CFZ My early impressions from the game against the Patriots

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It appears that Bland is now leading the league in INTs for the period of time since he was drafted with 8 total.

CBs Bland and Gilmore are both high effort players in run defense.

Crushed Brady in his final game last season now Belichick...

Yup

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
The offense simply must be better, especially in the Red Zone. Let's see how they fair next week. Too many FGs, not enough big plays down the field. Play action passes should create some downfield throws to the receivers, not just TE seam passes and fade routes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The offense simply must be better, especially in the Red Zone. Let's see how they fair next week. Too many FGs, not enough big plays down the field. Play action passes should create some downfield throws to the receivers, not just TE seam passes and fade routes.

Yes, though I think they may have found some ideas today.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Hard to really know about.the defense from today because Mac Jones sucks. The Pats QB that played the 4th quarter was better.
Yeah Mac Jones was terrible today.

Also, I liked our run D today. To hold down a Belicheat run game, like that, when they knew they had to run was impressive. This gives me a little confidence we can slow down the Whiners run game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah Mac Jones was terrible today.

Also, I liked our run D today. To hold down a Belicheat run game, like that, when they knew they had to run was impressive. This gives me a little confidence we can slow down the Whiners run game.

In fairness, our defence makes a lot of QBs look terrible.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought everything went right in the jets game but this was even better. Every fumble bounced into our arms. Defense scores 14 points. Amazing how this team can look so wildly different from the AZ game. Is NE tanking for Caleb ? I haven’t seen a patriots team this bad since the 80’s.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I thought everything went right in the jets game but this was even better. Every fumble bounced into our arms. Defense scores 14 points. Amazing how this team can look so wildly different from the AZ game. Is NE tanking for Caleb ? I haven’t seen a patriots team this bad since the 80’s.

I could see that. The Pats definitely need a new QB. Then again, we do make a lot of QBs look bad when our defence plays them. I'm more impressed with how we stopped the Patriots running attack. That was encouraging.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see that. The Pats definitely need a new QB. Then again, we do make a lot of QBs look bad when our defence plays them. I'm more impressed with how we stopped the Patriots running attack. That was encouraging.
Mac Jones , Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones are all bottom 10 starting QBs with bad OLs. So, let’s see how they do against a mid tier QB with a great OL next week.

visionary

Reaction score
This team has shown that they can beat up on bad teams when they are awake

Dak has shown that he can play very well when ahead and not pushed to carry the team

The team and Dak have a history of losing to the top teams esp those that are physical and they have to prove they can reverse that by beating SF on sunday otherwise this is just window dressing

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Turpin needs to secure the ball better. I could see the fumble coming way before it happened. That's what, 3 fumbles and 3 recoveries. Sorry but Turpin worries me when it comes to running the ball. I know its just me, but that's how I feel.

I agree, and it's sad that we need someone following him in case he fumbles.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mac Jones , Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones are all bottom 10 starting QBs with bad OLs. So, let’s see how they do against a mid tier QB with a great OL next week.

Yes, but we also made the vaunted defences of the Jets and Patriots look like amateurs. The Chiefs gave up 20 points to the Jets. Mahomes threw 2, and should have been 3 if not for a questionable call, interceptions against the Jets defence. Josh Allen threw 4. We put 30 on the Jets defence without a turnover. That's an encouraging sign to me. As for the Patriots, we stopped their run game, which was a strength of theirs, and we put 38 points on them to give Belichick his worst ever defeat as a HC. That's amazing, even if it's not the same Pats as 5 years ago.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Defense balled out allowing the offense to be mediocre.. I think we need to get a lot better spreading the field and red zone scoring.
Can we stop parroting narratives that are not true that nearly had 500 yards of offense move the ball at will nothing mediocre about it and who cares about the red zone when you're scoring points from other places including field goals they all count.../

seriously it's like you go around and listen to other people talk and then bring it in here as if we don't know how to have our own opinion on what just went down which are facts not opinions the offense moved the ball on the patriots genius defense like a hot night through butter...

Yes we need to work on scoring more in the red zone but you know that five different ways we have not scored in the red zone three were drop passes one was taken back because of penalty and the other one would have been a touchdown last week if not for Michael Gallup being mugged a flag being dropped and then picked up or we would have had the ball at the one we are moving the ball into the red zone and the plays that are being called are being called properly and that we are just a fingernail away from turning this around and yet we are the third most for the fourth most scoring team in the NFL right now we have more than doubled our point output from the first four games last year to the first four games this year so what's the problem you guys need a narrative you need to move the goal post you need to cry about something correct??

