My Draft Grades for NFCE Teams

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The entire system is based on my draft rankings being 100% perfect.

If they draft the Best Player Available based on my draft board, then that pick gets and A+++.

If they ever make the moronic decision to bypass the top available player on my board, then they get an F- on that pick.

Summary: NFL professionals are judged based on how much they deviate from my rankings, because I know that my rankings are perfect.

The draft media uses a very similar system to mine. All draft grades are based on how much the team deviated from that person's draft rankings.

Note: I remove my rankings from being visible on the internet immediately after the draft because I can't take that chance of my rankings being compared to how players actually play in the NFL. This is about me grading NFL teams...Not about my rankings getting graded!

Grades:
A+++ Cowboys
F- Eagles (I removed Jalen Carter from my board for character reasons).
F- NYG (They drafted the CB Banks when my highest graded player Mazi Smith was available).
F- Commanders (They drafted CB Emmanuel Forbes when my highest graded player Mazi Smith was available).

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s funny I think some of our fans would give our draft an A+++ no matter who we drafted.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

If they draft the Best Player Available based on my draft board, then that pick gets and A+++.

If they ever make the moronic decision to bypass the top available player on my board, then they get an F- on that pick.

Summary: NFL professionals are judged based on how much they deviate from my rankings, because I know that my rankings are perfect.

The draft media uses a very similar system to mine. All draft grades are based on how much the team deviated from that person's draft rankings.

Note: I remove my rankings from being visible on the internet immediately after the draft because I can't take that chance of my rankings being compared to how players actually play in the NFL. This is about me grading NFL teams...Not about my rankings getting graded!

Grades:
A+++ Cowboys
F- NYG (They drafted the CB Banks when my highest graded player Mazi Smith was available).
F- Commanders (They drafted CB Emmanuel Forbes when my highest graded player Mazi Smith was available).
As ridiculous as this sounds… it is essentially what guys giving out grades on the Internet are doing.

They have no other criteria to rate it on other than who they thought would be good and who wouldn’t. Therefore, if their rankings are not good, then their grades will be way off.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Grades:
A+++ Cowboys
What kept us from five +? Schoonmaker?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Grades:
A+++ Cowboys
What kept us from five +? Schoonmaker?
Im just trying to turn this into a Schoonmaker thread

morasp

Reaction score
My draft Grade B
Pick 17 Cee Dee Lamb A+ starter
Pick 51 Trevon Diggs A+starter
Pick 82 Neville Gallimore Solid rotational player
Pick 123 Reggie Robinson Swing and a miss
Pick 146 Tyler Biadasz Plus starter
Pick 179 Bradlee Anae Swing and a miss
Pick 231 Ben DiNucci Swing and a miss

cnuball21

Reaction score
My draft Grade B
I’d argue this was our best draft from the past 5 years or so.

Is it coincidence that this draft leaned more BPA than any draft we’ve had in that time frame? Weird.

morasp

Reaction score
I’d argue this was our best draft from the past 5 years or so.

Is it coincidence that this draft leaned more BPA than any draft we’ve had in that time frame? Weird.
Great draft. I always say give them three years so I decided to check it out. Having four players still seeing the field after three years should be the goal.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
My draft Grade B
With the selection of Two-Down Smith, Gallimore is now expendable. Spent most of last season in the dog-house and will have to show something to stick around.
Man, Reggie Robinson is one of my personal "Swing and a miss" players. Thought he was good value when selected.
Biadasz...I kind of see him as serviceable but I guess that may be befitting of a 146 selection.
This year we decided to draft Anae Jr. 50 picks before Sr. was selected.

Overall, this draft was a "C" with a max. potential of a "B". Nothing wrong with it but it ain't gonna knock your socks off.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Was a healthy scratch more than once last year and is likely to be let go this year.

He was the same, stubborn grasp at a "twitchy" 3-Tech that Trysten Hill was. The team was mesmerized by a quick first step, but ignored obvious red flags of awful gap integrity and discipline, as well as dangerously low FBI. This was all leftover from the impression (obsession) they inherited from Rod Marinelli. Mazi is a nice shift in philosophy from that stubborn and outdated thinking.

They drafted similar 3Tech types with early picks in three straight years with Hill (58th in 2019), Gallimore (82nd in 2020), before finally getting it right with Osa Odighizuwa (75th in 2021).

Lamb, Diggs, and Biadasz make that a great overall draft through. Lamb and Diggs were both gifts, since neither was expected to be available at where they were drafted. Biadasz was a win for the scouts and front office, trading two 5th round picks to the hated Eagles to get him at 146.

Hindsight draft:
3(82) Julian Blackmon (Safety, Utah) over Gallimore - 31 games started for the Colts, 3 interceptions
4(123) L'Jarius Sneed (Cornerback, Louisiana Tech) over Reggie Robinson - 38 games started for the Chiefs, 6.5 sacks, 8 interceptions
5(179) Michael Onwenu (Guard, Michigan) over Bradlee Anae - 41 games started for the Patriots
7(231) Terrence Steele (Tackle, Texas Tech) over Ben DiNucci - 40 games started for the Cowboys
^ this is not a criticism of the FO, just a best-case scenario or "what if"

morasp

Reaction score
With the selection of Two-Down Smith, Gallimore is now expendable. Spent most of last season in the dog-house and will have to show something to stick around.
Man, Reggie Robinson is one of my personal "Swing and a miss" players. Thought he was good value when selected.
Biadasz...I kind of see him as serviceable but I guess that may be befitting of a 146 selection.
This year we decided to draft Anae Jr. 50 picks before Sr. was selected.

Overall, this draft was a "C" with a max. potential of a "B". Nothing wrong with it but it ain't gonna knock your socks off.
I never liked the pick but for now Gallimore is still there and in the rotation.
I give this year a B+ with the expectation of at least four of the eight still here in three years. The added three pass catchers but I wish one of them was a WR earlier.

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
Was a healthy scratch more than once last year and is likely to be let go this year.

He was the same, stubborn grasp at a "twitchy" 3-Tech that Trysten Hill was. The team was mesmerized by a quick first step, but ignored obvious red flags of awful gap integrity and discipline, as well as dangerously low FBI. This was all leftover from the impression (obsession) they inherited from Rod Marinelli. Mazi is a nice shift in philosophy from that stubborn and outdated thinking.

They drafted similar 3Tech types with early picks in three straight years with Hill (58th in 2019), Gallimore (82nd in 2020), before finally getting it right with Osa Odighizuwa (75th in 2021).

Lamb, Diggs, and Biadasz make that a great overall draft through. Lamb and Diggs were both gifts, since neither was expected to be available at where they were drafted. Biadasz was a win for the scouts and front office, trading two 5th round picks to the hated Eagles to get him at 146.

Hindsight draft:
3(82) Julian Blackmon (Safety, Utah) over Gallimore - 31 games started for the Colts, 3 interceptions
4(123) L'Jarius Sneed (Cornerback, Louisiana Tech) over Reggie Robinson - 38 games started for the Chiefs, 6.5 sacks, 8 interceptions
5(179) Michael Onwenu (Guard, Michigan) over Bradlee Anae - 41 games started for the Patriots
7(231) Terrence Steele (Tackle, Texas Tech) over Ben DiNucci - 40 games started for the Cowboys
^ this is not a criticism of the FO, just a best-case scenario or "what if"
I thought the pick was a reach and he may get cut but for now he's still playing in the rotation. The patriots got really good value with Onwenu.

Last edited: