My biggest issue with Dak isn't losing. It's that deer in headlights stare

dcstar

Reaction score
But the deer in the headlights IS the harbinger of losing..in poker its called a tell.

Mr Prescott is a streak player...when he is hot he is hot...when he is not he is not.

Messers Elliott and Prescott stole almost 1/4 of a billion dollars from the Jones' fortune. If these folks pay Mr Prescott one more red cent...its their albatross to bear.

Go Cowboys!

XXLMike

Reaction score
When the going gets tough, Dak loses faith in himself and he stares into space, talking to nobody. You can tell when his confidence wavers and the game begins to snowball from there. Down 14-0 and after we punted again, I knew we were going to lose because it was evident that Dak didn’t believe.

I hate that stare.
Ha I said this last week ! Drives me nuts ! It’s the stare of someone who doesn’t understand the difference between there and their.

HanD

Reaction score
When the going gets tough, Dak loses faith in himself and he stares into space, talking to nobody. You can tell when his confidence wavers and the game begins to snowball from there. Down 14-0 and after we punted again, I knew we were going to lose because it was evident that Dak didn’t believe.

I hate that stare.
i saw that stare on a sideline shot even before he took the field. he had glazed over eyes staring into space totally out of it as gb was in the redzone.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I hate that stare.
That's why he needs a fulltime QB coach. Someone to keep him focused, critique and correct on the sidelines. MM can't do that because he's the HC and need to

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
You know in those moments his mind is not on the game and the task at hand. It’s over mentally for that game. When he gets that stare, he is thinking about all the negative press coming his way and once that happens, it’s impossible to get your mind right and overcome whatever has already happened in that game because you have already accepted defeat for that day.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Guys on this forum pretending to be doctors is the dumbest thing on the internet.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I didn’t hear Daks whole presser but Troy said today he mentioned his head racing way ahead of his feet. To me, 8 yrs in, that’s scary that it’s admitted

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
My biggest issue with Dak is the losing.

Like....if he just had that "I'm in control and know exactly what is going on" look on his face, but he was still throwing meatloaf interceptions to the other team and Pick 6's in the playoffs, and throwing into quadruple coverage like he did against GB...would you really feel better?

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
But the deer in the headlights IS the harbinger of losing..in poker its called a tell.

Mr Prescott is a streak player...when he is hot he is hot...when he is not he is not.

Messers Elliott and Prescott stole almost 1/4 of a billion dollars from the Jones' fortune. If these folks pay Mr Prescott one more red cent...its their albatross to bear.

Go Cowboys!
:hammer: :hammer::hammer:

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
When you can't trust your captain not to dissolve in the foxhole, it's all over.

I like Dak, and think he's a talented QB, and a stand-up guy. What he doesn't have is that "X" factor to remain focused & confident, and to inspire teammates to join with him to fight themselves out of a bad situation.

You NEVER saw that detached, faraway stare in Staubach's eyes...no matter the score. He was professionally trained to lead men into battle, and it showed - in spades - on the football field.
Same with Aikman. Both were laser focused. Aikman played his best football in the playoffs.

Praxit

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
...that's called coaching and experience. Growing pains for what its worth.

You dont think Dak has had sleepless nights, ruminating what he would have done differently?

He learned the hard way, it will carry over and hopefully have different results.

Sucks for us fans being championship drought.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You're going to be so miserable the next 3 to 4 years over this. Dak is going to be here. Hope he gets better is all you can do.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Look at Dak's scouting report coming out of college. He still has the same deficinies. He's not a bad quarterback by anymeans. But, I think he knows he doesn't have the raw talent of some of the other guys. He just doesn't have those skills. So, when he feels pressure to have to carry the team at all it snowballs and goes the way it does. It's a pattern, it's real.

13-15 in the last 3 years against teams that finish the season .500 or above. Beats up on a crappy NFC East. 2019 lost to injury riddled Eagles team to miss the playoffs. 2020 got injured, or would have played the season a terrible team and I don't think got his contract. 2021, 2022, 2023, putrid performacnes in three playoff games. He doesn't have the skill to do it. It can't be willed or taught, it's god given and he doesn't have it. The team has to carry him and a team can't be built on his salary to carry him. Simple as that.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
And that's why he can't be fixed. His mental deer in the headlights shows up against better teams and he isnt able to overcome it with his instincts because his mechanics are so bad. He becomes lost

Philmonroe

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
Funny thing you know this is a real thing when others you never talked to about it are saying the same things oftentimes. I was watching a random YouTube video and one of the host mentioned the same thing. I don’t know if they’re a Boys fan or not but it was funny. It reminded me of that pic one of these posters have of Dak looking like a deer in headlights.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

I hate that stare.
Go check my Posts ive been seeing this for the past few years. its a psychological thing where he's looking for someone that can put the fire to his but and tell him get it together and get back in there. and who ever that person was is now gone. Mine was my grandfather. when i had a match going bad he would yell at me from the stands to get my head in the game and kick that guys ***. i would snap out of it and go win the match. once my grandfather died, when i had a match go sideways he was not there and i could not snap out of it. i stated looseing more than i won and it made it get worse. i had to get treatment and some tools to get over it. but it took me years to figure it out. Derailed my olympic career, i wish i had figured it out sooner i might have finally made it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You're going to be so miserable the next 3 to 4 years over this. Dak is going to be here. Hope he gets better is all you can do.
He’s not getting better. Why hope for the almost impossible? Not many players period get way better after being in the league as long as him outside of outlier situations and or the player for some reason wasn’t playing much before that which is also an outlier.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
This off season he needs to go to navy seals/ high pressure situation training.......like seriously. If not we're going to go 12-5 and yet again witness him peeing down his leg in the first round next season!