CFZ My early impressions from the game against the Patriots

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hendershot has just regressed and that's why he's on the bench not only does he drop passes he doesn't seem to be like focusing on his other jobs at the line and yes it looks like he's gonna lose his job and then we have schoonmaker dropping passes so right now Ferguson is the man.. Schoonmaker is a rookie it's early on and I think he's gonna be fine so yes McKinnon is now taking his job from hendershot and hendershots gonna have to fight his way back because he's already in the doghouse with the coaches and this is happening in training camp as well we've seen this coming you just never seen the guy flash he he never has been talked about..
Herdershot has regressed from what exactly? You guys saw one or two nice plays and thought that was doing something.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Can we stop parroting narratives that are not true that nearly had 500 yards of offense move the ball at will nothing mediocre about it and who cares about the red zone when you're scoring points from other places including field goals they all count.../

seriously it's like you go around and listen to other people talk and then bring it in here as if we don't know how to have our own opinion on what just went down which are facts not opinions the offense moved the ball on the patriots genius defense like a hot night through butter...

Yes we need to work on scoring more in the red zone but you know that five different ways we have not scored in the red zone three were drop passes one was taken back because of penalty and the other one would have been a touchdown last week if not for Michael Gallup being mugged a flag being dropped and then picked up or we would have had the ball at the one we are moving the ball into the red zone and the plays that are being called are being called properly and that we are just a fingernail away from turning this around and yet we are the third most for the fourth most scoring team in the NFL right now we have more than doubled our point output from the first four games last year to the first four games this year so what's the problem you guys need a narrative you need to move the goal post you need to cry about something correct??

So now there's no turnovers or interceptions to cry about let's talk about red zone because that's the new keyword to just put on every post everywhere about the Cowboys it gets sickening it's old and our point differential is ridiculous have you seen our net points??​
Have you seen that were three and one tell me how many more teams that are better than us oh that would be two right undefeated teams with the Eagles who have struggled in just about every one of their games and the 49ers that's it,.. So red zone let's get that word out your mouth and let's put in there three and one and we've been destroying teams and we had one bad game because we're missing 4 pro bowlers and three on the line it had the refs against us all day​
that's a fact we're playing great you couldn't have asked for a better start to the season we are playing like we could be an undefeated team we just had some bad luck on the road against Arizona with injuries and penalties that's it that's a fact outside of that we're destroying teams why is it that The Jets beat the bills and that the chiefs struggled with The Jets who by the way Mr. Superman at quarterback threw two interceptions and took a safety..​
Oh but The Jets team is trash they can't beat anyone they can't play they can't do anything oh I think they can do anything and the Cowboys are that good and people wanna overlook it they call everyone we play trash because we absolutely took their souls away...​
Now again stop the word red zone we don't need to hear about it because it hasn't cost us a game yet...​
We have so much time to just have that thing self correct that's right there is no big problems that I see in the red zone outside of some bad luck with dropped passes and some flags we will get it right I mean there was also about four plays yesterday where the pass rusher had a free run and the quarterback that messed up the play we just need to fix a few things that's it it's a brand new offense​
3-1 anything else??​
Lotta words.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lotta words.
Do I need to draw you a map I mean do you need only memes I mean do I need to have pictographs for you to understand anything because that's what we're in here for it's called debating if you don't like it too bad..

By the way proper English is,

it's a lot of words.. I get it though you just can't handle anything unless it's it has color by numbers I got it whatever go away..

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Do I need to draw you a map I mean do you need only memes I mean do I need to have pictographs for you to understand anything because that's what we're in here for it's called debating if you don't like it too bad..

By the way proper English is,

it's a lot of words.. I get it though you just can't handle anything unless it's it has color by numbers I got it whatever go away.
Whatever dude, you need to get back on your meds. Offenses are meant to score points and movement between the 20's without scoring means nothing. End of day, our defense has been winning games, not the offense. The one game the D played badly we got beat and the O was pathetic. It's not that hard to see what is happening once you take of the rose tinted sunglasses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whatever dude, you need to get back on your meds. Offenses are meant to score points and movement between the 20's without scoring means nothing. End of day, our defense has been winning games, not the offense. The one game the D played badly we got beat and the O was pathetic. It's not that hard to see what is happening once you take of the rose tinted sunglasses.
Is that the best thing you can come up with three in one means everything scoring 108 points means everything we are one of the top scoring offenses whether it's field goals or scoring outside the red zone it doesn't matter so you can take your steamed bifocals and go somewhere else because I'm not listening to it I mean your name is pathetic I'm thinking you have moist mayonnaise on your glasses and that's what you're looking at because you sure are Mr. Magoo when it comes to watching games and understanding where we're at no the defense hasn't been winning the games the defense has been helping all three phases have been winning the games and that's why you are off my feed, I found somebody else to ignore.. I don't debate football with someone who actually just brings up stuff that's not even there you're actually making stuff up we literally are scoring plenty of scoring in the offense is not pathetic you're pathetic when you can move the ball between the 20s and you can score from outside the 20 and you can kick field goals it's all reciprocal the team is working together like a well oiled machine right now we have not needed excessive amounts of scoring from the offense the only time the offense actually looked the worst missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman on the road when the defense looked terrible and the flags were landing on the ground that's it that was a team loss just like these three wins or team wins..

