My 3/5 mock

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Beasley and Harris. The Cowboys don't have any true all out burners.

Beasley is a slot small player way different than Matthews. Matthews can play any position. Harris does he even play WR. Didn't see him much there both just 3 or 4 wr. Neither line up wide.

Matthews ran a 4.46

bodi

Reaction score
I don't get drafting a WR in the second round

Matthews -WEAKNESSES: Good, but not great build-up speed and may lack an elite second gear to gain separation. Lean-muscled and needs to do more in contested situations

when we can get the same thing in the 5 round

Norwood 40 time 4.48

Jeff Janis 40 time 4.42

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Matthews -WEAKNESSES: Good, but not great build-up speed and may lack an elite second gear to gain separation. Lean-muscled and needs to do more in contested situations

Norwood 40 time 4.48

Jeff Janis 40 time 4.42

I am a fan of Jeff Janis, especially if in the 4th or later. And I prefer Moncrief over Matthews, especially if in the 2nd.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Norwood 40 time 4.48

Jeff Janis 40 time 4.42

have you ever watched him play or are you just looking at combine numbers. Sorry but matthews is much better than either janis or Norwood.

what don;t you get aboiut drafting a WR. Dez played double teamed all year and with a hurt back. Who steps up to replace Dez if he goes down. Who will be a true #2 because I don't see that in T Williams. Maybe you do.

matthews has the size, hands, and is not scared to go across the middle and is the all time leading receiver in the SEC.
Those are things I did not see form Norwood or Janis.

Matthews played vs top SEC defense, played on a bad team with a bad QB and still dominated these top defenses.

You don't get another WR, a true WE tghat can be a #1 if needed, then expect Dez to be doubled all year again and better hope he stays healthy.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I am a fan of Jeff Janis, especially if in the 4th or later. And I prefer Moncrief over Matthews, especially if in the 2nd.
I like Moncrief but he catches with his body and not hands and never goes across the middle. Seems scared when running across the middle. I've watched every game the last two years of Moncrief and 3 of Matthews. Moncreif disappears vs top competition.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Norwood 40 time 4.48

Jeff Janis 40 time 4.42

have a question. Where did you get his so called weakness.
No build up speed. but ran a 4.46
Lean muscle but just benched 21 reps

Also please check out Matthews stats the last two years in the SEC
2012 94 catches 1323 yards 14 YPC 8 TDs and can you name his QB
2013 112 catches 1477 yards 7 TDs and his worse game in a win vs Florida with a back up run first QB

Doubt janis or Norwood could do that

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Moncrief and matthews are both SEC players. Moncrief has alot better QB and team than matthews had at vandy.
Go check the stats and tell me who produced the best. matthews by a long shot.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/500884/jordan-matthews
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512013/donte-moncrief

but with that said i would still take Moncrief but not if matthews is still there. Matthews is a late 1st 2nd round player with great work ethic. Moncrief has lot to work on and I think is a late 2nd or 3rd round.

bodi

Reaction score
Norwood would have been first rounder if he had a QB an Ala was not a running school

he be the better pick IMO

you have yours own opinion I respect that

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785887/jordan-matthews

He was invited to the Senior Bowl, where he sported a good frame with long arms (32 5/8 inches) and big hands, but he dropped a handful of passes throughout the week of practice and failed to consistently gain separation from cornerbacks

( wheres that speed when he needs it )

Norwood further impressed scouts with a solid performance at the Senior Bowl, where he showcased the reliable route-running and soft hands to rank as one of the better receivers in the prestigious all-star game. Given his size and experience in the slot, don't be surprised when Norwood catches on in the NFL and contributes relatively early in his pro career.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Solid draft. The defense is not one draft away from being "fixed" no matter what people around here want to believe. We can't ignore quality offensive talent if it falls to us, or we'll be like that year we passed on LeSean McCoy.