My 12 hour trip to Cowboys vs Colts game

Darkhound

Reaction score
Oh.... since i had to go buy clothes for my "spur of the moment trip" I picked up this lucky charms cap! It is now my official talisman!

In closing, I wouldl like to say, that this was one of the most enjoyable experiences in my life! this game was very very special, and I was a live witness!

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Glad you could make the game, DH. I'm just starting to get my voice back today. Most home games you'll see a few thousand empty seats easily. There was not one empty seat in that stadium. EVERY single seat was taken, and not necessarily by Colts fans. The stadium was the LOUDEST I've ever heard it. EVER. We were running up and down the aisles with our cowbells urging the wine-and-cheesers to do something. And it worked. There were many times before the Colts snapped the ball where I turned to my friend and yelled, "Peyton can't hear anything." And he'd turn to me and yell, "What?" I was emotionally and physically spent after that game was over. Thank goodness Ibuprophen is available over the counter. This was the Cowboys' game of the century to date. I can only hope the fans keep it up and not revert back to their usual "observer" ways.

Jeff

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Darkhound;1177330 said:
Did you see on the local screens where they apparently spotted Jessica Simpson? And emmit was with Jerry Jones on this suite!

After the game was over, went back to our setup by the corral to continue tailgating and watch the postgame coverage. In the parade of vehicles leaving the parking lot, a Hummer was in the middle of the caravan the passed right next to us driven by none other than Emmitt himself.

Jeff

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Darkhound;1177566 said:
Oh.... since i had to go buy clothes for my "spur of the moment trip" I picked up this lucky charms cap! It is now my official talisman!

In closing, I wouldl like to say, that this was one of the most enjoyable experiences in my life! this game was very very special, and I was a live witness!
Just don't guard it like Gollum does his precious.

Thanks for the stories and pics.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Darkhound;1177566 said:

You know you're going to have to wear that cap for EVERY Cowboys game. Right? Superstition, my freind!!!!

BTW, thanks for the info on the tickets.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hostile;1178167 said:
I agree, this is a haj.

haj or hajj also hadj (hj) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "haj" [P]
n. Isla. pl. haj·es or hajj·es also hadj·es A pilgrimage to Mecca during Dhu’l Hijja, made as an objective of the religious life of a Muslim.

The cab ride was just the soundtrack.:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward;1178194 said:
haj or hajj also hadj (hj) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "haj" [P]
n. Isla. pl. haj·es or hajj·es also hadj·es A pilgrimage to Mecca during Dhu’l Hijja, made as an objective of the religious life of a Muslim.

The cab ride was just the soundtrack.:)
:bow:

:laugh2:

Darkhound

Reaction score
Yes, I am wearing that cap from now on. I still have on my mind that music from the cab... lol... it was something like that "haillaa laijaia jai jaiyaaaa jayhayahhhhh" it seems funny now, but it was not so funny while I was on the cab!

I want to add some interesting facts, and see whatyou guys think.

1. Strangely, correct me if i am wrong, there were "MANY" colt fans on the game. Since I traveled alone, I took the time to walk all around the stadium while inside, and talked to people, etc. I found many citizens from Dallas that liked the COLTS, especially younger fans. This due to the "Peyton Manning fever" Since i DONT go very often to Texas Stadium, I have no clue if this is normal when other teams come.

2. There is ALOT of fanbase from outside of Dallas that comes to watch the game. This also afirms our theory that the Cowboys have a large userfan base countrywide.

3. On this particular game (dont know if on any othere) the team was introduces just like that... "as a team" and not individually. Fact that reflects the good vibe the team is goigh through atm.

4. There just seems to be a connection with the overall team and the fans, something that seems to be just there, and that had been kindda lost for the last years!

Any comments guys?

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Darkhound;1178253 said:
Yes, I am wearing that cap from now on. I still have on my mind that music from the cab... lol... it was something like that "haillaa laijaia jai jaiyaaaa jayhayahhhhh" it seems funny now, but it was not so funny while I was on the cab!

I want to add some interesting facts, and see whatyou guys think.

