CFZ My early impressions from the game against the Patriots

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Firstly, I have to admit I saw very little of the first half and only the full 4th quarter. This is because I was in hospital due to a personal accident that I had (not car related) on Friday that I had to get checked today. That said, I was able to see some of the first half on my mobile while waiting for the doctors. So, I'll share my thoughts of the parts that I did see.

Firstly, Chuma did well at Lt. I see why the coaches put him there. This was much better from him today. Well done to him.

Secondly, Bland had a fantastic game. He's not Diggs, but he was impressive. I did see his pick 6. What a read he made, and he is quick!!! Very quick!!

Thirdly, the redzone offense wasn't great, but it did get a TD inside the 5. Plus, we did have a TD from the 20 yard line, so I guess that counts as a redzone TD lol. I was thrilled to see them use Luepke. This is what I was wanting them to do!! Good things happen when you use your FB inside the 5.

Fourth, this was much better from the team! They absolutely took Belichick to the woodshed. Well done to them! And well done to Mike McCarthy for handing Belichick his largest defeat as a HC. That's amazing when you think about it.

All in all, from what I saw, we looked better. There are a few things to tidy up, but that's the case after every game. The important thing is that we are 3-1, we didn't seem to lose anyone major, and it was a convincing win over a team and coach that can be difficult to prepare to compete against. Well done to the Cowboys!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Firstly, I have to admit I saw very little of the first half and only the full 4th quarter. This is because I was in hospital due to a personal accident that I had (not car related) on Friday that I had to get checked today. That said, I was able to see some of the first half on my mobile while waiting for the doctors. So, I'll share my thoughts of the parts that I did see.

Firstly, Chuma did well at Lt. I see why the coaches put him there. This was much better from him today. Well done to him.

Secondly, Bland had a fantastic game. He's not Diggs, but he was impressive. I did see his pick 6. What a read he made, and he is quick!!! Very quick!!

Thirdly, the redzone offense wasn't great, but it did get a TD inside the 5. Plus, we did have a TD from the 20 yard line, so I guess that counts as a redzone TD lol. I was thrilled to see them use Luepke. This is what I was wanting them to do!! Good things happen when you use your FB inside the 5.

Fourth, this was much better from the team! They absolutely took Belichick to the woodshed. Well done to them! And well done to Mike McCarthy for handing Belichick his largest defeat as a HC. That's amazing when you think about it.

All in all, from what I saw, we looked better. There are a few things to tidy up, but that's the case after every game. The important thing is that we are 3-1, we didn't seem to lose anyone major, and it was a convincing win over a team and coach that can be difficult to prepare to compete against. Well done to the Cowboys!
Hope that all checked out well!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Defense balled out allowing the offense to be mediocre.. I think we need to get a lot better spreading the field and red zone scoring.

I think the offense was fine, at least the parts I saw. If we can start using Luepke more, that'd be brilliant.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am sure Luepke is the answer to every Cowboys problem, real or imagined.

I dunno about that, but it was important that we use the FB when we are in short near the goal line. I'd like to see us use more things, but this was a key start. It shows us something that works for us in that area, and I thought it would with what Mike would do with Jon Kuhn.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Defense balled out allowing the offense to be mediocre.. I think we need to get a lot better spreading the field and red zone scoring.
That happend only because offense scored 10 points in 2 possessions, our D when we have a lead is very lethal. Combined with Mac Jones poor play it played right into Quinn/ Mac’s hands.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hopefully nothing serious on your accident. Best regards on that.

They like Tyler Smith inside against DT because he is freakishly strong. Also they don't want to yo-yo him back and forth between OG and OT if they can avoid it.

They think Tyron will be back next week. Worst case he misses 2 more games and returns after the Bye week.

Edoga looked good from what I saw but I have not reviewed the game yet.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hopefully nothing serious on your accident. Best regards on that.

They like Tyler Smith inside against DT because he is freakishly strong. Also they don't want to yo-yo him back and forth between OG and OT if they can avoid it.

They think Tyron will be back next week. Worst case he misses 2 more games and returns after the Bye week.

Edoga looked good from what I saw but I have not reviewed the game yet.

I can see why. He's good in the LG spot. And thank you very much. Basically, the injury that I figured that I have was confirmed. But, there's no other damage besides it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Prayers for you sir.

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It appears that Bland is now leading the league in INTs for the period of time since he was drafted with 8 total.

CBs Bland and Gilmore are both high effort players in run defense.

Crushed Brady in his final game last season now Belichick...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hard to really know about.the defense from today because Mac Jones sucks. The Pats QB that played the 4th quarter was better.