My Opinion on Terence Newman's Comments

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
41gy#;2486028 said:
I could be wrong, but I think Newman is frustrated with the offense's sloppy play. Think about the game they just lost.

I think Newman definately called out Phillips. Perhaps, he doesn't see Phillips holding Garrett or Romo accountable.

I wonder what he was saying earlier in the year when the defense was sucking wind and the offense was keeping us in games.

I doubt he was going to ESPN screaming for accountability.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Ozzu;2486045 said:
I wonder what he was saying earlier in the year when the defense was sucking wind and the offense was keeping us in games.

I doubt he was going to ESPN screaming for accountability.

We were also 13-3, it was all good.

Last year-I really hated it when Newman went on Sirius and started making threats against Jon Kitna.

Honestly-Kitna didn't say anything bad when he gave his *opinions* on our playoff game with Seattle 2 years ago. I mean the reporter guy merely asked him what he thought, and he just answered his questions.

Wood

Reaction score
your a joke bro...seriously....if you think tnew was in the right to get his point accross to players and coaches thru the media...then there is nothing that is gonna save you.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2485946 said:
Why did TNew voluntarily call ESPN and start yapping? I don't get that. When answering questions at his locker, he seemed level-headed and wasn't taking the bait, which makes calling ESPN all the more strange.

I don't think he called them, but I don't think he thought about not answering their call for even 2 seconds this morning.

He is in good with ESPN these days and someday will be working for them just like Darren Woodson.

The man is just like the rest of the players on this team, or most anyway, who can't say no when a mic gets put in front of them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2485796 said:
TNew was doing a locker room interview today with our friends the media. He came out answering for what he stated this morning. He started "next question" to someone, I believe it might have been Watkins? He also after rehashing all the info a couple of times, he then started answering only questions related to this upcoming game. At the end of it, he got up left, as Werder came over. He pretty much stared him down as he starts walking away. Its at the 8:41 of the 8:42 clip.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=2DD1A17C-FA7F-CCBA-7C764C06E5B31FD1

He was giving Ed Werder the next question treatment. :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Look, the bottom line is that as the click continues to tick it be comes clearer and clearer that Wade Phillips as HC was a colossal mistake...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newman - big mouth.
Ellis - big mouth.
Crayton - big mouth.
Owens - big mouth
James - big mouth.

Buncha whiners.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Sarge;2486274 said:
Newman - big mouth.
Ellis - big mouth.
Crayton - big mouth.
Owens - big mouth
James - big mouth.

Buncha whiners.

:hammer: :hammer:

Add to that, bunch of self appointed Team Leaders, who don't have a clue about being one.

Bottom line, they are not leaders, but so far have to be proven to be whiners first and losers next. They crack at every chance. Its not about play on the field I am talking about. But about their Mental Midgetery, when faces with adversity.

Sick and tired of this team. TNEW got his money, so he decides he can open his mouth, because Jerry can't cut him that easy. And Jerry is biggest enabler, by letting TO get his antics. But I am sure Media is to blame for everything :rolleyes:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Panch;2485828 said:
Bottom line is both him, Bradie and "Anonymous Players" need to shut their mouth. They didnt help situations in the least. Say what you want about the Patriots, but how many times do you see stuff like this happen in New England? One of the major reasons they have been the most consistent team of the decade is that the locker room leadership is always there. Same thing with the 90's Boys despite all the drama that happened outside of football. Irvin had his issues off the field, but he always kept them off the field and remained a leader for others despite his flaws. Who's that on this team? Who's that guy who's gonna step up in front of the entire locker room and say "Whoever these anonymous players are running their mouthes are gonna have to answer to me and this whole locker room"? Where is that? Cause it's for damn sure not with the owner or the coaches.
yes this is all true!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess i'm one of the few who don't have a problem with Newman's comments.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487098 said:

Well, good for you then. I guess its ok to call out coaches in public, instead of talking to them in Private and if need be, yelling at them in private instead of publicaly calling them out.

I have yet to see any team, whose players call out Coaches in public, succeed ( when I mean succeed, have success in playoffs etc.). But hey, thats just me, each to their own opinion though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan;2487337 said:
Well, good for you then. I guess its ok to call out coaches in public, instead of talking to them in Private and if need be, yelling at them in private instead of publicaly calling them out.

I have yet to see any team, whose players call out Coaches in public, succeed ( when I mean succeed, have success in playoffs etc.). But hey, thats just me, each to their own opinion though.
His overall comments were more realistic than the "See no evil, hear no evil" responses coming out Valley ranch.

Would I have preferred him to keep certain comments in-house? Sure. But if he's not, I'd rather hear what he really feels than more head in the sand comments.

It's not like he called out specific coaches nor provided specific examples. Just that some coaches were being hypocritical. His best comment to me is that these guys don't have to like one another nor hang together off the field, but they have to respect each other cuz they have a job to do.

That's just me, tho.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487348 said:
His overall comments were more realistic than the "See no evil, hear no evil" responses coming out Valley ranch.

Would I have preferred him to keep certain comments in-house? Sure. But if he's not, I'd rather hear what he really feels than more head in the sand comments.