Seriously the offense has been scoring points plenty of them and the defense doesn't play well in Arizona where were they are are you giving them a pass for that terrible game???!!​
I mean garbage output how about last year how many 200 yard rushing games did they give up last year and also blew two leads in Jacksonville and GB, also gave up over 30 many times..​
I mean you act like this isn't a team game they ebb and flow together we have won these three games in all three phases because if the O wasn't scoring then I guess we'd be winning 10 to nothing then we would only have 10 points or whatever the points they happen to score was it yesterday 14 did we win this game 14 to 3????? or do we win this game 38 to three because in your mindset if it's only the defense then the offense hasn't moved the ball helped with time of possession kept the defense off the field you know how that works??​
because I don't believe you do​
because you think Kellen Moore with his pass happy let's score on every drive no matter the down distance or situational football he wanted to put up points and that's all you see is a lack of red zone scoring when we're all actually our scoring offense defense special teams are working together perfectly in the three wins and they did not work perfectly no one showed up to play in the loss it's that easy...​

TEAM WINS=3 ;TEAM LOSS=1

FACT

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense balled out allowing the offense to be mediocre.. I think we need to get a lot better spreading the field and red zone scoring.
Did you look at the final stats?
Offense looked pretty dang good. The issues was settling for FG's, not TD's. That can be fixed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hendershot has just regressed and that's why he's on the bench not only does he drop passes he doesn't seem to be like focusing on his other jobs at the line and yes it looks like he's gonna lose his job and then we have schoonmaker dropping passes so right now Ferguson is the man.. Schoonmaker is a rookie it's early on and I think he's gonna be fine so yes McKinnon is now taking his job from hendershot and hendershots gonna have to fight his way back because he's already in the doghouse with the coaches and this is happening in training camp as well we've seen this coming you just never seen the guy flash he he never has been talked about..

Well, yes, and I'm also aware we can only call up McKeon 2 more times this season before he becomes an active part of the 53. So, my point in saying this is I am curious if McKeon might end up replacing Hendershot.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You must have missed the entire game. Chuma was terrible yet again. The guy is a huge liability.

Leupke got stuffed on one redzone carry like everybody else has. The TD he went in untouched. Any of our backs could have walked in.

Sure, but it looked really good on the TD from Luepke. So, I'm curious if we might have something to work with there, which I thought we might.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
one play?

Was he not playing LT and they ran to the right?
True, honestly, I enjoyed what I watched, but I've really been feeling poorly for a few days. Maybe they need to have a new person at Lt, but, the bits I saw when i waa able to watch, he was better than last week.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Think I saw a tweet that said Bill Belichick's record as a coach without Tom Brady is now 44-46.

But he's still a top defensive mind so for the Cowboys to do what they did yesterday was super impressive.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
True, honestly, I enjoyed what I watched, but I've really been feeling poorly for a few days. Maybe they need to have a new person at Lt, but, the bits I saw when i waa able to watch, he was better than last week.
Edoga was better this week. Really had one missed assignment on a red zone trip that led to a sack and probably cost a TD.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, yes, and I'm also aware we can only call up McKeon 2 more times this season before he becomes an active part of the 53. So, my point in saying this is I am curious if McKeon might end up replacing Hendershot.
Replacements a wide open word temporarily yes hendershot 's gonna have to fight his way back onto this roster. And this story he's not gonna be cut from this team but the man seems probably on motivated maybe he's upset because he's not getting handed the starting job but he seems like one of those players that needs to be coddled and needs things to be given to him instead of working hard for it because look at what happened in training camp we never really heard his name in the preseason never really heard his name seeming to me I think the coaches don't like this kid not because of his lack of talent there might be something wrong with his motivation his drive his attitude the way he practices because it doesn't look like he is making any steps from last year till now and I think he might be in the doghouse..

You do not wanna get in these coaches doghouses I mean it's great as amari Cooper was the way he refused to practice a lot because of his foot and his issues and then the other things we know about why he missed the two games he seemed to take plays off on the road he wasn't as motivated and he was great on the field an awesome player but he ran himself out of the Cowboys because he no longer was a favorite of the coaches and he made too much money... When you fall out of favor with the front office or the coaching staff I don't care who you are you're probably gonna get benched for a while I mean where did we pick up Henderson anyway was he undrafted or was he a late round draft pick I can't remember he's definitely expendable

Qcard

Reaction score
Firstly, I have to admit I saw very little of the first half and only the full 4th quarter. This is because I was in hospital due to a personal accident that I had (not car related) on Friday that I had to get checked today. That said, I was able to see some of the first half on my mobile while waiting for the doctors. So, I'll share my thoughts of the parts that I did see.

Firstly, Chuma did well at Lt. I see why the coaches put him there. This was much better from him today. Well done to him.

Secondly, Bland had a fantastic game. He's not Diggs, but he was impressive. I did see his pick 6. What a read he made, and he is quick!!! Very quick!!

Thirdly, the redzone offense wasn't great, but it did get a TD inside the 5. Plus, we did have a TD from the 20 yard line, so I guess that counts as a redzone TD lol. I was thrilled to see them use Luepke. This is what I was wanting them to do!! Good things happen when you use your FB inside the 5.

Fourth, this was much better from the team! They absolutely took Belichick to the woodshed. Well done to them! And well done to Mike McCarthy for handing Belichick his largest defeat as a HC. That's amazing when you think about it.

All in all, from what I saw, we looked better. There are a few things to tidy up, but that's the case after every game. The important thing is that we are 3-1, we didn't seem to lose anyone major, and it was a convincing win over a team and coach that can be difficult to prepare to compete against. Well done to the Cowboys!
Hope all is well!!

Beauty of today's game a rewatch is just as entertaining....