My early mock first 2 rounds

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
ROUND 1
Jahmyr Gibbs RB BAMA
Tony pollard at a fraction of the cost. His stop and go is insane. This kid wastes no movements getting upfield. Let him fill the role pollard played this yr. Elliot will be back this yr, after 2023 I doubt it. And Gibbs will have a nfl yr under his belt to take over.

ROUND 2
Jalin Hyatt WR Tenn
This is the kid to take the top off the defense. Teaming him with Lamb and Gallup, would be a big boost.

RS12

Reaction score
Not out of the realm of possibility. Matter of fact it would be good.

Sydla

Reaction score
First round TB is just a no go for me.

I guess I've been scarred by the Elliott experience.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
ROUND 1
Jahmyr Gibbs RB BAMA
Tony pollard at a fraction of the cost. His stop and go is insane. This kid wastes no movements getting upfield. Let him fill the role pollard played this yr. Elliot will be back this yr, after 2023 I doubt it. And Gibbs will have a nfl yr under his belt to take over.

ROUND 2
Jalin Hyatt WR Tenn
This is the kid to take the top off the defense. Teaming him with Lamb and Gallup, would be a big boost.
Offense needs to get better with speed. Adding two playmakers with speed in the first two rounds is perfect

RandyOh

Reaction score
First round TB is just a no go for me.

I guess I've been scarred by the Elliott experience.
picking a TB towards the end of the first is a little more tolerable than picking a TB freaking 4th overall

Sydla

Reaction score
picking a TB towards the end of the first is a little more tolerable than picking a TB freaking 4th overall
I still can't do it. I am probably being irrational but investing that much in what has been shown can be a fungible position is tough to swallow. I mean we are all hoping they find a way to bring back Pollard, who was our best TB this year, and he's a playmaker with speed we found in the later rounds.

To me, use those high picks on lineman and maybe a WR. Then come back with a kid like McIntosh from UGA in the middle rounds. Or Zach Evans from Ole Miss who has decent speed and ridiculous short area quickness.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hard pass on a 1st round RB…that includes Robinson.

Just poor use of draft capital and bad roster management IMO.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
ROUND 1
Jahmyr Gibbs RB BAMA

ROUND 2
Jalin Hyatt WR Tenn
Gibbs is legit but we going to need to draft a bigger back in the 3rd/4th round that will take some of the carriers. Those Tennessee receivers remind me of the Ole Miss receivers Brown and Metcalf. Nobody talked about them on the draft shows but you watch videos of them burning up Alabama and LSU with a bad quarterback.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gibbs is legit but we going to need to draft a bigger back in the 3rd/4th round that will take some of the carriers. Those Tennessee receivers remind me of the Ole Miss receivers Brown and Metcalf. Nobody talked about them on the draft shows but you watch videos of them burning up Alabama and LSU with a bad quarterback.
Hyatt in the 2nd would be really nice. I don't think he's going to last that long.

I can't do TB in the 1st. Ideally, OG or DT in Rd 1, come back with Hyatt in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd and then use the 4th/5th round for TBs like the kid from Tulane, or McIntosh from UGA or the kids from Ole Miss.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hyatt in the 2nd would be really nice. I don't think he's going to last that long.

I can't do TB in the 1st. Ideally, OG or DT in Rd 1, come back with Hyatt in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd and then use the 4th/5th round for TBs like the kid from Tulane, or McIntosh from UGA or the kids from Ole Miss.
I here you about running back especially after the Zeke experience. I am for the guard but I think all the quality defensive tackles will be gone before 26. Mel has 4 quarterbacks going in the top 10 so maybe some guys will get pushed down.

John813

Reaction score
I'll take this all day.

Gibbs was the offense at Georgia Tech before he switched to Bama last year and he was a stud there.
imo he's Kamara with elite speed.

Sydla

Reaction score
I here you about running back especially after the Zeke experience. I am for the guard but I think all the quality defensive tackles will be gone before 26. Mel has 4 quarterbacks going in the top 10 so maybe some guys will get pushed down.
Yeah, when you look at the mocks and big boards, there appears to be a real void in DTs in that 15-40 range.

I just can't get behind a TB in the first. Whiplash from Zeke.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I like your thinking but I wanna address the LG position in one of the first two rounds. The guard position isn’t strong this year so I would like to play it safe and take A guard early

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, when you look at the mocks and big boards, there appears to be a real void in DTs in that 15-40 range.

I just can't get behind a TB in the first. Whiplash from Zeke.
Any quarterbacks you would take a flyer on in the 2nd or 3rd round?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I also like jordan mims from fresno state. The guy just ran thru everybody. Depending on his workouts I think Dallas could get him anywhere from 5th -7th. 16 tds this yr.

I think that big back can wait a yr because Elliot isn't going anywhere in 2023

RandyOh

Reaction score
I still can't do it. I am probably being irrational but investing that much in what has been shown can be a fungible position is tough to swallow. I mean we are all hoping they find a way to bring back Pollard, who was our best TB this year, and he's a playmaker with speed we found in the later rounds.

To me, use those high picks on lineman and maybe a WR. Then come back with a kid like McIntosh from UGA in the middle rounds. Or Zach Evans from Ole Miss who has decent speed and ridiculous short area quickness.
I agree. Give me a big ugly on either the offense or defense with that first. I will say though if Bijan Robinson does last to 26, that would be hard to pass on. wouldn't hate it