Must win preseason game coming up

Shane612

Reaction score
I don't know how much T. Lawrence will play, but when he does, I think he'll have an easy time with the cowboys.

plasticman

Reaction score
I remember in 1989 that the Cowboys preseason record was 3-1. They finished the preseason by defeating the Oilers 30-28 with a field goal in the last seconds.

Jerry was on the sidelines and you would have thought they just won the Super Bowl. He was running into the tunnel with his arm around Jimmy.

The following week they lost their first regular season game to the Saints 28-0 on their way to a 1-15 record.

In 2016 the preseason was depressing. They lost their 2nd team quarterback, Kellen Moore, before the games. Then they lost Romo. In the preseason they went 1-3. In the regular season they went 13-3.

Preseason games are meaningless and I have never found a correlation between winning in the preseason and winning in the regular season.

Shane612

Reaction score
I take it you haven't watched him play this preseason. He's too busy being hit and running for his life to have an easy time with anyone.
Well, it's not like the Cowboys DL has scared any QB the last couple...few....dozen..... years.
lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The Patriots went undefeated in 07 season after going winless in preseason. They made the superbowl..........i would take that as a step in the right direction

The Lions won every preseason game the year they went 0-16

Preseason isn't about winning games

That's true, but I'll gladly accept a win anyway!!:grin:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This thread has been entertaining and all but preparation for the NFL season is all the preseason is about. As long as this team enters the season with an ability to compete successfully, we should be good to go. Whether or not that has been accomplished remains to be seen in the near future. I'll just remain very hopeful of seeing this team do well enough to enjoy the upcoming season.
That's not too much to ask, if it's not overly optimistic . . . :flagwave:

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This thread has been entertaining and all but preparation for the NFL season is all the preseason is about. As long as this team enters the season with an ability to compete successfully, we should be good to go. Whether or not that has been accomplished remains to be seen in the near future. I'll just remain very hopeful of seeing this team do well enough to enjoy the upcoming season.

Yeah you're right! But..........if they just happen to screw up and win the game, (by accident of course) I won't make 'em give it back.

Jipper

Reaction score

entertainment was the goal….as is the goal of the season….here’s hoping that we see a stronger more cohesive group with some intensity in 16 days….

I don’t expect a Super Bowl (or auperbowl for those following along) but it would be great to see a young team pointing up and not frustrating us every game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
entertainment was the goal….as is the goal of the season….here’s hoping that we see a stronger more cohesive group with some intensity in 16 days….

I don’t expect a Super Bowl (or auperbowl for those following along) but it would be great to see a young team pointing up and not frustrating us every game

I have to say that's pretty much my intended message, to be sure! My expectations really aren't to win the Super Bowl or anything of the kind. If they manage to provide us with a decent amount of entertainment, I'll be sufficiently satisfied. I'd say they'll always be my team, no matter what. ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

:laugh::lmao::lmao2:You said auperbowl.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I take it you haven't watched him play this preseason. He's too busy being hit and running for his life to have an easy time with anyone.

Exactly right -- I told my son Monday that the Jags OL is an accident about to happen. They proved it, too! Lawrence had to run for his life. o_O