My biggest issue with Dak isn't losing. It's that deer in headlights stare

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
When the going gets tough, Dak loses faith in himself and he stares into space, talking to nobody. You can tell when his confidence wavers and the game begins to snowball from there. Down 14-0 and after we punted again, I knew we were going to lose because it was evident that Dak didn’t believe.

I hate that stare.

Havic

Reaction score
When dak is staring at the tablet for the entire series while it’s obvious it’s a poor throw, it’s over. What really shocked me was CDs body language, he looked like he was already ready to give up

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
When dak is staring at the tablet for the entire series while it’s obvious it’s a poor throw, it’s over. What really shocked me was CDs body language, he looked like he was already ready to give up
It’s because Dallas is a front runner team and once they fall behind a score or two, the team loses all faith and can’t punch back.

Mannix

Reaction score
My issue is the following....what is Daks' record playing 3 - 4 straight .500+ winning % teams in a row in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? I am too lazy to look it up, but lets assume there aren't many 3-0 or 4-0 runs...maybe none. Lets add something to that shall we....assuming that most playoff teams are between 9-8 and 13-4...or .529 and .764, what is his record in 3-4 straight games against teams with that winning % in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? Hell, when is the last time he beat TWO teams in a row with a record between .529 and .764??? The reason I bring that up, is because that is what it'll take to win a Super Bowl....and that the record is probably gonna show that if he did do it, it would be the first time ever as a Cowboy....and who thinks that is gonna happen??? I did the math, and the odds are roughly 4 trillion to 1.....time to move the hell on from him.

kwcool619

Reaction score
My issue is the following....what is Daks' record playing 3 - 4 straight .500+ winning % teams in a row in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? I am too lazy to look it up, but lets assume there aren't many 3-0 or 4-0 runs...maybe none. Lets add something to that shall we....assuming that most playoff teams are between 9-8 and 13-4...or .529 and .764, what is his record in 3-4 straight games against teams with that winning % in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? Hell, when is the last time he beat TWO teams in a row with a record between .529 and .764??? The reason I bring that up, is because that is what it'll take to win a Super Bowl....and that the record is probably gonna show that if he did do it, it would be the first time ever as a Cowboy....and who thinks that is gonna happen??? I did the math, and the odds are roughly 4 trillion to 1.....time to move the hell on from him.
I guess I have a better chance of winning the California Lottery than seeing Dak win 3 or 4 straight against teams over .530. Thanks for the heads up.

75boyz

Reaction score
So you're saying there's a chance?

Mark

Reaction score
When you can't trust your captain not to dissolve in the foxhole, it's all over.

I like Dak, and think he's a talented QB, and a stand-up guy. What he doesn't have is that "X" factor to remain focused & confident, and to inspire teammates to join with him to fight themselves out of a bad situation.

You NEVER saw that detached, faraway stare in Staubach's eyes...no matter the score. He was professionally trained to lead men into battle, and it showed - in spades - on the football field.

Last edited:

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
When the going gets tough, Dak loses faith in himself and he stares into space, talking to nobody. You can tell when his confidence wavers and the game begins to snowball from there. Down 14-0 and after we punted again, I knew we were going to lose because it was evident that Dak didn’t believe.

I hate that stare.
I agree. And for a guy that seems to be a confident person, and seems to be a good leader, it’s disturbing that he doesn’t seem to be able to handle the big games. And don’t tell me he doesn’t have arm talent because I see him making all the same throws in the regular season that he seems to miss badly in the playoffs or big games. It’s mind boggling but his sample size is big enough to expect any other result would be foolish at this point.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak had a great regular season, as I've stated in threads, but seeing the panic in him against the Packers reminded me of why he will never have success in the post season.....it's just not in the players DNA .

I expect more of the same if they get back to the playoffs. The East should be winnable again with the Eagles regressing

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Copy and paste is truly your friend.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The very first question that must be answered before deciding on Dak's future is, has he lost the team. If the answer to that is yes than he's got to go, no if ands or buts.

There has been plenty enough smoke around this to warrant pulling the alarm.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It’s because Dallas is a front runner team and once they fall behind a score or two, the team loses all faith and can’t punch back.
It doesn't matter if they have the lead or not. Look at the 49-er playoff game the year before. That was a close game and Dak was still struggling and had that look on his face.