My honest opinion...

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I think that these players have been together for a long time now and they are getting tired of each other and attacking one another. It may not be fixable. I think there is some logic that this team has to recreate itself. I am embarrassed to be a Cowboy fan, i hate the make-up of this team. I really do. When we lose, guys make excuses. You have a head coach with no spine and no control, A QB that can’t win big games, A Cancerous wide reciever, A defense that can’t close the deal, Premadannas, And an idiot owner who is clueless who has put together a group of individuals, not a team. I am sick of it. I am disguested by this crap, it’s too much.

cmacch

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2489685 said:
I think that these players have been together for a long time now and they are getting tired of each other and attacking one another. It may not be fixable. I think there is some logic that this team has to recreate itself. I am embarrassed to be a Cowboy fan, i hate the make-up of this team. I really do. When we lose, guys make excuses. You have a head coach with no spine and no control, A QB that can’t win big games, A Cancerous wide reciever, A defense that can’t close the deal, Premadannas, And an idiot owner who is clueless who has put together a group of individuals, not a team. I am sick of it. I am disguested by this crap, it’s too much.

THANK YOU! At least someone sees my point...

You can have the best collection of talent as humanly possible...that doesn't make you a TEAM.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Extreme;2489639 said:
It could be worse. At least you don't support a product and team as worthless and useless as the Washington Commanders.

I gotta say... I was suprised at the start that the Skins had... but I also thought that "it was just the right fit" Zorn+Skins.

I didnt think they would go downhill like they did. I bought Zorn.

So question is... Is it really his fault?
Or do you really blame that Campbell is a QB that cannot get the ball to those WR's?

Campbell = Quincy v2.0

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
lewpac;2489635 said:
13 Pro Bowlers, eh? Look what that got us.
This team needs to win seven, for all practical purposes, PLAYOFF games to win the SB.
Do you really believe that, starting about 3 hours from now, that this team will suddenly transfigure themselves into what all the hype about them WAS during the offseason?
Or, more likely, will Romo go on his, one of many, adventures that usually lead to the ball being on the ground? Or, will Flozell Adams jump offsides against the Ravens in the 4th quarter? Will Terrance Newman get caught flat-footed against the Eagles when it counts? And casual observer knows the answer to these questions.
The best indicator of future performance is PAST performance. This year, this team has shown a long-suit for mental mistakes, bad coaching, missing assignments, and just plain uninspired showings from top to bottom.
So yeah, maybe the word "rebuilding" is appropriate. If for no other reason than to scare the hell out of many on this team who either just don't give a damn, or who lack the ability to pull it off. Either way, something must be done to account for the debacle last year, and the tragedy called the 2008 regular season.
That's not going to change this season.

So once again I ask. which of the 13 Pro Bowlers from last year do you want to cut?

Flo? Tnew? Who? just asking.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489701 said:
So once again I ask. which of the 13 Pro Bowlers from last year do you want to cut?

Flo? Tnew? Who? just asking.

I think the "popular list" of late is:

1. TO
  2. Romo
  3. Witten
People are crazy... lol

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Can't name one off hand.................
But like I said, declare this off-season (which is looking like a loooooooong one) "Open Season" for all starting jobs. Including QB. Including Flozell. Including Newman and Roy Williams.
Make no "job" secure, not only in the off-season, but during the regular season all the way through. You don't produce, you make mental mistakes, you get lazy on special teams, YOU'RE SITTING!!!!
Of course, if we had a coach with nuggets, maybe we could pull that off. But, as long as we got Phillips and the "Vunder-Child" genius OC who play "patty-cake" with the PrimaDonna's, that won't happen. And, as long as we got Jerry running cover for the genius, with all of two years QB-coach-in-Miami (name for me the QB in Miami under Garrett's tenure), nothing will change.
This team doesn't need a "tweak" here or a "change" there, it needs a CATTLE PROD up the arse.................

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489510 said:
Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

we had 13 Pro bowlers last year.

Where do you want to rebuild at?

Why hello Wade.

That was last year. While we dont need to rebuild, we do need to make some changes on this roster. We're underachieving so much this year its not even funny.

