My FA List

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i like ratliff....but he was called out by parcells a last year.....that is the only reason I said borderline ok. I have a feeling with a new defensive coordinator and a new defensive philosophy, Ratliff will be a very solid guy, kinda like jimmy jones or michael myers was for us

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LatinMind;1356533 said:
but they still need to make him a qualifying offer.

Q: What determines an exclusive rights free agent?

A: Players with two or fewer years of experience who have no outside negotiating power. Their rights belong to their 2007 club provided they are made a qualifying offer

But Ratliff signed a 3-year deal. Him being listed as an ERFA is wrong.

The qualifying offer for an ERFA is a minimum contract.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cobra;1356341 said:
You want us to get one of the most expensive free agents to put at a position where we already have two expensive starters?

What are we... the moronic Commanders?

If we move Henry, we will need a starting CB. Glenn is a third cornerback not a starter.

I'd rather go with a draft choice than an expensive (very expensive in this case) veteran.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Alexander;1356736 said:
If we move Henry, we will need a starting CB. Glenn is a third cornerback not a starter.

I'd rather go with a draft choice than an expensive (very expensive in this case) veteran.

And I think that is what is going to happen. I think Henry is slowing down too much to play CB and moving him to FS will help cover up Roy's liabilities in deep coverage. No way can Dallas afford to pay two CB contracts though and FS is a need if Henry doesn't move. I think most of us would think spending a 1st round pick on a safety is more foolish than spending it on a CB. I see the draft unfolding like this:

1. CB
2. G
3. T
4. best availabe WR

AbeBeta

Reaction score
neosapien23;1356771 said:
And I think that is what is going to happen. I think Henry is slowing down too much to play CB and moving him to FS will help cover up Roy's liabilities in deep coverage. No way can Dallas afford to pay two CB contracts though and FS is a need if Henry doesn't move. I think most of us would think spending a 1st round pick on a safety is more foolish than spending it on a CB. I see the draft unfolding like this:

I don't know how foolish the 1st round safety is. It certainly isn't a traditional 1st round position -- but a starting CB with the 20-something pick isn't a lock. However, if a safety is on the board with 1st round value then he's got a better shot at being really special.