My first pet player

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne #17 for LSU

Dude looks amazing. That is all.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Claiborne isn't that fast, more of a tampa 2 zone cover corner. Nit much off a man press or man cover CB.

not saying he is a bad play because he isn't. He is actually a very good CB but not the best fit for Ryan's defense. He is only 173 pounds, needs to bulk up alittle more before he can be a press man corner.

Chase Minnifield and Desmond Trufant are two guys you should look at.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Claiborne with another pick!

You can't throw at this guy.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
CATCH17;4114851 said:
Claiborne with another pick!

You can't throw at this guy.
I could have made that pick.

Claiborne is a good player but he was playing MSU.

He is undersized right now for the NFL and that will hurt him in the draft with teams like Dallas who likes physical press man corners.

Claiborne can press in college but these big NFL WRs will push him to the side no problem. Right now he is a man off zone, or cover 2 CB.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
The Realist;4116337 said:
Mo Claiborne isn't 173. He'll be 195 by draft time.

yes he is 173, what you said made no sense. "He isn't 173 he will be 195 by draft time. what does that even mean" If he gains 20 pounds over the next 6 months then he will be to slow and will not be as good during the season and drop a round. Best thing for him to do is to stay at 170 and maybe gain 5 pounds or so, stay around 175 at the draft so he has a good 40 and then gain some weight after he is drafted. He is sill best fit in a zone or cover 2 scheme.

maybe you should look stuff up before writing.

Morris Claiborne*, LSU (Scouts Inc. Grade: 91)
There's a lot to like about Claiborne's physical tools. He has the hip fluidity, size and speed to quickly develop into an effective press corner at the next level. He weighs just 173 pounds and needs to get stronger, but Claiborne he is six feet tall and has room on his frame to bulk up. He also doesn't shy away from contact, and as a former wide receiver has the better-than-expected instincts and ball skills to make plays. Claiborne currently grades out late in the first round.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=nfl_draft&id=6965441

The Realist

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4116369 said:
yes he is 173, what you said made no sense. "He isn't 173 he will be 195 by draft time. what does that even mean" If he gains 20 pounds over the next 6 months then he will be to slow and will not be as good during the season and drop a round. Best thing for him to do is to stay at 170 and maybe gain 5 pounds or so, stay around 175 at the draft so he has a good 40 and then gain some weight after he is drafted. He is sill best fit in a zone or cover 2 scheme.

maybe you should look stuff up before writing.

Morris Claiborne*, LSU (Scouts Inc. Grade: 91)
There's a lot to like about Claiborne's physical tools. He has the hip fluidity, size and speed to quickly develop into an effective press corner at the next level. He weighs just 173 pounds and needs to get stronger, but Claiborne he is six feet tall and has room on his frame to bulk up. He also doesn't shy away from contact, and as a former wide receiver has the better-than-expected instincts and ball skills to make plays. Claiborne currently grades out late in the first round.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=nfl_draft&id=6965441

I promised myself I would no longer argue with idiots but I'll make an exception for you.

According to a little web site called LSU's football roster he is 185 now. Shocking! He hit the weights in the offseason and put on weight. NFL Draft Scout has him at 185.

This time last year everyone thought Tyron Smith was 285.

Mo doesn't have to put on 20 pounds to be 195 he needs to put on 10. Piece of cake for a 22 y/o athlete turning pro getting ready for the combine after the season.

You are looking at really stale information. Try to keep up.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why people say "pet" or "pet cat"? Not sure where that comes from.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Corleone;4116637 said:
Can someone tell me why people say "pet" or "pet cat"? Not sure where that comes from.

I honestly said it because everyone else does so I deserve to be called out for it.

Also from what ive seen of the guy, which isn't a lot, I don't think he is just a cover 2 guy.

He looks big, tall, with the ability to turn and run.

I really like the player.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
CATCH17;4116819 said:
I honestly said it because everyone else does so I deserve to be called out for it.

Also from what ive seen of the guy, which isn't a lot, I don't think he is just a cover 2 guy.

He looks big, tall, with the ability to turn and run.

I really like the player.

If he can put on 10-15 pounds or strength and not lose any speed then I agree he can be a damn good press corner. I like the guy, he is good cover corner but right now he is to light to play in Ryan's defense.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
The Realist;4116396 said:
I promised myself I would no longer argue with idiots but I'll make an exception for you.

According to a little web site called LSU's football roster he is 185 now. Shocking! He hit the weights in the offseason and put on weight. NFL Draft Scout has him at 185.

This time last year everyone thought Tyron Smith was 285.

Mo doesn't have to put on 20 pounds to be 195 he needs to put on 10. Piece of cake for a 22 y/o athlete turning pro getting ready for the combine after the season.

You are looking at really stale information. Try to keep up.

resulting to name calling shows you have lost all credibility.

Post your link and teams rosters are never true.
Scouts inc has him at 173, I posted the link that shows the right up.

A CB putting on 20 pounds is alot different than a OT and if you think they are the same that just shows your true IQ.

"He weighs just 173 pounds and needs to get stronger"
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?...aft&id=6965441

supercowboy8

Reaction score
CATCH17;4116970 said:
Ok I want the Florida State kicker too.

what about the florida kicker, he went 4 for 4 today.

but lets give Bailey and Forbeth a chance this year first.

The Realist

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4116842 said:
resulting to name calling shows you have lost all credibility.

Post your link and teams rosters are never true.
Scouts inc has him at 173, I posted the link that shows the right up.

A CB putting on 20 pounds is alot different than a OT and if you think they are the same that just shows your true IQ.

"He weighs just 173 pounds and needs to get stronger"
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?...aft&id=6965441

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=3660179

What makes you think ESPN has better insight to his weight the LSU training staff does?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
The Realist;4117019 said:
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=3660179

What makes you think ESPN has better insight to his weight the LSU training staff does?

because everyone knows ever team lies about their players size. Every player is heavier and taller than they really are on the roster, why teams do this, I don't know but its what they do. NCAA, and even the NFL does this.

But let me be clear, like I said in all my post in this thread about Claiborne. He is a really good player and I think he will be a good pro. Right now due to his size I don't think he fits Ryans system day one.

Can he gain the bulk? Yes he has the frame. Will he lose speed if he does gain bulk? No not if he does it right. I like him, I said it last year when every one was talking about Peterson that this guy Claiborne is a player not to watch.

I want to see him gain bulk and see how he does vs top talent and speed and how he does at the combine before I say he is the best CB in this coming up draft all the way in April of 2012.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Dre Kirkpatrick is my pet cat right now, and I highly doubt we'll ever be in range to get him. He's got the size to play FS and the coverage ability to stay outside, he's gonna be a good NFL player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;4117160 said:
Dre Kirkpatrick is my pet cat right now, and I highly doubt we'll ever be in range to get him. He's got the size to play FS and the coverage ability to stay outside, he's gonna be a good NFL player.

He does look like more of a FS to me but he's so skinny that he would probably get killed.

He has stiff hips too.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
CATCH17;4114800 said:
Morris Claiborne #17 for LSU

Dude looks amazing. That is all.

I like this guy lots...he has the makings of a very good CB

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dre Kirkpatrick won't measure in at 6'3, trust me

and as far as Morris Claiborne being too small to play in Rex Ryan's scheme, Orlando Scandrick is only 192. If Claiborne is 185, then that's not too far. Even if he's only 185 when we draft him, that's fine too.