It's not like he called out specific coaches nor provided specific examples. Just that some coaches were being hypocritical. His best comment to me is that these guys don't have to like one another nor hang together off the field, but they have to respect each other cuz they have a job to do.

That's just me, tho.

That pretty much a give a away, that this team, is not a team. Its not just his calling of his coaches, but that commented highlighted the fact that, this team has issues. Forget Werder, TO etc. that says volumes.

And second, its ok to critisize coaches, but there is a time and a place to do it. Especially when you have a Head Coach, who continously takes the blame for everything wrong, and gets blamed by media for doing that. And you have a player, who says Coaches never take blame? So if Head Coach is not the one to blame, in his case, he should kept it in house, and addressed it to the coaches.

His comments not only put every coach in poor light, but now everyone will question them. When they had tough coaches they were too tough, but now coaches are not accountable? Are there coaches in NFL, that will ever make these primadonnas happy? Seems like soft or Tough, don't work with Cowboys players. Its always coaches to blame...

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487337 said:

Did Phillips call Newman out in public? The coach who takes the blame for mistakes and covers for players.

He should practice what he preaches.

Who is in charge of this team?

It should be Wade Phillips.

Perhaps, Newman is calling Phillips out and wants him to make Garrett accountable for some of his dubious play calling, game management, game plans, and handling of Tony Romo.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
41gy#;2487373 said:
Did Phillips call Newman out in public? The coach who takes the blame for mistakes and covers for players.

He should practice what he preaches.

Who is in charge of this team?

It should be Wade Phillips.

Perhaps, Newman is calling Phillips out and wants him to make Garrett accountable for some of his dubious play calling, game management, game plans, and handling of Tony Romo.

Who the heck is Newman to call out Phillips or Garrett? He doesn't have enough skins to do that. Sure he is darn good player, sure loved him till now. He doesn't play offense.

Newman, should worry about his job and do it good. There is no question, Newman's Third down, job screwup, was the main reason, that got Pitt going. So Phillips said that. Phillips never called him out. He just said, that third down should not happened.

Bill Parcells used to do that numerous times. But Newman didn't have the guts to say anything then. But now, with TO, talking to Deion, and Jerry/Phillips supporting TO, they created a monster. So, its mainly Jerry/Phillips fault.

And finally, Newman shut keep his trap shut about Tony Romo. I am not a big fan of Romo, but without Romo, this team is nowhere. This is rediculous, to even think, TNew should be trying to set Offense right or calling out Offensive coaches, if thats what he did.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan;2487368 said:
That pretty much a give a away, that this team, is not a team. Its not just his calling of his coaches, but that commented highlighted the fact that, this team has issues. Forget Werder, TO etc. that says volumes.
Funny, I think totally different. I think you can still be a team even if you don't care for a person on a personal level. When it comes to the job at hand, you can be on the same page.

And second, its ok to critisize coaches, but there is a time and a place to do it. Especially when you have a Head Coach, who continously takes the blame for everything wrong, and gets blamed by media for doing that. And you have a player, who says Coaches never take blame? So if Head Coach is not the one to blame, in his case, he should kept it in house, and addressed it to the coaches.

His comments not only put every coach in poor light, but now everyone will question them. When they had tough coaches they were too tough, but now coaches are not accountable? Are there coaches in NFL, that will ever make these primadonnas happy? Seems like soft or Tough, don't work with Cowboys players. Its always coaches to blame...
Some people have been been questioning the coaches from day one. I don't see how that's any different from status quo.

Newman could've kept the coach accountability comments to himself, but like I said, when I read his comments in their entirety, I just didn't have a problem with them.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487393 said:
Funny, I think totally different. I think you can still be a team even if you don't care for a person on a personal level. When it comes to the job at hand, you can be on the same page.

Yeah, you can be team. You never achieve the ultimate goal, without being a team, and liking each other, even if you are not best of buddies, you never can be that Super team. There are plenty of examples for that and I am sure you ask any team that has won SB, that they all say the same thing. That team was close knit group. But to win in Regular season or win couple of playoffs games, I am sure you can be a team without liking each other.

Some people have been been questioning the coaches from day one. I don't see how that's any different from status quo.

Newman could've kept the coach accountability comments to himself, but like I said, when I read his comments in their entirety, I just didn't have a problem with them.

The Some people are people in media and fans. Which is fine. But when players start doing that, that pretty much means, kiss the season good bye. Now its one thing to question Scheme or playing aggressive etc. But to start blaming coaches for accountability, thats pretty much saying, you don't respect coaches. Which pretty much means, what I said before, that they don't like these coaches.

So they had Bill Parcells, who was too tough and now they have Wade Phillips who is too soft, but then he says one thing in public, all of sudden he is not an accountable guy or his coaches are not accountable guys. Pretty much seems like public whining to me. But lets see, what this team does.We shall see, whose concept of team will be the right one.

If Cowboys do end up having a special season, I will agree I am wrong. But if not, I think, this is start of another cowboys team decline and coach's firing.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've had Parcells who was a hard guy to deal with. We've had Phillips who is an easy guy to deal with.

Same results.

What is the common denominator?

Players.

Execute and all the proboems go away. So, shut up and play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487098 said:
I'm with you Miss Stunning Christmas Avatar.