CFZ My Opinion about "27 years"

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The longer the drought the sweeter that next rain tastes.

Assuming you survive, of course.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Correct but the standards of the Dallas Cowboys needs to be higher. Some teams are content just winning 10-12 games and making the playoffs.

I remember when the Cowboys were a Super Bowl or bust team. I wouldn't mind a return to that.
Sure , but we haven’t been that franchise for decades . Only in name .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s all types of fans. Just attend a game and you’ll see how many different ways fans express themselves. Some I wouldn't want to sit next to. And definitely wouldn’t invite them over.

I was a season ticket holder for 4 decades . We had to kick out more Cowboy fans than opponents fans.

I’m not really sure why some fans get so distraught over how others express themselves. Some cheer, some boo, some whine, etc,

Just conduct yourself within the law or in this case the rules. Ignore others and in this forum can focus on subjects which interest you . And you might not be able to win all arguments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. The 2007 team was the best chance we had at a title since. That roster was loaded and it just didn't happen. I still have regrets from that season.
I hear ya.

But the bigger point is we don’t have an owner who’s doing everything in his power to win staying in the way with his embarrassing BS.

This has not been a championship class caliber franchise since Jimmy left.

Does it mean we can’t win again. No, there’s always hope.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly! 10 seasons wasted on Jerry's hand picked next Tom Landry.
I hope one didn't have children, but if there were, I hope they were the smartest, biggest, fastest and most competitive in the school environment, because your knowledge of achieving here would have punished them instead.

Fan of sport...naw. Not in the same sentence here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hear ya.

But the bigger point is we don’t have an owner who’s doing everything in his power to win staying in the way with his embarrassing BS.

This has not been a championship class caliber franchise since Jimmy left.

Does it mean we can’t win again. No, there’s always hope.
The issue was 9. He wasn't focused. We were ready. Thats the truth.

CWR

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.

Same old Cowboys is a bit ridiculous in the modern era. Teams churn nearly 30% of the roster each offseason. It's unfair to blame Parsons for Romo mishandling the field goal snap and so on.

I understand how everyone feels about the drought though.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I call it "Guilt By Association".

Fans bring up 27 years when this is only Mike McCarthy's fourth try.

Fans blame Dak when the title drought goes back so far it encompasses the last five years of Troy Aikman's career.

There has, however, been one constant with this franchise as we drift farther and farther away from January 28, 1996, and they aren't going anywhere. The Jones boys.
The problem with saying is the Jones boys is that would imply they have not changed over 27 years.

Y’all said he was wildcat too much and doing too many trades. So he stopped. Now y’all complain when he doesn’t make them

Y’all complained that he relied to much on signing FA and they never worked out. Now y’all mad cause he won’t spend money on FA

Y’all complained saying he was being overly involved and wouldn’t hire the right people to help us draft better. Now y’all just say every good pick is someone else, and every bust is Jerry’s pick

Y’all complained that he didn’t hire real coaches and only puppets. Yet he hired both bill parcels and Mike Mcarthy. (Jason Garett is just weird, who really knows what that was)

It’s like jeez. He’s changed and grown over the last 27 years but at the end of the day he’s not the guys on the field. Our success is not based on whether he talks on a radio station or brags on some interview. It’s whether the refs will call a catch a catch, or whether they will not call phantom PI on game ending INT. There isn’t one reason we haven’t made a SB in 27 years. There are many and it’s high time fans just accept, every season is different and will have differ results

Except 2001-2003

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The problem with saying is the Jones boys is that would imply they have not changed over 27 years.

Y’all said he was wildcat too much and doing too many trades. So he stopped. Now y’all complain when he doesn’t make them

Y’all complained that he relied to much on signing FA and they never worked out. Now y’all mad cause he won’t spend money on FA

Y’all complained saying he was being overly involved and wouldn’t hire the right people to help us draft better. Now y’all just say every good pick is someone else, and every bust is Jerry’s pick

Y’all complained that he didn’t hire real coaches and only puppets. Yet he hired both bill parcels and Mike Mcarthy. (Jason Garett is just weird, who really knows what that was)

It’s like jeez. He’s changed and grown over the last 27 years but at the end of the day he’s not the guys on the field. Our success is not based on whether he talks on a radio station or brags on some interview. It’s whether the refs will call a catch a catch, or whether they will not call phantom PI on game ending INT. There isn’t one reason we haven’t made a SB in 27 years. There are many and it’s high time fans just accept, every season is different and will have differ results

Except 2001-2003
Excellent post. And for some reason it's always something that stops the Cowboys in their tracks, like you said. From the Dez non-catch to blown calls by the officials.

Remember the 49ers' fumble that would have given Dallas the ball at the two minute warning, down 23-17, in the playoffs two years ago? The Cowboys were out of challenges and the refs blew the call.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s always the well known haters who put out the 27 years because it’s hard to argue against it. Same with Dak, it’s always about the playoffs and it’s always his fault. I’ve got most of them on ignore.

rambo2

Reaction score
Correct but the standards of the Dallas Cowboys needs to be higher. Some teams are content just winning 10-12 games and making the playoffs.

I remember when the Cowboys were a Super Bowl or bust team. I wouldn't mind a return to that.
It is higher.