Murray traded to Titans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because you responded to me when I said the Eagles see a bad contract and try to purge it and yet we see a bad deal with Carr and let it play out.

Forget Year 1, Year 3, whatever.

It's bad contracts. The Eagles are purging (or trying to purge) bad contracts. We have one ourselves in Brandon Carr (forget the year, it's a bad contract NOW) and we keep farting around with him.

Okay may be i'm not understanding you. You complained that "The Cowboys never sign a bad contract and get rid of it the next season".......but what example do you have that fits that? You guys are complaining about something that isn't there. What player do we have or had that we signed a big deal too, the guy flopped the 1st year and deserved to get cut the next? Is that Carr? I Don't think so but for arguments sake okay that's Carr. So if we cut Carr then what? We are a championship team now? Carr is what's holding us back from contending?

Like Jazz said, you guys panicked the year they assembled the their team last year and we didn't spend much....and a year later you are panicking because we are not getting rid of players which in this case is Carr? I guess I get your argument but I guess what i'm wondering is this worth even crying about?

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Eagles will get a 4th and a 5th from these moves. Maaaybe a 3rd.

Daillest88

Reaction score
It is smart the eagles are dumping there contracts now and taking the hit now, if miamj swapped 1st round picks then I could see them going after qb.. Chargers might be a good option for them..

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Risen Star is pure comedy in this thread. He just needs to leap off the edge...someone give him a push.

Anyways, I love that Murray went to Philly to win a championship and ended up costing the coach his job and got traded within a years time. Karma is a hardcore mean *****

Sydla

Reaction score
It alwasy
Okay may be i'm not understanding you. You complained that "The Cowboys never sign a bad contract and get rid of it the next season".......but what example do you have that fits that? You guys are complaining about something that isn't there. What player do we have or had that we signed a big deal too, the guy flopped the 1st year and deserved to get cut the next? Is that Carr? I Don't think so but for arguments sake okay that's Carr. So if we cut Carr then what? We are a championship team now? Carr is what's holding us back from contending?

Like Jazz said, you guys panicked the year they assembled the their team last year and we didn't spend much....and a year later you are panicking because we are not getting rid of players which in this case is Carr? I guess I get your argument but I guess what i'm wondering is this worth even crying about?

Problem is I never uttered anything even close to that.

All I said is that it's funny that the Eagles are trying to purge bad contracts and yet here we still with Brandon Carr still holding a roster spot today.

It's not panicking on my part. It's pointing out a reality. For whatever reason, the front office of the Cowboys just can't seem to get over Brandon Carr and his cruddy contract.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
For the ones that are are upset that the Eagles are making moves but we haven't done anything with Carr, can you tell me the Benefit of cutting Carr today? Other than to satisfy you, I mean. Carr will not play here next year under that contract. I know it, he knows it, everyone knows it, but I can't see the benefit of cutting him today vs may or June or training camp.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No I believe the team trading for the player takes on the annual salary and the team trading the players has the guarenteed money accelerate on there cap

They are reporting Murray agreed to make a new deal with TEN.

But guaranteed money just means it is guaranteed by someone. If traded the new teams assumes the whole contract. PHI would be stuck with some dead money but would be off the hook for any new payments. But it is all moot if they work out a new deal.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
For the ones that are are upset that the Eagles are making moves but we haven't done anything with Carr, can you tell me the Benefit of cutting Carr today? Other than to satisfy you, I mean. Carr will not play here next year under that contract. I know it, he knows it, everyone knows it, but I can't see the benefit of cutting him today vs may or June or training camp.

Because the Eagles are doing it and are a model franchise that has many years of success to go along with multiple super bowls.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Cap space is the main benefit. If they cut him today they get 6.4m in cap space.

They also get insurance against him getting injured at any point and being liable for the full amount.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cap space is the main benefit. If they cut him today they get 6.4m in cap space.

They also get insurance against him getting injured at any point and being liable for the full amount.

Cap space to sign WHO? We can sign anyone we want if we wanted too. No contract is stopping that. This myth that we couldn't sign Demarco is a myth. We could've re-signed him as well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Largely a wash on cap space for the Eagles. Dead money of 9 mill but salary plus SB would have counted 8 mill. Hit would have been close to 20 mill if cut.

I expect they got little back as Titans are saving them a ton of cap space

AbeBeta

Reaction score

I expect we are trying to get him to take less. At 4-5 mil a year, he'd be a good piece