My experience on yestersday's game along with my thoughts (censored, of course)

Dallas22

Reaction score
YoMick;2476276 said:
That game could have been our "Giants vs Pats" regular season game from last year....

The end(SB win) result was good, no?

Yes, but that game against the Pats in NJ (Giants) was a meaningless game for the Giants except to hand the Pats their only loss in the regular season. That's totally different than a team like the Cowboys, with this huge monkey on our back with everything to prove, and yet blow a game that we played desperatly to win, up by 10 with under 8 minutes in the 4th qtr. We can rebound but what are the chances when taking into account the past 2.5 seasons? Doesn't look good but at least we still have a chance... that's all I can say.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dallas22;2476303 said:
Yes, but that game against the Pats in NJ (Giants) was a meaningless game for the Giants except to hand the Pats their only loss in the regular season. That's totally different than a team like the Cowboys, with this huge monkey on our back with everything to prove, and yet blow a game that we played desperatly to win, up by 10 with under 8 minutes in the 4th qtr. We can rebound but what are the chances when taking into account the past 2.5 seasons? Doesn't look good but at least we still have a chance... that's all I can say.

It wasnt meaningless... ask Strahan..... "it wasnt a false sense of confidence... IT WAS CONFIDENCE that we could beat them"

Dallas22

Reaction score
YoMick;2476350 said:
It wasnt meaningless... ask Strahan..... "it wasnt a false sense of confidence... IT WAS CONFIDENCE that we could beat them"

I can see how in that game it helped the Giants get more confident, but winning doesn't hurt confidence as well. When in desperation mode, tearing and clawing just to try and make it into the playoffs, the Cowboys blew a huge opportunity. Who knows, if we'd have beaten the Steelers they might have lost the next 3 because their heads got too big (again)... but that's not what happened, they lost and they need to move on and just concentrate and win the next 3 games. If they don't the bad reputation in December returns and the pressure builds some more for next season... it will continue to come back to haunt us until we first win in December and then win in the Playoffs.