1. Strangely, correct me if i am wrong, there were "MANY" colt fans on the game. Since I traveled alone, I took the time to walk all around the stadium while inside, and talked to people, etc. I found many citizens from Dallas that liked the COLTS, especially younger fans. This due to the "Peyton Manning fever" Since i DONT go very often to Texas Stadium, I have no clue if this is normal when other teams come.

2. There is ALOT of fanbase from outside of Dallas that comes to watch the game. This also afirms our theory that the Cowboys have a large userfan base countrywide.

3. On this particular game (dont know if on any othere) the team was introduces just like that... "as a team" and not individually. Fact that reflects the good vibe the team is goigh through atm.

4. There just seems to be a connection with the overall team and the fans, something that seems to be just there, and that had been kindda lost for the last years!

Any comments guys?

Here's my 2 cents as a season ticket holder.

1. While you may have seen "MANY" colt fans Sunday, there were much less visiting team supporters than during most games.

2. You hit the nail on the head. The Cowboys have more die-hard fans outside of Texas than in Texas.

3. The Cowboys are announced as a "team" every home game, per Parcells' request.

4. There's a connection between the team and fans when the team is winning. Unfortunately, most of the locals are fair weather fans who will find other things to do on Sunday when the Cowboys are not winning. Sad but true.

Jeff

Darkhound

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!

I only wish I could live in Dallas, I will go to monster.com and jobings.com to apply, see what happens!

Back on subject.....

I have alot more pics that will be added tonight. I had to drive back 10 hours and I was very exhausted from the trip. I surely hope this game catapults us onto better things.

Ahh... I also need to upload the video I took of the cheerleaders, and the pic i got with a cute "DEJA BLUE" girl!

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score

this is one of the best threads EVER

sounds like you had a blast

I doubt the stadium ever gets that loud again, as it's usually more like a movie theatre than a football game in there for whatever reason

Texas Stadium needs more fans like you, Crown, and CowboyJeff!!!

PS, are you rich or something? spontaneous trip, calling friends to book you hotels, book you tickets, buying a digital camera on the fly, etc, lol

Darkhound

Reaction score
Adding to the excellent experience, I had like 3 MGD's, and a nice sausage on a stick!

For those of you regulars, what is more common to eat there? Those "monster nachos'? Hot dog? Popcorn? Do most people drink beer or just a regular soft drink?

Darkhound

Reaction score
SupermanXx;1178327 said:
PS, are you rich or something? spontaneous trip, calling friends to book you hotels, book you tickets, buying a digital camera on the fly, etc, lol

I am rich in my heart an soul for being able to exprience this. Driving there all alone, with no clue what to expect, but with ONE goal in my mind, with one dream set, is priceless.

I cannot put into words, what i FELT when I saw Texas Stadium again. I even forgot the Arabian Cab driver and his "templeish" music! I think I can say, that I felt like a 7 year old kid for the FIRST TIME EVER in Toys R Us.

I walked around the stadium, saw people setting the tailgaiting, the official shop, people asking for tickets, people with their faces covered. And you guys know what it was the best..IT WAS REAL!!! I was there, and not just at my house watching it from TV..... Jesus..... I wish it would have never ended.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Darkhound;1178341 said:
I am rich in my heart an soul for being able to exprience this. Driving there all alone, with no clue what to expect, but with ONE goal in my mind, with one dream set, is priceless.

I cannot put into words, what i FELT when I saw Texas Stadium again. I even forgot the Arabian Cab driver and his "templeish" music! I think I can say, that I felt like a 7 year old kid for the FIRST TIME EVER in Toys R Us.

I walked around the stadium, saw people setting the tailgaiting, the official shop, people asking for tickets, people with their faces covered. And you guys know what it was the best..IT WAS REAL!!! I was there, and not just at my house watching it from TV..... Jesus..... I wish it would have never ended.

Great stuff DH... whaere are you from?

DA FAN

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1178268 said:
Here's my 2 cents as a season ticket holder.

2. You hit the nail on the head. The Cowboys have more die-hard fans outside of Texas than in Texas.

Jeff

Maybe not Texas, but certainly the Dallas-Ft Worth metroplex.

I see nothing but Cowboys Fans in Corpus, Laredo, San Antonio than any other team and they all wear their stuff (caps,tshirts,jerseys)