My Draft Thoughts

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The need for offensive skill players is why I try to trade up for Bijan Robinson should he fall to the mid teens. No player in this draft will set this offense over the top than him.
If Dallas ends up with Gibbs it’s still a absolute homerun of a pick.

He can change games.

A guard or Michael Mayer isn’t changing the outcome of that 9er game.

A guy like Gibbs potentially could have when Dak starts to Dak.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The need for offensive skill players is why I try to trade up for Bijan Robinson should he fall to the mid teens. No player in this draft will set this offense over the top than him.
Trade the next 10 first round picks to trade up to #1 overall and draft Bijan.

They'll save a ton on the salary cap because they can use rookie UDFAs at the other 10 offensive positions.

He can probably play defense also...Move over Micah Parsons...

Hardline

Reaction score

They'll save a ton on the salary cap because they can use rookie UDFAs at the other 10 offensive positions.

I wouldn't want you within a 100 miles of my draft room .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you check the trade chart you'll be embarrassed.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I wanted to mix it up with people on Darnell Washington. I know he's got his fans seduced by the potential.
Hey, I don't disagree that it's an unusual valuation for a proven blocking TE but an unproven receiving TE. It all comes down to how much you value \ believe that the blocking alone could change your offensive identity.

I have asked this question all off season, not sure if anyone has answered. "Are you planning to be a physical, run oriented team as was indicated early in the offseason by the head coach?" If so, then I think it's appropriate to value Washington higher than some other teams might.

If we are still going to put the ball in #4's hands and expect him to set the tone, then he still has value but less than above. Wingspan alone makes him quite valuable.

I don't want to spend #26 on him but I would love to find a way to get him on the team.

Aven8

Reaction score
I've learned over the years not to get devoted to any player as you just set yourself up for disappointment. I just want to see logic in the picks we make but I will feel a little bummed when we don't take Gibbs.

That dude is a nightmare to defend. Prescott could be doing his Prescott stuff and it won't matter because Gibbs just took a panic dump off pass 80 yards for a TD.
Same. Somehow the Cowboys generally luck out in the 1st. Dez and Lamb falling. Parsons with a trade back. So hopefully this comes to fruition.

And you’re right about Gibbs. Get this kid and we don’t have to worry about drafting another WR this year. He’s instant dynamic offense. Can you even imagine a DC trying to stop TP and Gibbs? Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hey, I don't disagree that it's an unusual valuation for a proven blocking TE but an unproven receiving TE. It all comes down to how much you value \ believe that the blocking alone could change your offensive identity.

I have asked this question all off season, not sure if anyone has answered. "Are you planning to be a physical, run oriented team as was indicated early in the offseason by the head coach?" If so, then I think it's appropriate to value Washington higher than some other teams might.

If we are still going to put the ball in #4's hands and expect him to set the tone, then he still has value but less than above. Wingspan alone makes him quite valuable.

I don't want to spend #26 on him but I would love to find a way to get him on the team.

After looking at all these TEs.. Luke Musgrave just screams best value with upside.

You get a weapon like that in the 2nd round? Yes please.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I’m beginning to believe in this draft a first round slight trade down and a tree back up in the second is reasonable to think about. Particularly Gibbs scenario

McKDaddy

Reaction score
After looking at all these TEs.. Luke Musgrave just screams best value with upside.

You get a weapon like that in the 2nd round? Yes please.
I haven't studied him at all so I have no idea relative to the other guys. If we get him, hopefully you are right!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’d love to do something like that. Get a combination of a top guard/TE/RB with those two picks.
There’s a chance Dan Quinn absolutely hates our draft but if you think about it the FA money was kinda used on defense to bring guys back + Gilmore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a chance Dan Quinn absolutely hates our draft but if you think about it the FA money was kinda used on defense to bring guys back + Gilmore.
Agreed. And I think they’ve treated Quinn pretty well when it comes to our past few drafts. He’s gotten several of his pet cats in Sam Williams last year and Nahshon Wright the year before among several others.

Other than the defensive line, I think the defense is stocked pretty well, at least for this year.

Offense needs the help more in my opinion given its losses at starting TE and Guard.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I was going to give you a like but you seem to be getting a little needy. I’m starting to get a Gen Z vibe.

I like your mock. If Pollard & Gibbs are used properly, they could carry some of the receiving load.

I also like Kraft but if 1 of the higher regarded guard prospects like Avila, Tippmann, Bergeron, Mauch are available at 58, I would go that route as I think OL could go south in the near future if we don’t start planning.