My dreams of drafting DJ Moore shattered

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
he Allen Hurns contract included a $2.5M signing bonus, which is absolutely guaranteed, as it's already been paid.

Yeah, now Sportrac shows that, but when I looked at it previously it didn't show any bonus. Guess it wasn't complete at the time they did it...

DFWJC

Reaction score
No one expects him to be there in the 2nd.
I think you're right if you mean all the way to 50.

Not that mocks are at all the bottom line....but I've looked at over 85 recent (within 1-2 weeks) mock drafts, and as of now, about 38% now have him sneaking into the 1st round--mostly in the 25-32 range.
Of the mocks going more than one round, most of them have Moore going before 50...though a few have him in the 3rd.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No one expects him to be there in the 2nd.

No one? Well, let's see:

Per Walter Football: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Height: 6-0. Weight: 210. Arm: 31.63. Hand: 9.
40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2018): 2-3.

Per Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 2

Scouting Report: D.J. Moore
2018 NFL Mock Draft
DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Maryland Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 5-10 Weight: 215 lbs Projected Draft Round: 2-4

So there's indications out there that he would be there in the second.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I think you're right if you mean all the way to 50.

Not that mocks are at all the bottom line....but I've looked at over 85 recent (within 1-2 weeks) mock drafts, and as of now, about 38% now have him sneaking into the 1st round--mostly in the 25-32 range.
Of the mocks going more than one round, most of them have Moore going before 50...though a few have him in the 3rd.
He won’t make it pass the eagles.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I truly believe he won't make it past Philly.

Eagles have Jeffrey, Wallace and Agholor. Also have 7 other wide receivers on the roster. Don't see that they will draft a wide receiver, even in the second round. With Ertz their receiver corps is pretty good, think they will go heavy on defense in the first couple of rounds of the draft...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like DJ Moore, but not in round one. He’s good, but IMO, too many have him overrated. I see him as an NFL starter but not a star. Wouldn’t mind having him here but he’s in no way the key to playoff success.

We need some impact defensive help way more than we need DJ Moore. WRs are much easier to find than star defenders.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I like DJ Moore, but not in round one. He’s good, but IMO, too many have him overrated. I see him as an NFL starter but not a star. Wouldn’t mind having him here but he’s in no way the key to playoff success.

We need some impact defensive help way more than we need DJ Moore. WRs are much easier to find than star defenders.

Also need offensive line help more than wide receiver...

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score

He ran faster than Odell beckham and he outweighs him by 11 pounds.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He ran faster than Odell beckham and he outweighs him by 11 pounds.
Not trying to be difficult here...but are you saying because DJ Moore is 1/100th of a second faster and 11 LBs heavier, he’s a can’t miss player, better than OBJ?

jay94

Reaction score
I'm happy with Thompson and Hurns Signings. We have major needs elsewhere

We can easily get rid of Dez and Williams next year because of the money if they don't contribute up to standards, it's the perfect time to get a young receiver that can develop into starting roll next year.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Not trying to be difficult here...but are you saying because DJ Moore is 1/100th of a second faster and 11 LBs heavier, he’s a can’t miss player, better than OBJ?
No
I like the player anyway, the numbers are just extra

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Most said Frederick shouldn't be drafted until the 3rd round.
I wouldn't be mad with Ridley, but I'd take the younger(21) bigger(210) faster more physical player.