My First Ever Dak Thread

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Yet both QB's beat Dak and Dallas so poor example to bring up. Oh, and in the WFT vs. Raiders game the Raiders defense gave up a last minute game winning FG to the WFT so how was that Carr's fault after he led them to a game leading FG drive? As for Brady, he was 23 of 34 for 220 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's while having no running game.......isn;t that what is said when Dak loses?
My point isnt to compare Dak to Brady for goodness sakes but to clearly show WFT defense is pretty good against the pass. You can add Russell Wilson to the list who also got clobbered by WFT

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How did Tom Brady and Derek Carr do against WFT defense last few weeks ? Shut down and lost thats how they did .
Dak hasn't been the same since calf injury and Moore does not do him any favors but the response to dak after this game has been way over the top

Other QB's have bad games, like every other, when Dak does it he is just showing his "Real Self" good games are erased and only the bad ones count....

Deep_South

Reaction score
The good news is after Dak and the Boys beat the NY Football Giants on Sunday they will have clinched a slot in the playoffs with three games left.

Verdict

Reaction score
I love Dak Prescott. There are better QBs in the NFL, but I wouldn’t trade him for any of them. Irrational, but that’s me.

Most of the recent Dak posts are ridiculous. Many stupidly say this is what they always knew he was. Many others want to blame any and everything for his recent struggles. Anyone who knows squat about football and listens to those who do knows Dak has had stretches where he has been elite, and yes, the MVP roll he was on early in the year was legit. Those who claim otherwise don’t deserve the respect of your response to their silly, ignorant agenda driven posts.

That said, anyone who knows anything about football and listens to those who do knows Dak is currently in a funk. He’s having a bad run where he’s making bad decisions, rushing the plays, not staying composed with his mechanics. It happens to all QBs. He has three weeks to start finding his stride and improving his play. It is unlikely that he will suddenly turn around and play at the elite level he was at early this season, but he must improve.

It’s not the OL or the lack of a run game; It’s not the receivers or the play-calling. We have all seen Dak play extremely well with and without a run game, behind a crappy OL, with backup receivers, with plenty of drops, and with head scratching play calls. When it’s obvious he’s playing well, it’s easy to then pinpoint the OL not giving time for plays to develop or drives ending because of penalties or dropped passes or insane play calls. Dak needs to slow it down, see what he sees pre-snap, but also adjust to what he sees post-snap, step up in the pocket, slide in the pocket to buy time, keep his feet under him and have good mechanics. The answer cannot always be get rid of the ball quickly.

We’ve seen him play his game many times, but right now he is NOT playing well. Winning or losing and success in the playoffs is not on hm alone. But if he continues to play poorly, he definitely shoulders a huge, disproportionate share of the blame, as he should.

But if you want to discuss with silly, emotional, irrational comments about him being a poor QB, that he’s always been a poor QB, don’t expect a response from me. If you want to discuss why he’s currently playing at a poor QB level, bring it because that is certainly fair.

I don’t know if Dak will pull out of it or not, nor to what degree he will right the ship, but at 9-4 and the playoffs on the horizon, I’m certainly hopeful that he will get back to 75% of what he was to start the season to make the playoffs a fun experience.
I think a lot of people on this message board share your point of view and I think it is spot on. As for the “why” he is playing bad, I am not sure we will ever know. If he is limited physically, I am not sure we will ever know that… maybe after the season is over?

All I know is I hope Dak gets back on track. Confidence will help with that and the upcoming game against the Giants should be just what the doctor ordered.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Something for sure is going on with him and it’s surely not his leg or ankle anymore. He was running around fine Sunday. He slides as quick as he can. But towards the end he got braver. Maybe his shoulder is bothering him. He usually plays fine. Maybe he needs some quicker routes to throw to. Seems like these are all slow or long developing routes he is throwing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think a lot of people on this message board share your point of view and I think it is spot on. As for the “why” he is playing bad, I am not sure we will ever know. If he is limited physically, I am not sure we will ever know that… maybe after the season is over?

All I know is I hope Dak gets back on track. Confidence will help with that and the upcoming game against the Giants should be just what the doctor ordered.
He has not been the same since the falcons game. Same slump and play every week. Hoping this game will get him back on track.. Maybe the shoulder. It don’t look like the leg is bothering him..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Dak Prescott. There are better QBs in the NFL, but I wouldn’t trade him for any of them. Irrational, but that’s me.

