My honest opinion...

cmacch

Reaction score
Number one, I'm pretty sick of the drama surrounding this team, no matter who is causing it. I think it's ridiculous that no one appears to be focusing on the most important thing: WINNING THE GAME.

Having said that, I honestly think that even if we win tonight (so not counting on it) and make the playoffs (not counting on that either) we are still just not a Super Bowl team. I'm not by any means hoping that we lose, but I think being out of the playoff race will give this team some much needed reevaluation and rebuilding time. Frankly, I don't know if I can handle the heartbreaking "one-and-done" situation we had to deal with last year.

That's just my two cents, anyway. What are your thoughts?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
cmacch;2489502 said:
Number one, I'm pretty sick of the drama surrounding this team, no matter who is causing it. I think it's ridiculous that no one appears to be focusing on the most important thing: WINNING THE GAME.

Having said that, I honestly think that even if we win tonight (so not counting on it) and make the playoffs (not counting on that either) we are still just not a Super Bowl team. I'm not by any means hoping that we lose, but I think being out of the playoff race will give this team some much needed reevaluation and rebuilding time. Frankly, I don't know if I can handle the heartbreaking "one-and-done" situation we had to deal with last year.

That's just my two cents, anyway. What are your thoughts?

Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

we had 13 Pro bowlers last year.

Where do you want to rebuild at?

Aikbach

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489510 said:
Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

Safety, Defensive End and Wideout still are deficiencies; especially if TO is tossed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Aikbach;2489526 said:
Safety, Defensive End and Wideout still are deficiencies; especially if TO is tossed.

You don't have to "rebuild" to improve 3 positions.

ANd we're fine at WR, with or without TO.

cmacch

Reaction score
Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

Maybe rebuilding was a poor choice of words.

The overall attitude of the players/staff needs to change. The circle of blame needs to be broken and people should hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes. I'm not a TO hater, but I don't love him either. If he's going to remain on the team (which he will) everyone needs to learn to let his whining and complaining roll of their shoulders and not feed into it. Wade needs to be stricter with the players. He's not getting paid to be their friends, he's getting paid to help them win. So like I said, rebuilding probably wasn't the right word, but I think we can agree that a lot of things need to change.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Rack;2489530 said:
You don't have to "rebuild" to improve 3 positions.

ANd we're fine at WR, with or without TO.
I was simply answering his inquiry about what the team lacked.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What don't you understand about 13 pro bowlers and 13-3?!?

I don't think we're superbowl ready either, but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance we can win it despite that. The D has looked pretty good.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TO isn't going anywhere unless he is suspended by the league for conduct. Since he has never done anything like that then I'm not worried about that.

We don't need to rebuild.

We need help at safety (IMO) and a backup QB. We could use some more depth on the OL.

cmacch

Reaction score
TheCount;2489541 said:
What don't you understand about 13 pro bowlers and 13-3?!?

I don't think we're superbowl ready either, but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance we can win it despite that. The D has looked pretty good.

We had 13 pro bowlers and went 13-3 LAST YEAR. Last year is over. Last year ended in disappointment. Last year doesn't matter.

You're right, there's always a chance we can win, but is it probable?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Aikbach;2489526 said:

I think we are good at WR. I think for sure we need to address saftey though. Could use another Good DE as well unless we move Ratliff to DE then we need to look at DT to back up Tank.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cmacch;2489558 said:
We had 13 pro bowlers and went 13-3 LAST YEAR. Last year is over. Last year ended in disappointment. Last year doesn't matter.

But we still have the 13 pro bowlers. Which ones do you want to cut?

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

13 Pro Bowlers, eh? Look what that got us.
This team needs to win seven, for all practical purposes, PLAYOFF games to win the SB.
Do you really believe that, starting about 3 hours from now, that this team will suddenly transfigure themselves into what all the hype about them WAS during the offseason?
Or, more likely, will Romo go on his, one of many, adventures that usually lead to the ball being on the ground? Or, will Flozell Adams jump offsides against the Ravens in the 4th quarter? Will Terrance Newman get caught flat-footed against the Eagles when it counts? And casual observer knows the answer to these questions.
The best indicator of future performance is PAST performance. This year, this team has shown a long-suit for mental mistakes, bad coaching, missing assignments, and just plain uninspired showings from top to bottom.
So yeah, maybe the word "rebuilding" is appropriate. If for no other reason than to scare the hell out of many on this team who either just don't give a damn, or who lack the ability to pull it off. Either way, something must be done to account for the debacle last year, and the tragedy called the 2008 regular season.
That's not going to change this season.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
It could be worse. At least you don't support a product and team as worthless and useless as the Washington Commanders.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cmacch;2489558 said:

I see you missed the brilliant example of sarcasm I just displayed.

cmacch

Reaction score
Extreme;2489639 said:
It could be worse. At least you don't support a product and team as worthless and useless as the Washington Commanders.

:laugh1:

Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Extreme;2489639 said:

now is the time to become what you really want to be anyways....

a cowboy fan.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2489656 said:
now is the time to become what you really want to be anyways....

a cowboy fan.
I wouldn't go that far ;)

I will however start watching the games I want to watch, instead of watching one where I know who's going to win before kickoff. :banghead:

I'm glad I don't know where Dan Snyder lives, I'm really glad.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2489639 said:
What the hell happened to you guys? To quote the Joker "eh, did your balls drop off"??
Listen, I don't like Washington much. But I despise the Beagles and remain in the camp that the Giants are impostors. Call it sour grapes, but they were just the team who "didn't want to lose the most" last year. I think they're sittin' ducks in the playoffs. Many will call their season ending loss an "upset", but I just think they're all that great.
We'll see.....................