My 4th (Final?) Cowboys Mock Draft

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1462690 said:
I almost took a CB in the 2nd again, but that ignores pass rush or NT. You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

I'm not sure we don't have enough guys here to rush the passer. That's why I'm hesitant to take a pass-rusher ahead of a corner.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus I don't see the need for another high-round insider backer IF we're already adding another outside backer in this draft which will essentially move Carpenter inside.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1462769 said:
I'm not sure we don't have enough guys here to rush the passer. That's why I'm hesitant to take a pass-rusher ahead of a corner.
That's a reversal for you and me. Last year I felt we had enough and you didn't.

MichaelWinicki;1462770 said:
Plus I don't see the need for another high-round insider backer IF we're already adding another outside backer in this draft which will essentially move Carpenter inside.
I'm not so sure. I still think Carpenter would be the SOLB. Ellis & Woodley would be situational pass rushers and DL depth in what I am proposing. Basically it would mean we can come after a QB on any down.

Oh and I see ILB as a definite need given the fact Ayodele had not played it before last year, James had a bad year, and Fowler is gone. Those were our top 3 ILBs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1462824 said:
That's a reversal for you and me. Last year I felt we had enough and you didn't.

I'm not so sure. I still think Carpenter would be the SOLB. Ellis & Woodley would be situational pass rushers and DL depth in what I am proposing. Basically it would mean we can come after a QB on any down.

Oh and I see ILB as a definite need given the fact Ayodele had not played it before last year, James had a bad year, and Fowler is gone. Those were our top 3 ILBs.

I think CB is potentially a far weaker position due to age. To not address it before round 6 may not be the best direction to go.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;1462871 said:
I love this draft

Even though I'm criticizing I think it's a good effort by Hos and I would be happy if we ended up drafting that way.

I'd rather see the kid from Boise State as the QB and I'd draft a CB earlier but it's a pretty good effort overall.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1462864 said:
I think CB is potentially a far weaker position due to age. To not address it before round 6 may not be the best direction to go.
Last year Free Safety was the weakest position and we addressed it in the 5th round and you like that guy. You could like Courtney Brown.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1462892 said:
Last year Free safety was the weakest position and we addressed it in the 5th round and you like that guy. You could like Courtney Brown.

Doubtful.

Ourlads rates him as the 25th best corner prospect... Kiper has him at #35.

Watkins was rated consistently in the 3rd round (at least) by many guides.

Brown doesn't seem to have the "love" that Watkins did.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'd take it though you shouldn't listen to peer pressure and should take Beck in the 4th.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1462759 said:
You missed a spot.

shortbus-46967.jpg

:grin:

Damn that is a short-bus. We don't have'em that short around here-- must be an Arizona thing. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1462951 said:
Damn that is a short-bus. We don't have'em that short around here-- must be an Arizona thing. :)
You assume we have trees.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery;1462930 said:
I'd take it though you shouldn't listen to peer pressure and should take Beck in the 4th.
Truth be told Avery, the players I like best in the whole draft are probably guys like Anthony Waters, Allen Barbre, and John Beck whom I have focused on. I believe that they could be 4th and 5th round steals. While I like guys like Landry, Willis, and Meachem, it is usually the 3rd through 5th round picks that make or break a draft. Like when we got Canty & Barber in the 4th round in 2005. Or Watkins in the 5th last year. There's nothing more fun than unexpected contribution from the middle of your draft.