Most of the recent Dak posts are ridiculous. Many stupidly say this is what they always knew he was. Many others want to blame any and everything for his recent struggles. Anyone who knows squat about football and listens to those who do knows Dak has had stretches where he has been elite, and yes, the MVP roll he was on early in the year was legit. Those who claim otherwise don’t deserve the respect of your response to their silly, ignorant agenda driven posts.

That said, anyone who knows anything about football and listens to those who do knows Dak is currently in a funk. He’s having a bad run where he’s making bad decisions, rushing the plays, not staying composed with his mechanics. It happens to all QBs. He has three weeks to start finding his stride and improving his play. It is unlikely that he will suddenly turn around and play at the elite level he was at early this season, but he must improve.

It’s not the OL or the lack of a run game; It’s not the receivers or the play-calling. We have all seen Dak play extremely well with and without a run game, behind a crappy OL, with backup receivers, with plenty of drops, and with head scratching play calls. When it’s obvious he’s playing well, it’s easy to then pinpoint the OL not giving time for plays to develop or drives ending because of penalties or dropped passes or insane play calls. Dak needs to slow it down, see what he sees pre-snap, but also adjust to what he sees post-snap, step up in the pocket, slide in the pocket to buy time, keep his feet under him and have good mechanics. The answer cannot always be get rid of the ball quickly.

We’ve seen him play his game many times, but right now he is NOT playing well. Winning or losing and success in the playoffs is not on hm alone. But if he continues to play poorly, he definitely shoulders a huge, disproportionate share of the blame, as he should.

But if you want to discuss with silly, emotional, irrational comments about him being a poor QB, that he’s always been a poor QB, don’t expect a response from me. If you want to discuss why he’s currently playing at a poor QB level, bring it because that is certainly fair.

I don’t know if Dak will pull out of it or not, nor to what degree he will right the ship, but at 9-4 and the playoffs on the horizon, I’m certainly hopeful that he will get back to 75% of what he was to start the season to make the playoffs a fun experience.
Long post! But.....good job qualifying your comment FIRST. Real pro!

A lot of people are with you.....even if they don't feel it's necessary to get 4-5 paragraphs in before they can actually get to what they want to say.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
As long as I’ve been a Cowboys fan…since 1964 when I was 6 years old…one of the most reliable aspects of Cowboys fandom is whoever is playing qb- even Roger Staubach- is usually the most criticized lightening rod player every single year. Never fails.

I wonder how many QBR's equivalent to 9 he had.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Fair post. But I disagree with you on one point. It IS the run game...we are heavily invested in the run game from a draft pick perspective and a cap dollars perspective. I am not just talking about Zeke. I am talking about the OL and Zeke. That investment was not made for the run game to perform like this. Dak will not win 3 playoff games and a Super Bowl if we continue to run the ball like this. Heck....our beloved Troy would not have won 3 Super Bowl wins without the run game. Running it well matters for THIS team!!! And running it well has always mattered for THIS franchise. We play in the NFC East. We generally have to deal with the weather in December as a member of the NFC East. And factor in Green Bay and the potential to have to go to Green Bay in January.....you travel with your run game and you greatly increase your chances of winning.

The approach to how many RBs your carry and how they are used throughout a season is going to have to be overhauled. We carry a LOT of OL....we carry a LOT of WRs.....we carry a LOT of CBs. With a 17 game season, only 1 team getting a bye and the size and speed of todays NFL defenders....You better start distributing the carries in a game differently....AND you better start carrying more RBs on the roster AND make sure you have 3 "ready" to play every game AND 4 "ready" to play each season.

People are always saying it's the easiest position in the NFL to fill? Well, with Zeke CLEARLY compromised and Pollard playing on 1 foot...someone else should be READY to play so that these guys can heal. Did we force Tank to play? Are we forcing Tyron to play? Gallup missed games. The list goes on and on. Guess why? Because it is a sport where you are going to get HURT!

The "smart" franchises will recognize that load management needs to be part of the NFL future. The longer season...only 1 team getting a bye.....you are going to have to create your own bye and do a better job of keeping your RBs fresh. We have to get our head out of the sand and recognize this is the new NFL.

Grevus

Reaction score
Good post.

I think it's all about confidence.

He looks to be rushing things when he doesn't need to.

Yesterday is when I realized he is really scared of getting hurt again, and it's quite evident.

He needs to let it loose and play to win. He is scared and reverting to his Garrett roots and playing not to lose.

I agree. I believe the coaching staff is in his head that he needs to stay healthy for the playoffs. Don't take any chances and get hurt. He was doing very well until the calf injury and think that is when the bench started getting into his head.