My draft ramblings....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting list RS...

I'm kind of surprised you have Lawrence at #25 but Crichton, who many consider to be a better prospect isn't on the list of top 50.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Yeah. Not so much a stance against weed. Just the fact that he was stupid enough to do it right now.

I had Jernigan 11th overall before that report came out.

You knew it wold happen to someone, 10 someones in this year. Timmah is the highest rated and the one who will likely suffer the most and drop the most in the raft as well. Still...@47? TIMMAHH!

RS12

Reaction score
Listening to McShay on the Herd. Said TB was the only team he could not get a read on in the top 10. His opinion was that if JFB got by them, good chance he was there at 16. Also said JFB was the top player on the Cowboys board. FWIW.

Gaede

Reaction score
Listening to McShay on the Herd. Said TB was the only team he could not get a read on in the top 10. His opinion was that if JFB got by them, good chance he was there at 16. Also said JFB was the top player on the Cowboys board. FWIW.

I just don't see the interest in QBs this year in the top 10. There are too many top talents that teams being honest to their board will forgo the lesser ranked QBs. Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, Watkins, Evans. All elite prospects that should come off the board before a QB does.

Vikings and TB are the only teams I see going QB. But both coaches are defensive guys and would probably love to have Donald or Barr.

I absolutely think there will be one top QB prospect at our pick.

If Minny drafts a QB, I see Teddy or Bortles.

Which means you know who will be around our pick.

My original prediction when the draft started was that somehow, someway, Manziel would be a Cowboy. I am extremely intrigued by the possibility of this actually being right lol.

RS12

Reaction score
I just don't see the interest in QBs this year in the top 10. There are too many top talents that teams being honest to their board will forgo the lesser ranked QBs. Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, Watkins, Evans. All elite prospects that should come off the board before a QB does.

Vikings and TB are the only teams I see going QB. But both coaches are defensive guys and would probably love to have Donald or Barr.

I absolutely think there will be one top QB prospect at our pick.

If Minny drafts a QB, I see Teddy or Bortles.

Which means you know who will be around our pick.

My original prediction when the draft started was that somehow, someway, Manziel would be a Cowboy. I am extremely intrigued by the possibility of this actually being right lol.

Fan zone has a post about Romo's back per Babe Laughenberg. Says there are concerns about him holding up for a full season. Good thing Jerry fell over himself to give Romo that extension early, right?

Smith22

Reaction score
Fan zone has a post about Romo's back per Babe Laughenberg. Says there are concerns about him holding up for a full season. Good thing Jerry fell over himself to give Romo that extension early, right?

If they go QB early, it would be a huge sign that his back is worse than we know. I hope that isn't the case.

Gaede

Reaction score

I saw that. If this came from an outsider, I'd dismiss

But coming from Babe is another story.

I'm wary too of Romo. But then again, I also thought Manning would never return

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I appreciate your effort, but the last thing we need is small school projects, who need a year of S&C at the NFL level, and might have something. There are too many needs on this team to be selecting projects. Select players from the bigger confernecs who have played and done it in the biggest stages. Too often this team outsmarts itself with the AOA's and Arkins who never pan out.

rbr651

Reaction score
I saw that. If this came from an outsider, I'd dismiss

But coming from Babe is another story.

I'm wary too of Romo. But then again, I also thought Manning would never return

There's a huge difference when you're talking about the lumbar spine vs cervical, the neck heals so much better and carries alot less weight/pressure. The most difficult position on a team to fill is the QB, we already know that Romo will not play past his current contract and likely will not reach the end of it. If you have a shot at drafting a franchise QB you take it, you don't know what will be available when in the draft a year or two down the road when it's a must draft. If the Cowboys do in fact have Manziel at the top of their board you have to take him if he's there, or you have to get a hell of a lot more than a 3rd/4th to trade down to the bottom of the draft.