My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Its supposed to be infuriating by design...

None of this is real...

Move along folks...

Way more unreasonableness than reasonableness in here...why? To infuriate.

A QB could go 50/50 passes all 17 games...win by 24 points every game...if the team fails in the playoffs when things get hard its the QB's fault.

We could have Tom Landry as HC, Bill Belicheck at DC and Kyle Shanahan calling offense with Brady at QB....this team will crap the bed in Playoffs to cause uproar(profit).

There is nothing real about this. Dak will always fail in Playoffs...by design...to cause an uproar between the reasonable and negativity.

Same arguments daily here. BY DESIGN. Perfect story set up...have a QB that looks good in regular season and is paid market rate(which everyone is not a fan of) and have him fail in playoffs so Negativity can swoop in and cause uproar.

YAWN

khiladi

Reaction score
Yep - basically what 8 years of data shows us is that when teams force Dak to pass the Cowboys will likely lose. When the opponent is weak on defense and can't stop the run. But the second you run into a defense that has the LB's and defensive front along with the ability to disguise coverage this whole thing falls apart.
Even Chris Collinsworth was saying they started having him bail pocket after a certain count, after the bye. Remember this whole experiment in the off-season was to simplify everything for Dak’s decision-making process, as he was a walking pick the year prior.

Much of the “offense” even this year only took off when Dak started bailing pocket and running. But the gimmicks only last so long once defense pick up on them.

A lot of success this year can be owed to the fact they changed the play calling tendencies a lot during the bye so defenses weren’t really ready for it.

The Bills game really exposed them.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Even Chris Collinsworth was saying they started having him bail pocket after a certain count, after the bye. Remember this whole experiment in the off-season was to simplify everything for Dak’s decision-making process, as he was a walking pick the year prior.

Much of the “offense” even this year only took off when Dak started bailing pocket and running. But the gimmicks only last so long once defense pick up on them.

A lot of success this year can be owed to the fact they changed the play calling tendencies a lot during the bye so defenses weren’t really ready for it.

The Bills game really exposed them.
How about this Khiladi...which young QB's have the clutch factor and read defenses better than Dak so we can all watch next year?

Can you list the QBs that will outperform? Or do you just hyper focus on Dak? List the QB's that are young that will outperform next year. Or list the second string QB's that should be starting based on their college tape and ability to read defenses. And then tell us how long until they win a SB. Must be within 3 years or they are not a good QB.

Its all fake and the system can design it for you to be right and me wrong....so this doesnt really matter. But...just give us a list of young QB's that will take their team to the SB.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
My point is when you see a contract for 4 years 240 million that doesn’t mean the cap hit is 60 million a year.
Your point was that you can build a team around a QB even if he is paid a lot of money. You gave Hurts as an example.

It was a very bad example.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
With this OL Dak is gonna be lucky to limp outta Dallas at season’s end. He knows this and there’s no way he’s taking less than top dollar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your point was that you can build a team around a QB even if he is paid a lot of money. You gave Hurts as an example.

It was a very bad example.
How are you going to tell me what my point was? How are the points different? Does Hurts not make a lot of money? Did he not sign a 255 million dollar deal?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
With this OL Dak is gonna be lucky to limp outta Dallas at season’s end. He knows this and there’s no way he’s taking less than top dollar.
So...are you suggesting that Dak will sit out and take fines?

I get your point and I agree...but that means Jerry backed himself into a corner or that the FO is saying prove you can carry a bad team so we know the 60M is worth it.

No need for the endless jokes and childish comments about the FO and 28 years yada yada yada.

It seems like Dak is going to be forced to play and pull major weight or sit out and take fines. Or...as a thread theorized...Dallas is trying to get Dak to leave on his own.

Maybe Dallas and Dak have a mutual plan. Dak takes discount and Dallas shores up the cap somehow. I just dont see Dak trying to play 17 NFL games with a bad OLine unless he audibles to a run play on 3rd and longs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Of course you did.

And what I stated was Dalton could easily get the same results as Dak, if not better, with the SAME roster. And he did have a better record that Dak with a more garbage roster, had 4 games against lousy teams, where the team averaged close to 34 PPG, and right on cue, you made the excuse like the rest of the Dak fanboys that the defense won this games..

Not sure you even win that argument either..
no I did not. I questioned some of your comments. of course you being 100% or else, interpret it as defending. the problem is you don't like people questioning your judgement and comments.

and here you go defending Dalton....again because you just can't admit you are wrong. and again you want 100% of blame on Dak. the fact is Dalton Sucked. was never as good as Dak even in cinci, but I know the love you have for anyone that's not Dak so you will defend them to your death.

you lost the argument at "hello". your line of argument never had a chance.

but here we are, you showing up after a bad loss. being loud and vocal. completely. COMPLETELY COMPLETELY disappearing after cowboys wins. why am I not surprised. typical.

BoysWin

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
Less Salary and more incentive. 1/2 the contract should be incentives