My Day 2 Thoughts!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
@56 give me Cooper, Wilson or Gray
@73 give me Benson, Wright or Allen
@87 give me Sweat, McKinley, or Maason Smith

One from each list please and I will think it is a very good day.

Hoping at 174 either Bortolini or the Arkansas C has dropped to there.
I agree LB, RB, DT

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I was doing the picking, I would be targeting Linebacker, Defensive Tackle and Running back with these 3 selections. However, I feel that the Cowboys are going to come away with just Jonathan Brooks (trade up) and a new starting Center. They mentioned that they can find a starting Center later on. Even though I did the same in my final mock, it's bad roster building to avoid the defensive side of the football.
Brooks projects to be the best back in this draft, but for us I think its smart to pass at 54 even if he is there. Newton wont be there, but I think Orhorhoro, Maason Smith or Edgerine Cooper should he the targets at 56. Orhorhoro has a ton on upside, and I think is a better player than his 2023. I know how you feel about Cooper lol

73 could be a good spot for a HB. I expect at least two of Benson, Wright and Lloyd to be there. Walk in lead backs.

87, Id love to take advantage of a deep day 2 at WR and maybe come away with Corley or Walker who are both probably talented enough to be 2nd rounders

I think you do this, you get a quality defender at a need spot and some juice at the skill positions that probably need it

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Brooks projects to be the best back in this draft, but for us I think its smart to pass at 54 even if he is there. Newton wont be there, but I think Orhorhoro, Maason Smith or Edgerine Cooper should he the targets at 56. Orhorhoro has a ton on upside, and I think is a better player than his 2023. I know how you feel about Cooper lol

73 could be a good spot for a HB. I expect at least two of Benson, Wright and Lloyd to be there. Walk in lead backs.

87, Id love to take advantage of a deep day 2 at WR and maybe come away with Corley or Walker who are both probably talented enough to be 2nd rounders

I think you do this, you get a quality defender at a need spot and some juice at the skill positions that probably need it
No issue for taking a defensive tackle tonight.

Still wouldn't mind even another trade down to add a 4th rd pick tomorrow as there could be real good value that falls to day 3.

LB-Cooper, Wilson, Colson, Wallace
RB-Brooks, Benson, Wright

The question is for both positions, can they wait until day 3 to address?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No issue for taking a defensive tackle tonight.

Still wouldn't mind even another trade down to add a 4th rd pick tomorrow as there could be real good value that falls to day 3.

LB-Cooper, Wilson, Colson, Wallace
RB-Brooks, Benson, Wright

The question is for both positions, can they wait until day 3 to address?
Problem is our 1st day 3 pick is in the abyss. Draft is supposed to be historically thin after the 4th. Nagy was making it sound like teams were basically going to be signing their priority UDFA's in the 5th. Any needs they want to lock down in the draft, they are gonna need to do it by the 4th. So, ya, another trade down to secure a 4th is sound

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Problem is our 1st day 3 pick is in the abyss. Draft is supposed to be historically thin after the 4th. Nagy was making it sound like teams were basically going to be signing their priority UDFA's in the 5th. Any needs they want to lock down in the draft, they are gonna need to do it by the 4th. So, ya, another trade down to secure a 4th is sound
I think on day 3 you can find a good depth linebacker who can play special teams that you can develop, as for running back, could find a rotational type to add to the room. It looks like they are bringing Zeke back to act as a mentor, not sure what type of role he is going to have.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If I was doing the picking, I would be targeting Linebacker, Defensive Tackle and Running back with these 3 selections. However, I feel that the Cowboys are going to come away with just Jonathan Brooks (trade up) and a new starting Center. They mentioned that they can find a starting Center later on. Even though I did the same in my final mock, it's bad roster building to avoid the defensive side of the football.
I hope they trade back in the 3rd and get a fourth. I think Sweat can be had in the 4th round. Sounds like you think they will trade the second third to get Brooks?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hope they trade back in the 3rd and get a fourth. I think Sweat can be had in the 4th round. Sounds like you think they will trade the second third to get Brooks?
I'm not sure if they trade up for Brooks. I would like to add a 4th, but heard several teams have taken Sweat off their boards.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they trade up for Brooks. I would like to add a 4th, but heard several teams have taken Sweat off their boards.
Sweat and his issues are worth a 4th round flyer. He could be our 2nd best defensive tackle if we got him.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This draft is short on defensive talent. That’s why I think Newton (the apple of my eye), Fisk, Cooper and Wilson will probably be off the board by the time we pick in round 2. I also would not be surprised if Brooks doesn’t make it to us. Lot of talk that the Giants like him.