My Cowboy plan.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
5Countem5;2518111 said:
Yep----

Just call 1-800-3/4nosetackle

Easy-peasy...

Or simply do some scouting and watch some film. The Cowboys actually have guys who get paid to do that on a regular basis. So, you see, they don't even need a goofy phone number.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2518125 said:
No, but they did have a lot to do with this years draft. Have you taken a look at how that worked out lately?

But they also brought these team-killers in, right?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2518130 said:
Or simply do some scouting and watch some film. The Cowboys actually have guys who get paid to do that on a regular basis. So, you see, they don't even need a goofy phone number.

It's real easy criticize when you don't have to supply specifics, huh?

Just get'r done, right?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
5Countem5;2518153 said:
But they also brought these team-killers in, right?

Yeah, they took a chance that the talent would outweigh the risk.

Tank has basically been a nonfactor but still has a way of constantly running his mouth in the locker room like his a factor.

Pacman, well, why rehash this.

And Owens has been pretty good, for the most part. He was brought in under Parcells, but not by Parcells. He is going to be 36, is dropping more passes every year, is not getting consistent seperation, and has directly or indirectly, depending on who you believe, has created a degree of tension amongst the offense. in short, I think Romo will be a more complete QB if he quits worring about trying to get the ball to Owens enough to keep him happy.

LeeC53

Reaction score
I dis-agree that firing Wade would set us back,,,this team has taken on the deameanor of its head coach,,,it is laid back,,no fire,,,oh well,,,,,type of team that doesn't hurt when it loses and this desparately needs to be changed !!

Wrangler87

Reaction score
5Countem5;2518159 said:
It's real easy criticize when you don't have to supply specifics, huh?

Just get'r done, right?

I don't claim to be a scout. I don't get paid the big bucks to be able to find the best player available at said postion.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2518189 said:
I don't claim to be a scout. I don't get paid the big bucks to be able to find the best player available at said postion.

But your "plan" now revolves around giving people who have damaged the team (signing TO, Pac, Tank) the duty of fixing the team.

Sounds like a bad plan to me...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Wrangler - good post, it's what most cowboy fans or observers (not those living 24/7 on forums) exactly want for the cowboys.

I'd take Marty off the coaching list however and add Bill Belick as #2 to Cowher for the simple reasons both are proven taskmasters and have superbowl trophies. Players can't use the "he never won" angle to disregard these coaches. They can choose their coordinators, not jerry.

When push comes to shove, we must realize what TO & TNEW pointed out, and others just don't publicize. PLAYERS lave less respect for Jason & Wade as coaches than is necessary - one factor is because they never did it. Jason won holding Troy's jockstrap right? Wade loses every playoff game he coaches and last year with our team.

If you had some skins on the wall you can't be questioned by players.

Don Corleone;2517876 said:
Perhaps I'm alone in this thought, but more times than not, firing a head coach sets a franchise back a couple of years. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but just my 2 cents.
set the Falcons back this year right?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
5Countem5;2518194 said:
But your "plan" now revolves around giving people who have damaged the team (signing TO, Pac, Tank) the duty of fixing the team.

Sounds like a bad plan to me...

What other choice do we have? Hopefully they learned their lesson by dealing with these types of players. If you are talking about the scouts, the talent was there. Add to the fact that we had one of the best drafts in the history of the team, at least since Jimmy, and I trust that they can find the players to fill the few holes that we actually need to fill in the offseason.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2517965 said:
Parcells ripped Flo and Romo for their mistakes... It didn't change them.
Jerry handed both LARGE CONTRACTS, and in Romo's case prematurely (not even making him wait out the playoffs).

Jerry totally undercut Tuna in this regard

Wrangler87

Reaction score
chinch;2518216 said:
Jerry handed both LARGE CONTRACTS, and in Romo's case prematurely (not even making him wait out the playoffs).

Jerry totally undercut Tuna in this regard

Parcells is exactly where he should be, as a GM. He hired a good discipline based HC in Sparano. Look how it worked out. We have more talent on one side of the ball then the Dolphins do on the whole team, but they are proving to be the better team thus far. All in one year with Parcells.

You notice I wrote TEAM.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2518232 said:
Parcells is exactly where he should be, as a GM. He hired a good discipline based HC in Sparano. Look how it worked out. We have more talent on one side of the ball then the Dolphins do on the whole team, but they are proving to be the better team thus far. All in one year with Parcells.

You notice I wrote TEAM.
I agree with you 100%.

Tuna would have NO DOUBT taken the GM/Head of Football Operations positions here.

But it wasn't offered (and that won't be offered to anyone until Stephen Jones is owner).