My Day 2 Thoughts!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If I was doing the picking, I would be targeting Linebacker, Defensive Tackle and Running back with these 3 selections. However, I feel that the Cowboys are going to come away with just Jonathan Brooks (trade up) and a new starting Center. They mentioned that they can find a starting Center later on. Even though I did the same in my final mock, it's bad roster building to avoid the defensive side of the football.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Probably right…

I just really hope we don’t double down on OL early and/or not draft another blinking light player.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If I was doing the picking, I would be targeting Linebacker, Defensive Tackle and Running back with these 3 selections. However, I feel that the Cowboys are going to come away with just Jonathan Brooks (trade up) and a new starting Center. They mentioned that they can find a starting Center later on. Even though I did the same in my final mock, it's bad roster building to avoid the defensive side of the football.
Come on now, JJ fixed the defense in free agency by getting an aging LB

visionary

Reaction score
To me DT and C are critical positions and we dont have a legitimate starter at either. Cannot be bad roster building if we get a DT and a C next

TB and LB are important but starters can be (and are) found in rds 4-7. They are also much cheaper positions and teams are likely to release players post draft at these positions much more than DT or C that can start

To me, DT and C should be the next 2 picks if the right player is there

John813

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting day. A center could fall and be BPA.
Dallas could fixate on Brooks.
Linebackers could fall too, and Payton Wilson is that SPARQy athlete that they drool over.

I have a feeling that DT would be pushed to round 3/5 unless someone like Newton falls to our 2nd

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m loading up on defense…

I’m also considering moving up for Newton if he falls a little further.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Locked on Cowboys with Marcus Mosher and Landon McCool podcast
I listen almost every day…I think Mosher has just indicated he thinks Beebe can play C. Not sure anyone else has him pegged there.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Probably right…

I just really hope we don’t double down on OL early and/or not draft another blinking light player.
I listened to the press conference last night, like said they can find another Biaz in this class, this tells me they intend on drafting a starting center. However, we have had this discussion before, the Center class does stretch and they do have an outside chance of even drafting one in the 5th rd, but I am expecting a center tonight, probably more in rd 3.

Smith22

Reaction score
You don't have to sell me on either JPJ or Frazier, much rather trade up for them then adding Brooks in a trade-up.
Keep hearing (draft show) medical questions about JPJ. One thing mentioned on youtube by Will Steele and Voch was concussions.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Keep hearing (draft show) medical questions about JPJ. One thing mentioned on youtube by Will Steele and Voch was concussions.
There were whispers throughout the process about his medicals, question is, is he off their board? if not, when is it worth the risk to draft him?

morasp

Reaction score
If we can come away with two guys from the list I posted I'll be happy.

Smith22

Reaction score
There were whispers throughout the process about his medicals, question is, is he off their board? if not, when is it worth the risk to draft him?
When dallas was close to picking in the 1st, Broadus said Dallas wasn't taking JPJ. Not sure if he meant not in the 1st or off the board.

It is odd though because just like 2 episodes ago on the draft show Broadus said he got good news on JPJ medicals from high level nfl sources....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
When dallas was close to picking in the 1st, Broadus said Dallas wasn't taking JPJ. Not sure if he meant not in the 1st or off the board.

It is odd though because just like 2 episodes ago on the draft show Broadus said he got good news on JPJ medicals from high level nfl sources....
Teams conduct their own investigations, one team may medically clear him, where another might not.