So now there's no turnovers or interceptions to cry about let's talk about red zone because that's the new keyword to just put on every post everywhere about the Cowboys it gets sickening it's old and our point differential is ridiculous have you seen our net points??​
Have you seen that were three and one tell me how many more teams that are better than us oh that would be two right undefeated teams with the Eagles who have struggled in just about every one of their games and the 49ers that's it,.. So red zone let's get that word out your mouth and let's put in there three and one and we've been destroying teams and we had one bad game because we're missing 4 pro bowlers and three on the line it had the refs against us all day​
that's a fact we're playing great you couldn't have asked for a better start to the season we are playing like we could be an undefeated team we just had some bad luck on the road against Arizona with injuries and penalties that's it that's a fact outside of that we're destroying teams why is it that The Jets beat the bills and that the chiefs struggled with The Jets who by the way Mr. Superman at quarterback threw two interceptions and took a safety..​
Oh but The Jets team is trash they can't beat anyone they can't play they can't do anything oh I think they can do anything and the Cowboys are that good and people wanna overlook it they call everyone we play trash because we absolutely took their souls away...​
Now again stop the word red zone we don't need to hear about it because it hasn't cost us a game yet...​
We have so much time to just have that thing self correct that's right there is no big problems that I see in the red zone outside of some bad luck with dropped passes and some flags we will get it right I mean there was also about four plays yesterday where the pass rusher had a free run and the quarterback that messed up the play we just need to fix a few things that's it it's a brand new offense​
3-1 anything else??​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Also, I think McKeon earned a spot on the 53, and where has Hendershot been?
Hendershot has just regressed and that's why he's on the bench not only does he drop passes he doesn't seem to be like focusing on his other jobs at the line and yes it looks like he's gonna lose his job and then we have schoonmaker dropping passes so right now Ferguson is the man.. Schoonmaker is a rookie it's early on and I think he's gonna be fine so yes McKinnon is now taking his job from hendershot and hendershots gonna have to fight his way back because he's already in the doghouse with the coaches and this is happening in training camp as well we've seen this coming you just never seen the guy flash he he never has been talked about..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but we also made the vaunted defences of the Jets and Patriots look like amateurs. The Chiefs gave up 20 points to the Jets. Mahomes threw 2, and should have been 3 if not for a questionable call, interceptions against the Jets defence. Josh Allen threw 4. We put 30 on the Jets defence without a turnover. That's an encouraging sign to me. As for the Patriots, we stopped their run game, which was a strength of theirs, and we put 38 points on them to give Belichick his worst ever defeat as a HC. That's amazing, even if it's not the same Pats as 5 years ago.
Well, his defense is still really good. Losing his best CB at the beginning of the game didn’t help. I pin the historic loss on Mac Jones. He is a bad QB who had a really bad night. We do well against guys like him that can’t move in the pocket. It’s the Josh Dobbs, Jalen Hurt, Kyler Murray types that give us fits.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Firstly, I have to admit I saw very little of the first half and only the full 4th quarter. This is because I was in hospital due to a personal accident that I had (not car related) on Friday that I had to get checked today. That said, I was able to see some of the first half on my mobile while waiting for the doctors. So, I'll share my thoughts of the parts that I did see.

Firstly, Chuma did well at Lt. I see why the coaches put him there. This was much better from him today. Well done to him.

Secondly, Bland had a fantastic game. He's not Diggs, but he was impressive. I did see his pick 6. What a read he made, and he is quick!!! Very quick!!

Thirdly, the redzone offense wasn't great, but it did get a TD inside the 5. Plus, we did have a TD from the 20 yard line, so I guess that counts as a redzone TD lol. I was thrilled to see them use Luepke. This is what I was wanting them to do!! Good things happen when you use your FB inside the 5.

Fourth, this was much better from the team! They absolutely took Belichick to the woodshed. Well done to them! And well done to Mike McCarthy for handing Belichick his largest defeat as a HC. That's amazing when you think about it.

All in all, from what I saw, we looked better. There are a few things to tidy up, but that's the case after every game. The important thing is that we are 3-1, we didn't seem to lose anyone major, and it was a convincing win over a team and coach that can be difficult to prepare to compete against. Well done to the Cowboys!
You must have missed the entire game. Chuma was terrible yet again. The guy is a huge liability.

Leupke got stuffed on one redzone carry like everybody else has. The TD he went in untouched. Any of our backs could have walked in.