Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Class of 2015 includes.......

Green Day..
Joan Jett...
SRV........
Bill Withers.......
Lou Reed......

Deep Purple still isn't in and you put in Joan Jett and Green Day seriously? Green Day stinks and should be nothing more than a pimple on the rear of rock history and Joan Jett jeeesh almighty her biggest hits were covers of other peoples songs.
What a joke........
Of course we all knew that when Madonna was inducted.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
never really payed attention to the R & R hall of fame.

A band that had multiple lineup incarnations might be penalized for the lack of continuity?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Green Day..
Joan Jett...
SRV........
Bill Withers.......
Lou Reed......

Deep Purple still isn't in and you put in Joan Jett and Green Day seriously? Green Day stinks and should be nothing more than a pimple on the rear of rock history and Joan Jett jeeesh almighty her biggest hits were covers of other peoples songs.
What a joke........

Green Day has been relevant for 20+ years.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of relevant I suppose......
They have been around for 20+ years which isn't the same as being relevant.

Obviously, you just don't like them.

1. They are insanely popular.
2. They are a rock band.
3. They have been around for 2 decades.

I think that should be enough.

They are one of the world's best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide.[9] The group has won five Grammy Awards: Best Alternative Album for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot, Record of the Year for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", Best Rock Album for the second time for 21st Century Breakdown and Best Musical Show Album for American Idiot: The Original Broadway Cast Recording. In 2010, a stage adaptation of American Idiot debuted on Broadway. The musical was nominated for three Tony Awards: Best Musical, Best Scenic Design and Best Lighting Design, losing only the first. Also in 2010, Green Day were ranked number 91 in the VH1 list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".[10]

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

Green Day..
Joan Jett...
SRV........
Bill Withers.......
Lou Reed......

What a joke........

Couldn't agree more. Then again the R&R HOF is a joke so who cares? DP deserves to get in on Child In Time alone.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Green Day..
Joan Jett...
SRV........
Bill Withers.......
Lou Reed......

What a joke........

Joan Jett - awesome rocker chick. You must be crazy!

RRHOF is a joke. Purple should be in. Doesn't mean JJ shouldn't be.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hall of Shame.

Took them years to add Kiss, Sabbath and Alice Cooper.

Groups like Public Enemy and Melle Mel and Furious Five are in...which I love both groups but they are in no way shape of form Rock and Roll.

Iron Maiden and Judas Priest have not made it in yet.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They built the damn thing in Cleveland. Really? Just like the NFL HOF (which is in Ohio also) there isn't a lot to get excited about.

I really don't pay attention to music outside of the music itself. I can't even tell you the names of anyone in most bands I just know the band name.

I'm interested in the music but not much else outside of it.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

Green Day..
Joan Jett...
SRV........
Bill Withers.......
Lou Reed......

What a joke........

Who the heck is Bill Withers? And Madonna is there already. Yea she's really rock and roll. :confused:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Must be long ago. I've never heard it!

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone? It's not warm when she's away? It is old, but you've heard it. It's been covered several times including a version from Tracy Chapman and Eric Clapton. Withers was a really good R&B singer in the 70's that also recorded Lean On Me and Just The Two Of Us.