My meaningless thoughts on the game...

dboyz

Reaction score
Rack said:
Ware has not been a LB in our Nickel D. They may have him moving around, and therefore he has to standup, but he's not a LB.

He's a rusher, standing up or hand down.

Someone post a clip and prove me wrong. But I'm pretty sure Ware hasn't been LB in our nickel (unless we're running a 3-3-5, with Ware was as a LB, but since he's doing nothing but rushing it's basically a 4-2-5 with one of the DEs - Ware - moving around).

That I don't know. Rich can answer that. But Hatcher has played at least some as the RDE in the nickle. However, IIRC he's played or in the tackle position.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack said:
Ware has not been a LB in our Nickel D. They may have him moving around, and therefore he has to standup, but he's not a LB.

He's a rusher, standing up or hand down.

Someone post a clip and prove me wrong. But I'm pretty sure Ware hasn't been LB in our nickel (unless we're running a 3-3-5, with Ware was as a LB, but since he's doing nothing but rushing it's basically a 4-2-5 with one of the DEs - Ware - moving around).

You are the only guy saying Ware wasn't lining up as LB ever. So maybe you should post pictures of our Nickel D prove it?

I am pretty sure Ware lined up a LB few times at least. I am not 100% certian in which formations or which exact downs like Rich is saying though. If you have the game recorded, watch the game again, you probably get that proof yourself..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
You are the only guy saying Ware wasn't lining up as LB ever. So maybe you should post pictures of our Nickel D prove it?

I am pretty sure Ware lined up a LB few times at least. I am not 100% certian in which formations or which exact downs like Rich is saying though. If you have the game recorded, watch the game again, you probably get that proof yourself..

:rolleyes:

If I had the game recorded I would of already watched it.

And you can thank your lucky stars I don't have it recorded (they tend to lose when I record the games).

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack said:

And you can thank your lucky stars I don't have it recorded (they tend to lose when I record the games).
:laugh2:

Well, then you should stop arguing about it then. Especially you seem to be claiming for certain Ware never lined up as LB in Nickel, unless I am understanding what you are saying wrong. If you are disputing that he lined up LB in Nickel majority of the time, then maybe you have point there though. That I am not sure of.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
:laugh2:

Well, then you should stop arguing about it then. Especially you seem to be claiming for certain Ware never lined up as LB in Nickel, unless I am understanding what you are saying wrong. If you are disputing that he lined up LB in Nickel majority of the time, then maybe you have point there though. That I am not sure of.

I'm saying I don't recall him lining up as a LB (a TRUE LB) at all, much less "the majority of the time".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:

Gesus... I thought I was the guy that caused them to lose when I recorded games. Damn!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack said:
I'm saying I don't recall him lining up as a LB (a TRUE LB) at all, much less "the majority of the time".

Well then you recall wrong. Its like Aikman said or someone said "Everyone has photographic memory, but no one has the film to prove it". I guess you don't have one ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Gesus... I thought I was the guy that caused them to lose when I recorded games. Damn!

:lmao:

It's been me this whole time, but don't record any games just incase. I don't want to find out for sure.

Well then you recall wrong. Its like Aikman said or someone said "Everyone has photographic memory, but no one has the film to prove it". I guess you don't have one

Or it could be you guys just don't know what the hell your talking about. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Just scanned through the Jacksonville game and Ware was a stand-up linebacker on nearly every nickel package.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
Just scanned through the Jacksonville game and Ware was a stand-up linebacker on nearly every nickel package.

When someone with credibility posts that, I'll believe it.

;)

Where was he lined up, on the LOS or behind the LOS with the actual LBs?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:
When someone with credibility posts that, I'll believe it.

;)

Where was he lined up, on the LOS or behind the LOS with the actual LBs?
Just behind the left end typically. He was rushing most of the time, though once he covered a TE. In each of the plays I'm referring to there were 2 linebackers standing up -- Ware being one of them. Even if he's rushing it's a nickel package.

I don't understand why you're so emphatic about him never having lined up as a stand up LB in a nickel package. If you watch the games and pay attention you'd see it. ;)