My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

Jkyle

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.

A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
My offer to Dak:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Dak has 1 Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs since he signed his big contract, not 2.

Creeper

Reaction score

I like the idea although I would increase the incentives. Honestly, if he wins a Super Bowl, that would be worth at least $10 million to me. If he ins a Super Bowl wit the team being what it is now given this off-season, I would pay him $20 million. Let's be honest though. If you were Dak and you look at this offseason why would you settle for an incentive based deal knowing the owners are not going all in to win?

What I do agree with is Dak has not earned the $40 million deal he signed, so why bump him to $60 million? That's a 50% increase over his current contract. Who thinks Dak earned a 50% increase? Dak was better in 2023 than 2022, so maybe he deserves an increase of $10 million. I would not go higher than that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No. Unless we have him at 20 - 30 mil a year it's basically a non-starter because you need a lot more around him on both the defense and offense to be successful. Just look at the metric of how much reliance we have to have on a running game with him under center. Basically in a nutshell if the Cowboys depend on Dak Prescotts arm, you are more likely to lose the game. If however you are successfully running the ball and even get close to a 100 yards of rushing the Cowboys win. So you certainly are not paying for Prescott's arm in this scenario.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LOL Why?
Couldn't win when he had an awesome team with his rookie deal.?????????????????????
Offer NOTHING!!!!!
The sooner he leaves the faster we are headed to the SUPERBOWL!!!!

JBS

Reaction score
My contract offer to Dak

Me: Dak- you killed it last season. You deserve to be the highest paid player in nfl history. You ready to make that happen

Dak: yessir! That’s exactly what I’m looking for

Me: great, we are on the same page the as far as what type of money you are looking for. Not that we have that out of the way, let’s look for a team that is willing to pay you that type of money because it won’t be here. Provide me a list of your preferred options please.

LittleD

Reaction score

Dak and his manager would tell you to go fish. Dak holds all the cards this season. Next year you can recover a 3rd round comp pick for Dak for 2026.

LittleD

Reaction score
What card does he hold? I'm just curious since we keep hearing this ad nauseum about Dak holding all the cards? What exactly are we losing without him?
He has a no trade clause in his deal. He gets his money whether he plays or not. You could cut Dak right now and move some of his money until next season but, that is all. Dak has total leverage over Jerry.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What card does he hold? I'm just curious since we keep hearing this ad nauseum about Dak holding all the cards? What exactly are we losing without him?
That’s a Dak fan narrative.

If Jerry decides he doesn’t want Dak anymore then he won’t have Dak anymore.

That sounds like holding all the cards to me.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No way he accepts that offer and if Jerry is thinking that way then we would be better off trying to trade him. Denver, Minnesota, and Las Vegas don't currently have realistic options at QB and would have to mortgage a ton of draft capital to move up for one of the top 3 QBs. Dak may be willing to agree to a trade and go to one of these other teams if the other team offered him the right contract.

The only problem with this scenario is that we don't have a proven QB on the roster and we would have dumb and dumber still in charge of finding and acquiring the next franchise QB. It could end up being a decade of watching the Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, etc show.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He has a no trade clause in his deal. He gets his money whether he plays or not. You could cut Dak right now and move some of his money until next season but, that is all. Dak has total leverage over Jerry.
Okay, so he is guaranteed money and they can't trade him. So at worse, they let him play out the year and tell him to hit the road and go see if someone is dumb enough to make him the highest paid player in the league.