CFZ My Boy Vander Doesn't Get His Due Props Around Here

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I read on Cowboyszone. I get on the Youtube shows. And I hear a lot of talk about how Vander Esch is the problem.

Pardon me?

Are we even watching the same game? He just happens to play in the shadow of Parsons. And if he didn't, he'd be one of our better players. He just plays a different role than I think we'd have him playing, if Parsons were otherwise not here.

Parsons is a luxury, but Vander Esch came up big today when called upon, and that's why I believe he's still here: he bought into DQs system and rides and dies by the sword of DQ. He showed it last year. He certainly wasn't the problem at San Fran. He just takes on a lot of responsibility in his role. He's also tough, and he'll be out there if he can.

Anyway, the other thing people are freaking out about is Deuce. You have to chill on that because he is going to get stuffed two times. Then bust a 20 yarder on you. Or longer. It's just how he plays. People are going to love him and hate him.

I'm glad to see Gallup still making progress. I want to see him work on his speed, week to week. Like really focus on his speed as a player. And from there, I think it could still be nothing but up for him. He'll have to get better over these next 6 weeks. And I think he will. He needs to check himself though, and get faster.

Still, it hasn't been an easy road for MG. And I don't think it will be an easy ride for Diggs either, given how important it is for CBs to cut and change speeds, accelerate, overall agility etcetera. Everyone says 1 year for an ACL. But it's more like 18 months even with the stem cell treatment. And we're getting there with Diggs, who I think will partake in the most succinct path to recovery possible.

I also want to give a shout out to my boy Doran Bland. The guy has some game and really just needed a shot, imo. I hope he keeps up the consistent, persistent work ethic. I see a future star in the making, perhaps.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lol. Worst player on the team. That was Fowler making a great play and LVE had an easy play to make. Even he couldn’t screw that up. Aside from that play he has been awful. His game last week was pathetic.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
LVE got unnecessarily bashed last year and it's carried over to this year. He isn't the greatest but he isn't terrible either. He is solid and dependable. This is also more than likely his last season as a Cowboy.
Actually he has another season left on his deal and he's so affordable, the only way he's not around is if he's hurt.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
As far as Deuce he hasn't gotten good blocking thus far but has made the best of his agility to gain any yardage into the middle of the dline

JayFord

Reaction score
Today was one of his better games...

the way he hit the hole to stop runs was a thing of beauty

but heres why he doesnt get his props....hes more of an old school early 90s type of linebacker...

The ones that make the right reads and are always around the ball hes not the flashy 4.3 prototyple lb that can also cover tight ends as well as rush the passer

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE got unnecessarily bashed last year and it's carried over to this year. He isn't the greatest but he isn't terrible either. He is solid and dependable. This is also more than likely his last season as a Cowboy.
I like LVE but he's slow and it really shows when he plays against teams with speed.

That's why he looks good some weeks and then we play a fast team like the Cardinals he seems a few steps behind on plays.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's solid, he missed a few tackles last week but was in good position. He's the least of our problems.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Any fan with a memory knows that the Cowboys defense tanked last year the moment LVE went out to injury. They are better with him out there, no question.
LVE is a beast, its a shame he doesnt get his due credit .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I read on Cowboyszone. I get on the Youtube shows. And I hear a lot of talk about how Vander Esch is the problem.

Pardon me?

Are we even watching the same game? He just happens to play in the shadow of Parsons. And if he didn't, he'd be one of our better players. He just plays a different role than I think we'd have him playing, if Parsons were otherwise not here.

Parsons is a luxury, but Vander Esch came up big today when called upon, and that's why I believe he's still here: he bought into DQs system and rides and dies by the sword of DQ. He showed it last year. He certainly wasn't the problem at San Fran. He just takes on a lot of responsibility in his role. He's also tough, and he'll be out there if he can.

Anyway, the other thing people are freaking out about is Deuce. You have to chill on that because he is going to get stuffed two times. Then bust a 20 yarder on you. Or longer. It's just how he plays. People are going to love him and hate him.

I'm glad to see Gallup still making progress. I want to see him work on his speed, week to week. Like really focus on his speed as a player. And from there, I think it could still be nothing but up for him. He'll have to get better over these next 6 weeks. And I think he will. He needs to check himself though, and get faster.

Still, it hasn't been an easy road for MG. And I don't think it will be an easy ride for Diggs either, given how important it is for CBs to cut and change speeds, accelerate, overall agility etcetera. Everyone says 1 year for an ACL. But it's more like 18 months even with the stem cell treatment. And we're getting there with Diggs, who I think will partake in the most succinct path to recovery possible.

I also want to give a shout out to my boy Doran Bland. The guy has some game and really just needed a shot, imo. I hope he keeps up the consistent, persistent work ethic. I see a future star in the making, perhaps.
Lve is a jag. Always has been.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lol. Worst player on the team. That was Fowler making a great play and LVE had an easy play to make. Even he couldn’t screw that up. Aside from that play he has been awful. His game last week was pathetic.
Sure, I saw that. I was going to get around to Tolbert's special teams hit. That was the play that I think set the tone of the game. I should have mentioned that.

I'm not just talking about that play, although pickig up the ball, and almost knowing where it was about to fall, and then running it in without hesitation in a clutch moment of the game . . . well, that's clutch. It's called teamwork. I wasn't taking anything away from Fowler. I saw the hit, and realize he was the source of the play. But he was just one factor, there was an additional factor and what LVE did is still making a play, in my book. And aside from that, he played a solid game. I saw some unseen pressure out there that didn't go in the stat sheets. But he was getting more push than some want to admit. He was just moving around out there, and I like that.