My Early Mock (3 Rounds)

ghst187

Reaction score
With a sample size of whats the issue with this team its clear WR, TE, S are the top needs. And depth at OL, LB, and DT are right up there.

I think we can take off TE as a round 1 spot because there is no TE worth it IMO, not even close.

I think Dallas will make the playoffs and lose in the DIV round.

Dallas drafts 25th

Think Dallas has to pick up a TE in FA.

For me i would want a guy like Brate but i dont think TB would trade him because he would have 14mil in dead money next yr.

Dallas signs Jesse James TE Steelers
Big TE who plays in a offense that uses a TE in the same ways Dallas does. Blocker/In the middle of the field route runner. He wont be 25 until June next yr. Offer this kid a nice contract to take his game to Dallas.
4yrs 21mil 8mil SB

Dallas signs Kevin White WR Chicago Bears
He's had some bad luck with injuries to start his career, he will be 27 when the season starts. He would come cheap on a prove it deal. But the talent and work ethic is there.
1yr 3mil 1mil SB

Draft
Round 1
Paris Campbell WR Ohio State
WR who has suffered because of the limitations of QB at OSU. Guy has serious ability to take any pass to the house. Right now he's a top RD2 prospect but they say he's gonna run a 4.3range which will bring him up to a RD1 grade. Dallas needs skill at WR. Team him up with Gallup and Beasley and you got something going.

Round 2
Michael Jordan G/C Ohio State
Going to the buckeyes again, Jordan was starting guard in 2017 and was moved to Center after Price went in the draft. He's the type of guy Dallas would look at. Like what Looney has done but he does have limitations.This could change if Looneys game continues to improve but i think we have seen the peak of Looney, and its ok but could be better. I dont think we see Frederick play again.

Round 3
David Sills WR West Virginia
Big target who is the best WR in college in the redzone. Guy has 23 TDs over the last 16 games. Was the kid who commited to USC at 13 lol. IF he had better speed he would be a RD1 pick easy. He relies more on great route running to get open. I could see him in the slot opening up that middle with Jesse James.

I won’t be surprised if Sills goes way way higher like maybe even as high as late first. Love the FA TE idea. I’m afraid the worst part about this post is the belief we win more games than we lose and make the playoffs. Sorry but I find that laughable at the moment.
So question, how does your draft plans change if we have a top 10 pick which I think is very likely.

Plankton

Reaction score
White's finally been healthy this year, playing in all 4 games. However, he has yet to catch a pass.

I still believe his talent but you have to be productive.

White can't run routes. He literally is either a guy catching a hitch, or running a 9 route. He doesn't do anything else. I would hope that the Cowboys could do better than this.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
White can't run routes. He literally is either a guy catching a hitch, or running a 9 route. He doesn't do anything else. I would hope that the Cowboys could do better than this.

I'm not talking about making a huge investment on him. He just seems like the type of project (extremely athletic, former high draft pick) that Will McClay has been taking chances on.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm not talking about making a huge investment on him. He just seems like the type of project (extremely athletic, former high draft pick) that Will McClay has been taking chances on.

Unless the coaching staff and offensive philosophy is changed out in Dallas, it would be a complete waste of a signing. At this point, I'm not sure how much growth potential he has. He had, in reality, one season of significant production in college and has had lower leg issues along with zero production in the pros. I always thought that White was overdrafted. The Cowboys need more receivers that are smooth route runners that can operate over the middle rather than an outside WR who is route limited.

dallas72

Reaction score
I guess I'm good with all this, except I think Kevin White is pretty useless, but my question is what you're doing at safety?

Earl?
Terrible draft
Sign Earl Thomas F/A....wont get huge $$ due to injury. Or Honey Badger
WR- wouldnt draft a WR usually takes 2-3 years to develop
TE- are none worth a 1st round grade
WR- I'd look Free Agent maybe Cooper if cut (if we dont trade for him this year)
QB- its Daks last rookie $$ season...hes not Brady...but hes a good top 10-12 QB ..oline,wr,play calling are as much to blame

Sydla

Reaction score
Still thinking we are going to draft 25th?

LOL.