And injuries are no excuse. Every team has them.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous that no one appears to be focusing on the most important thing: WINNING THE GAME.

How do you know for certain that none of the team is focusing on the game?

When you view this 'situation' through the prism the media presents there is no guarantee what you are seeing is actually what is going on.

It could very well be that the team is collectively rolling their eyes at the circus atmosphere that has been whipped up this week.

We just don't know for certain.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
cmacch;2489502 said:
Number one, I'm pretty sick of the drama surrounding this team, no matter who is causing it. I think it's ridiculous that no one appears to be focusing on the most important thing: WINNING THE GAME.

Having said that, I honestly think that even if we win tonight (so not counting on it) and make the playoffs (not counting on that either) we are still just not a Super Bowl team. I'm not by any means hoping that we lose, but I think being out of the playoff race will give this team some much needed reevaluation and rebuilding time. Frankly, I don't know if I can handle the heartbreaking "one-and-done" situation we had to deal with last year.

That's just my two cents, anyway. What are your thoughts?
\

Yeah, rebuild.
Delay the Super Bowl one more year.
Give Wade one more chance to lead.
Oh, wait. It's already been done.

Well what you did not mention was that IF THIS TEAM HAD A REAL HC, A LEADER, MAYBE ALL THIS DRAMA WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.
Didya ever think of that???

cmacch

Reaction score
2much2soon;2489921 said:
How do you know for certain that none of the team is focusing on the game?

When you view this 'situation' through the prism the media presents there is no guarantee what you are seeing is actually what is going on.

It could very well be that the team is collectively rolling their eyes at the circus atmosphere that has been whipped up this week.

We just don't know for certain.

The key word in that statement was appears. I never claimed to know for sure either way. From the way this board has looked over the past few days, you would think it was the end of the world.

I have no idea what the team is thinking. I hope you're right, and I hope they are rolling their eyes, but just as we can't be certain that there's a meltdown at Valley Ranch, we can't be certain that this media-created chaos won't affect the game tonight.

We shall see.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489510 said:
Rebuilding?????

Seriously?

we had 13 Pro bowlers last year.

Where do you want to rebuild at?

Wade, is that you?

cmacch

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2489925 said:
\

Yeah, rebuild.
Delay the Super Bowl one more year.
Give Wade one more chance to lead.
Oh, wait. It's already been done.

Well what you did not mention was that IF THIS TEAM HAD A REAL HC, A LEADER, MAYBE ALL THIS DRAMA WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.
Didya ever think of that???

Of course I've thought of that. It's pretty obvious and should go without saying.

But what can be done about it now? Seems a little late to find a REAL HC or a LEADER this season doesn't it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Personnel is not a problem with this team. Regardless of what you "fans" want to believe. We could upgrade the safety position but it's at worst decent. Receiver spot is fine and there's youth there. Defensive end. Canty and Spears have been fine this year. No reason for upgrade there. I guess people just want pro bowlers at every position but these positions need to be filled with youth through the draft.

And for the OP who says this team should be focused on the game who's says they werent? Do you think they just sat back and argued with each other forgetting they had a game this week? This team can win a Super Bowl this year. I think people fail to realize that we just won 3 out of 4 games. And the Steelers performance wasn't lost by a lack of heart. This team can turn this thing around with a win tonight. That's if they haven't given up on the season like the fans have.

cmacch

Reaction score
rocyaice;2489951 said:
Personnel is not a problem with this team. Regardless of what you "fans" want to believe. We could upgrade the safety position but it's at worst decent. Receiver spot is fine and there's youth there. Defensive end. Canty and Spears have been fine this year. No reason for upgrade there. I guess people just want pro bowlers at every position but these positions need to be filled with youth through the draft.

And for the OP who says this team should be focused on the game who's says they werent? Do you think they just sat back and argued with each other forgetting they had a game this week? This team can win a Super Bowl this year. I think people fail to realize that we just won 3 out of 4 games. And the Steelers performance wasn't lost by a lack of heart. This team can turn this thing around with a win tonight. That's if they haven't given up on the season like the fans have.

