My Day 2 Thoughts!

Smith22

Reaction score
Teams conduct their own investigations, one team may medically clear him, where another might not.
True.

I would love finding a way to grab Cooper at linebacker but I think he goes around the 40-45 range.

Frazier I like as well, but making it to 56 is a tough stretch, especially if JPJ is a medical risk.

gtb1943

Reaction score
This and the news has been all over the place in his medicals
The old saying where there is smoke there is fire might apply but there is so much fake smoke around draft days I just do not know

Bluefin

Reaction score
There were whispers throughout the process about his medicals, question is, is he off their board? if not, when is it worth the risk to draft him?
Draft prospects with medical concerns are often called 'red tag' players.

You should know by now the Joneses both have Protanopia, the inability to see the color red.

Jerry and Stephen love getting talent that drops in round 2 because of injury history and don't care if it bites them in the pooter because they can't be fired.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I listened to the press conference last night, like said they can find another Biaz in this class, this tells me they intend on drafting a starting center. However, we have had this discussion before, the Center class does stretch and they do have an outside chance of even drafting one in the 5th rd, but I am expecting a center tonight, probably more in rd 3.
Yea, I’d prefer round 5 or 6 but they probably will take one earlier.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Draft prospects with medical concerns are often called 'red tag' players.

You should know by now the Joneses both have Protanopia, the inability to see the color red.

Jerry and Stephen love getting talent that drops in round 2 because of injury history and don't care if it bites them in the pooter because they can't be fired.
I am fully aware, they love the value if they can get a player later in the draft. This is why the likes of Wilson, Brooks are in play tonight.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
True.

I would love finding a way to grab Cooper at linebacker but I think he goes around the 40-45 range.

Frazier I like as well, but making it to 56 is a tough stretch, especially if JPJ is a medical risk.
Would love Frazier, but that's more of a pipe dream. Really interested to see if they pass on Wilson/JPJ if they are there at 56.

rambo2

Reaction score
If I was doing the picking, I would be targeting Linebacker, Defensive Tackle and Running back with these 3 selections. However, I feel that the Cowboys are going to come away with just Jonathan Brooks (trade up) and a new starting Center. They mentioned that they can find a starting Center later on. Even though I did the same in my final mock, it's bad roster building to avoid the defensive side of the football.
They have a lot of options. One should be a running back for sure. I think one should be a linebacker. The other one could be defensive tackle, receiver, or center/guard.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I would be very interested in Edge Cooper. Don't know if he will be there, but I'd target him over most others.

Same for DeJean.

Get a good defensive prospect and then go RB and C in 3.

Don't trade up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
To me DT and C are critical positions and we dont have a legitimate starter at either. Cannot be bad roster building if we get a DT and a C next

TB and LB are important but starters can be (and are) found in rds 4-7. They are also much cheaper positions and teams are likely to release players post draft at these positions much more than DT or C that can start

To me, DT and C should be the next 2 picks if the right player is there
Sweat should be there.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
@56 give me Cooper, Wilson or Gray
@73 give me Benson, Wright or Allen
@87 give me Sweat, McKinley, or Maason Smith

One from each list please and I will think it is a very good day.

Hoping at 174 either Bortolini or the Arkansas C has dropped to there.