My draft review

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't really like Pollard as a player, but I think he definitely fills a need.

We went into the draft with literally one RB on the roster. On top of that, we were so desperate for a gadget guy last year that we were feeding Jourdan Lewis snaps on offense. On top of that, we had just lost our PR in free agency. Tavon has shown some serious PR skills, but he's also a habitual fumbler and is injury prone. The Seattle game may have changed some minds, but the team may want a safer pair of hands a la Beasley.

So all of those roles are individually pretty small, but cobble them together and you get a decent amount of usage. There's maybe 1 fieldable kickoff per game, 2 fieldable punts a game if Pollard gets that job, 1 gadget play, and 2 carries a game in the Rod Smith breather role. Add it up and that's about 96 touches over the course of a season; it's a decent sized hole that needs to be filled.

And the part that people are missing is that you can get Pollard those ~100 touches without affecting Zeke's workload in any way.

So Pollard's not here to take touches away from Zeke; there's enough snaps for him to return a late 4th's worth of value without cutting in to Elliott's snap count. He's more of an attempt to find a non-******* version of Ryan Switzer.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tavon Austin has never been a fumbler. He had an issue with muffing punts because of a cast after he broke his wrist.