My CD "Open to Interpretation" is for sale...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
The CD features 17 original instrumentals...all songs are written and recorded by me. My instrumental performances range from guitar to banjo, dulcimer, mandolin, harmonica, bass, piano and keyboards. I had the assistance of great musicians on pedal steel (just for BradPaint) sax, and drums.

6 of the songs on the CD have won honors in various songwriting contests; 4 have won multiple awards.

11 songs have been signed by various music publishers.

I'm donating half of the proceeds to the Little Shelter, the dog shelter where I picked up my pooch, Pepper...

http://img651.*************/img651/7158/samepoochnewlife.jpg

On the left is a picture of her when she first arrived at the shelter (where she lived for two years) on the right is a picture of her in my backyard a few months after I had her home...needless to say, she's doing well. :)

Btw, if anyone has any training questions, I'm working on acquiring my dog training certification from the APDT, so you can always PM me...if I don't have an answer, my mentor will and I'll get back to you.

In any case, if you're so inclined, please check out johnviscontimusic.com All the songs on the CD are featured on my "Songs" page at my site. The CD can be purchased through the site.

Thanks!

And thank you to Reality for encouraging me to post this thread here.

John

Note: If you're interested in purchasing the CD and can't or don't want to do so online, PM me here.

Also, the CD can now be purchased here.... http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnDVisconti

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
A few years ago the staff here almost lost Juke to this passion of his as he had some opportunities open for him. We talked him into staying and are so glad he did. I knew he could make his music career happen and continue to help the staff here.

His talent is unmistakable as you can see for yourself. I am proud to call him my friend. I hope his music takes off and that you will be proud of your fellow Cowboys fan. He's a true asset to this place and to anyone who takes the time to get to know him.

Spectre

Reaction score
I liked "Surf's Down" and "Pepper".

I think some good vocals could really elevate those tracks but they're good listening even without em.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still trying to work my hypnotic magic over the internet...soon one day Juke will feel compelled to send me his blue Taylor acoustic guitar. :p:

Oh and one of my favorites from Juke...

[youtube]CaydM1HapBQ[/youtube]

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Oh BRAAAAAAAAAADPaint....

http://img214.*************/img214/6769/taylorvl.jpg

Spectre...yeah but then they wouldn't be instrumentals. :D Thanks for the kind words.

Hos...Ya know, that was nice of you. Being your lapdog aint so bad. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;3279963 said:
Oh BRAAAAAAAAAADPaint....

http://img214.*************/img214/6769/taylorvl.jpg

Spectre...yeah but then they wouldn't be instrumentals. :D Thanks for the kind words.

Hos...Ya know, that was nice of you. Being your lapdog aint so bad. ;)

Jedi Master Voice...

Juke this is not the guitar you want, send it to Brainpaint.

:p:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Nice guitar and song. Wish I could play like that. I suck at guitar. I can play my Lucille a little. And I've got a Martin 00-21 NYer for sale if anyone is looking. Just had it restored.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3280017 said:
Jedi Master Voice...

Juke this is not the guitar you want, send it to Brainpaint.

That's the actual guitar too.

Ain't it purty? ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jobberone;3280026 said:
Nice guitar and song. Wish I could play like that. I suck at guitar. I can play my Lucille a little. And I've got a Martin 00-21 NYer for sale if anyone is looking. Just had it restored.

Scoot over to the website, johnviscontimusic.com

Lemme give ya some hope, a few years ago, I used to write songs without solos because I hated the way I played. After playing be ear for, well, a LONG time, I decided to take lessons two years ago. Now I have a CD of instrumentals...with a bunch of 'em signed by publishers.

Just keep at it...even if it's only 15 minutes each day.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Spectre;3279862 said:
I liked "Surf's Down" and "Pepper".

I think some good vocals could really elevate those tracks but they're good listening even without em.

Btw, this is a HUGE compliment for me.

When I write an instrumental, I do it as if there are going to be lyrics...I want people to be able so sing the song in their heads after they listen.

With most instrumental albums, the instrumentalist is hell bent on showing the world how well he can play. OK, so after that 2 minutes is over, then what?

I always loved Jeff Beck's early albums and Joe Satriani's Surfing With the Alien because those guys wrote SONGS. They can also play their hineys off.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Juke99;3280111 said:
Btw, this is a HUGE compliment for me.

When I write an instrumental, I do it as if there are going to be lyrics...I want people to be able so sing the song in their heads after they listen.

With most instrumental albums, the instrumentalist is hell bent on showing the world how well he can play. OK, so after that 2 minutes is over, then what?

I always loved Jeff Beck's early albums and Joe Satriani's Surfing With the Alien because those guys wrote SONGS. They can also play their hineys off.
Man, that is just tremendous work. I have no musical talent whatsoever. I really envy the talent you have. Some of it just jumps out, like Hangman. It seems that the Satriani influence was big on that one, or at least to me it does.

If the Christmas song could get into the right hands, that would be a major hit. Christmas seems miles away at this point, but even I can tell that. Terrific song.

Keep posting here what you're up to. I'd have never heard of it otherwise.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Double Trouble;3280139 said:
Man, that is just tremendous work. I have no musical talent whatsoever. I really envy the talent you have. Some of it just jumps out, like Hangman. It seems that the Satriani influence was big on that one, or at least to me it does.

If the Christmas song could get into the right hands, that would be a major hit. Christmas seems miles away at this point, but even I can tell that. Terrific song.

Keep posting here what you're up to. I'd have never heard of it otherwise.

To paraphrase Muhammad Ali, If I dreamed of playing like Satriani, I oughta wake up and apologize.

Although, years ago, I did play along side of Satch. The guy is a monster.

Thanks on the Christmas song...3 publishers have it. We'll see.

Thanks for the kind words. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3280142 said:
Nice work, dude.

Thanks. It's the culmination of a LOT of time. Honestly, I hate recording. I love to write and love to play...but recording is a tedious exercise.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
theebs;3280144 said:
that is great man. Congrats.

Yo.

Thank you.

It was a lot of hard work. Whenever I got pissed, I'd just come here and ban someone. ;)

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't hear the music here at work, its blocked, but how can I get my hands on this bad boy? I want a copy of the CD. Post the information for us that can't go to the page.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;3280179 said:
I can't hear the music here at work, its blocked, but how can I get my hands on this bad boy? I want a copy of the CD. Post the information for us that can't go to the page.

The music sounds its best when ya can't hear it. ;) :D

You can PM me your address....you'll send me the payment, I'll send you the CD...and life will be wonderful...unless you don't send me the payment, then I'll sick Hos on ya.

And if you've ever seen Hos tear into a throw pillow, you'll want to avoid this at any cost.