my 1st mock draft

carphalen5150

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1430650 said:
DeOssie won't get past the Patriots in the 2nd round. It's hardly a reach in the 3rd and I would be surprised if he is there when we pick.
This is your opinion...mine is that it is a reach.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1430744 said:
This is your opinion...mine is that it is a reach.

fair enough, these are the type of things that make saving thread URL's for after the draft worth it.;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1430822 said:
fair enough, these are the type of things that make saving thread URL's for after the draft worth it.;)

I share your opinion here. I honestly think that DeOssie is going to be a 2nd, maybe 3rd rd pick. I mean, you look at his physical dimensions and you can right a way see that he has some atributes. He is smart kid too. Really, the only concern I have with him is durability. He's been nicked up some in his college career but honestly, look at the production and you have to like what you see. You can say that it's not against top level compatition but then again, it's not his fault that Brown doesn't play Miami every year.

In 26 games played over 3 seasons, the guy has 281 tackels or just under 94 a season. He has 34 tackels for loss, he has like 10 sacks and 4 INTs for his career. To me, the production is there. I like him a lot.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1430822 said:
Save away.

Also note...if he does get picked earlier we'll have to see if his play warrants that selection. I say no.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1431040 said:
Save away.

Also note...if he does get picked earlier we'll have to see if his play warrants that selection. I say no.

of course you have to say no, Brown to the NFL is a big step up, he'll get lost in our LB corp at 1st

but he's versatile, had nice production in college, is smart and has nice measurables

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1430652 said:
Great mock, one of the best I have seen.

Goldenrichards83;1430653 said:
thank you

w/ my 2nd scenario, we don't even have to take Figurs, I want him for his return abilities, but Allison looked good returing during the Senior Bowl workouts

mschmidt64

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1430650 said:
DeOssie won't get past the Patriots in the 2nd round. It's hardly a reach in the 3rd and I would be surprised if he is there when we pick.

Uh, no.

He's more like a 5th or 6th rounder.

If someone takes him before that, they reached.

SDogo

Reaction score
mschmidt64;1431826 said:
Uh, no.

He's more like a 5th or 6th rounder.

If someone takes him before that, they reached.

oh my...............ok

I never use internet draft sites as referalls for other reasons but.

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/mock/2007_3rd.html Round 3 pick 92 (7th rated ILB)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html Round 3 pick 88 (6th rated ILB)
NFL Draft Blitz has him listed as a 2nd rounder on their value board
Mel Kiper has him listed as a early 3rd rounder
Frank Coyle has him listed as a 2nd rounder
http://www.draftnotebook.com/prospect_ratings.htm lists him as a player to keep an eye on
Mayy Mayock on path to the draft listed him as the 6th ranked OLB and solid 3rd round choice

I'm sure you scout the net for your draft info, do some research. He's highly regarded as a 3rd round pick and he's moving up.

Just because he did not attend a major school or you have not heard his name thrown around in the top 3 rounds for the last year does not mean he is not a legit day 1 prospect. I know most of these sites are fly by night couch scouts but I'm willing to bet they are the same sights you use to make arguments about other prospects.

Now I need to ask both of you based on what criteria do you consider him a reach in the 3rd? I have taken away your internet refrences, I'm going to call it out on the table and say with almost certintity you have never seen more then 30 minutes of a Brown game and elimiated any use of our friendly TV Draft personalities. I want to say odd's are your holding a fresh new issue of the ESPN draft magazine that lists him as a 5th round pick and was printed over a month ago in your hand but I'm hoping your wiser then that to use an out dated draft publication to base your argument. You have to have something to base your argument or opinion on other then he went to Brown or spells his name weird.

SDogo

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1431040 said:
Save away.

Isnt that the thought process with any prospect?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1432175 said:
oh my...............ok

I never use internet draft sites as referalls for other reasons but.

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/mock/2007_3rd.html Round 3 pick 92 (7th rated ILB)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html Round 3 pick 88 (6th rated ILB)
NFL Draft Blitz has him listed as a 2nd rounder on their value board
Mel Kiper has him listed as a early 3rd rounder
Frank Coyle has him listed as a 2nd rounder
http://www.draftnotebook.com/prospect_ratings.htm lists him as a player to keep an eye on
Mayy Mayock on path to the draft listed him as the 6th ranked OLB and solid 3rd round choice

I'm sure you scout the net for your draft info, do some research. He's highly regarded as a 3rd round pick and he's moving up.

Just because he did not attend a major school or you have not heard his name thrown around in the top 3 rounds for the last year does not mean he is not a legit day 1 prospect. I know most of these sites are fly by night couch scouts but I'm willing to bet they are the same sights you use to make arguments about other prospects.

Now I need to ask both of you based on what criteria do you consider him a reach in the 3rd? I have taken away your internet refrences, I'm going to call it out on the table and say with almost certintity you have never seen more then 30 minutes of a Brown game and elimiated any use of our friendly TV Draft personalities. I want to say odd's are your holding a fresh new issue of the ESPN draft magazine that lists him as a 5th round pick and was printed over a month ago in your hand but I'm hoping your wiser then that to use an out dated draft publication to base your argument. You have to have something to base your argument or opinion on other then he went to Brown or spells his name weird.

:bow: total ownage my friend