Yeah, the 3 out of 4 thing is great...until you look at who we played. I understand and appreciate that a win is a win, but SF and SEA were gimmes. We had Pitt wrapped around our finger for a good part of the game last week and we STILL blew it. And you're totally right, we didn't lose for lack of heart, we lost for sheer stupidity and TR's inability to win a game when it really counts.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2489695 said:
I gotta say... I was suprised at the start that the Skins had... but I also thought that "it was just the right fit" Zorn+Skins.

I didnt think they would go downhill like they did. I bought Zorn.

So question is... Is it really his fault?
Or do you really blame that Campbell is a QB that cannot get the ball to those WR's?

Campbell = Quincy v2.0
You obviously don't watch the games. They have the most ******** and predictable playcalling in the league.

1st down:run up the middle
2nd down:run up the middle
3rd down:desperate pass with pressure from all directions
4th down:punt

I fail to say where this is Campbell's fault. Even when he does get the throw off, it's almost always while on the run, or with someone hanging on him. The problem is 0% Campbell, 90% sorry O-line, and 10% receivers not hanging on to passes hitting them in the hands.

I fell for Zorn too, but it was a mirage. he is the worst I have ever seen at time management and playcalling. Completely useless. He sacrificed the game to get Portis enough feeds to shut him the hell up.

Not to mention Sellers getting half his body over the goal line, then being pushed back and still reaching the ball over and having it ruled a fumble. How the hell do you score twice on the same play and not have either one count, even after reviewing it? That's Commanders football there buddy lol.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Extreme;2490028 said:
You obviously don't watch the games. They have the most ******** and predictable playcalling in the league.

1st down:run up the middle
2nd down:run up the middle
3rd down:desperate pass with pressure from all directions
4th down:punt

I fail to say where this is Campbell's fault. Even when he does get the throw off, it's almost always while on the run, or with someone hanging on him. The problem is 0% Campbell, 90% sorry O-line, and 10% receivers not hanging on to passes hitting them in the hands.

I fell for Zorn too, but it was a mirage. he is the worst I have ever seen at time management and playcalling. Completely useless. He sacrificed the game to get Portis enough feeds to shut him the hell up.

Not to mention Sellers getting half his body over the goal line, then being pushed back and still reaching the ball over and having it ruled a fumble. How the hell do you score twice on the same play and not have either one count, even after reviewing it? That's Commanders football there buddy lol.

Regardless of anything - I SAID I was suprised at the "results" of Skins team in the beginning of the year.

Anyway.... 4th place is not bad in the NFC East :p:

No WildCard T-shirt for you this year.... lol

2much2soon

Reaction score
cmacch;2489931 said:
The key word in that statement was appears. I never claimed to know for sure either way. From the way this board has looked over the past few days, you would think it was the end of the world.

I have no idea what the team is thinking. I hope you're right, and I hope they are rolling their eyes, but just as we can't be certain that there's a meltdown at Valley Ranch, we can't be certain that this media-created chaos won't affect the game tonight.

We shall see.

Exactly, we will know more tonight.

Still, this whole thing reminds me of working for a large electronics manufacturer that was a huge employer in my area.
Whenever something controversial was going on (layoffs, restructuring, etc), the local media reported on it understanding it was a big story that affected a lot of people in the area, thus guaranteeing ratings.
While what they reported was often "technically" true, it was reported in a manner that was guaranteed to pump up their own ratings. They added their dramatic element to the stories to generate even more interest.

Pretty much what I suspect is going on in Dallas. I imagine this especially true in regard to the TO/Witten "alteraction".

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2490048 said:
Regardless of anything - I SAID I was suprised at the "results" of Skins team in the beginning of the year.

Anyway.... 4th place is not bad in the NFC East :p:

No WildCard T-shirt for you this year.... lol
Word of advice.....wait until you have something to brag about to brag ;)

You can still win the rest of your games and miss the playoffs, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I have Extreme on ignore but I really don't care anyway. I'm just padding my post count to get to 10,000 tonight.