CFZ My Opinion about "27 years"

Jumbo075

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
:laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
The 27 year drought IS the Dallas Cowboys. It’s what defines them at this point. Embrace it.
You the game warden for hunting and fishing now?

He had a point...prove they are losers now and you know how to handle problems before just chunking out insults and crying.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Crap, most of those comments one can hardly even tell if they themselves are 27 and truly understand effort in sports beyond their own hero worship!

CCBoy

Reaction score
He doesn’t like hearing that we’ve been a bottom tier franchise for almost 30 years? Yeah I don’t either but asking for more censorship on this board is outrageous.
Understood but I think he was more to motive and entering a new season. Now it is all on what is done here and now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Mike McCarthy is fired early and quinn takes over.

Then all your arguments are out the window.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Best they need 2 do is OWN the last 27 years. Its the only way they can move forward.
This is a sport, not a money exchange.

The team needs to return to being respected for what they do and meeting those expectations.

Two straight 12 win seasons is the current past picture and this season is just about to start.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure, each season is an island of its own. But we do have the one constant throughout with this monkey on our backs which kinda hovers over us like a blue jersey jinx:)

But 27 years isn’t nothing compared to some franchises. Took Saints 43 years. Pats took 4 decades. Ask the Lions and Browns fans how long it’s been. Lol

We can get excited about our upcoming season while still looking over our shoulder . It is what it is.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I call it "Guilt By Association".

Fans bring up 27 years when this is only Mike McCarthy's fourth try.

Fans blame Dak when the title drought goes back so far it encompasses the last five years of Troy Aikman's career.

There has, however, been one constant with this franchise as we drift farther and farther away from January 28, 1996, and they aren't going anywhere. The Jones boys.

rambo2

Reaction score

Just put the 27 years crowd in the crybaby section.

rambo2

Reaction score
I call it "Guilt By Association".

Fans bring up 27 years when this is only Mike McCarthy's fourth try.

Fans blame Dak when the title drought goes back so far it encompasses the last five years of Troy Aikman's career.

There has, however, been one constant with this franchise as we drift farther and farther away from January 28, 1996, and they aren't going anywhere. The Jones boys.
More than one third of the league has never won a Super Bowl.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He doesn’t like hearing that we’ve been a bottom tier franchise for almost 30 years? Yeah I don’t either but asking for more censorship on this board is outrageous.
Are we just supposed to ignore history like it did not happen?
I am sorry I live in reality.
I enjoy each season, but the 28 year drought hangs like an albatross around Jerry's neck.