My Super Bowl analysis

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
You have to establish possesion to score a TD. He never got a second foot down to establish that possesion. That second foot is the one that kicked the pylon. If he would have established possesion before that, then yes it would have been a TD.
The pylon is in bounds. If you kick that it is the same as stepping in bounds.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
devotedfan said:
They didn't earn crap. Their saving grace was 'Kimo the cow' rolling over Palmers knee in what was surely going to be a Bengal ***-kicking. :mad:

You can be mad all you want but it does not change the fact the steelers went out and won games in the playoffs no one handed them anything. I did not want to see Pitt win but the fact is they earned what they got. You can be a spoiled sport or sore loser all you want but I refuse to stoop to that level.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The pylon is in bounds. If you kick that it is the same as stepping in bounds.

No, it is not. The pylon is considered the plane of the goal line, but it is not in bounds as far as establishing possesion on the field.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If the Steelers and SEahawks are sooooo bad....what's that say about the Dallas Cowboys?

Oh yeah, they stink and are the worst teams to ever play for a championship, but the mighty Cowboys under Parcells were just unlucky. No injury to the great Flozell Adams and we'd have won that dang SB.

Yeah, right....whatever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
If the Steelers and SEahawks are sooooo bad....what's that say about the Dallas Cowboys?

Oh yeah, they stink and are the worst teams to ever play for a championship, but the mighty Cowboys under Parcells were just unlucky. No injury to the great Flozell Adams and we'd have won that dang SB.

Yeah, right....whatever.

I agree. Both Sea and Pitt played 16 games went to the playoffs out played the teams in the playoffs and went to the SB because they earned it. All this complaining sounds like sour grapes.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Point is that on a good day we beat either one of those teams. Had we had a decent kicker we beat seattle this year. Both teams played like crap.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Point is that on a good day we beat either one of those teams. Had we had a decent kicker we beat seattle this year. Both teams played like crap.
On a good day, most teams in the NFL could beat Seattle when they don't put the ball in the endzone and most teams could beat Pittsburgh when Ben has such a poor game.

Unfortunately, on a good day, we should have beaten the NY Giants when the division was at stake, and on a good day we should have beaten the Commanders when our playoff lives were at stake, and on a good day we should have had more pride and beaten the Rams when the game meant nothing to either team....unfortunately, we don't have a team that has very many good days....we mustered up embarrassingly bad days every time the game meant something.

Therefore I'm not going to knock either of these teams or pretend we could have won the SB when we couldn't win a game to get into the playoffs when other teams were trying to give it to us.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree. Seahawks had their oppertunties and did not make the plays. Hasslebecks int was the back breaker for the Hawks.

Hasselbeck was awful and Roethlisberger was hardly better.

Just goes to show that it's NOT all about the QB...

ermm

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Hasselbeck was awful and Roethlisberger was hardly better.

Just goes to show that it's NOT all about the QB...

ermm

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE QB.

I have been saying that for a long time. There are many awards given out to individuals based on their play but the Lombardi Trophy goes to the best team and it takes a team to win it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

Yeah, right....whatever.

No, Dallas wasn't unlucky, they just weren't good enough. Flozell makes Dallas better,but probably still not good enough to win it all. There are still some pieces missing even in today's NFL. Amazingly, they still are close. Even with a healthy Flozell, Crayton, JJ, Dat, Henry and whomever else was injured Dallas still may not win it and if they did, I still would not think of them as a great team. Just a team that won the Superbowl in today's NFL. The league has changed in the last decade. Very good teams can win the Superbowl nowadays. It doesn't take a great team to win anymore. Dallas is not a very good team yet. Just average.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
As I sit here and read all of these opinion, not all together wrong BTW, I can't help but ask the question.

What did we all expect? I mean, many say the Pats were great champions, and to an extent, I suppose I see the argument but honestly, were they really great? I mean, they never beat anybody by more then 3 points in any of there SBs. They didn't hold anybody to under two TDs. I mean, the accomplishment was great and the fact that they did it in the salary cap era was extrodinary, IMO, but was the team really that great? TB was dominating but one and done. Not great IMO. Baltimore was basically the same thing IMO. St. Louise one and really, came within a yard of never doing that. A truely great offense IMO but not a great team. Denver, with Elway and TD was a great team, IMO. They had a balanced offense and decent defense. Not dominating but decent. GB, again, was a great team even thou they only won one IMO. They had the misfortune of being good when both the Cowboys and the 49rs were superior for a stretch of 4 to 5 years. A different time and they may very well have won more championships. I think they were a great team. Having said that, the Broncos and the Packers were teams that were early into the Cap/FA era. The cap was around but it had not really balanced the league yet. In short, mediocraty had not become known as the "NFL" as it has today.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the league has strove to create balance. Mediocraty, IMO. Nobody is head and shoulders above the rest. Any given year, 10 teams can make a single move and win a championship. There are no teams that are top to bottom great IMO. All have weakness and all play not to lose. Nobody really dominates on both sides of the ball anymore. It is exactly what the NFL wanted to create. Average.

:hammer:

devotedfan

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You can be mad all you want but it does not change the fact the steelers went out and won games in the playoffs no one handed them anything. I did not want to see Pitt win but the fact is they earned what they got. You can be a spoiled sport or sore loser all you want but I refuse to stoop to that level.
No one handed them anything??????????? Did you watch the SB?? You might want to try Lasix surgery. If you think they earned that then I have a piece of property in Florida you might be interested in that you need a good outboard motor to cut the front lawn. Between the 'phantom touchdown' by Hamburger, that vicious pushoff by DJ, the cross body Hasselbach threw, Locklear 'hog-tying' his man on the pass to JS at the two, JS dropping several passes right in his hands,.... oh ya, they earned it. If that helps you,...:lmao:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
devotedfan said:
No one handed them anything??????????? Did you watch the SB?? You might want to try Lasix surgery. If you think they earned that then I have a piece of property in Florida you might be interested in that you need a good outboard motor to cut the front lawn. Between the 'phantom touchdown' by Hamburger, that vicious pushoff by DJ, the cross body Hasselbach threw, Locklear 'hog-tying' his man on the pass to JS at the two, JS dropping several passes right in his hands,.... oh ya, they earned it. If that helps you,...:lmao:

How about the fumble by Stevens that was ruled incomplete. Look Radio you can believe what ever you want and yes I watched the game questionable call yes but again I think the stevens call was very questionable as well. Refs did not make Hasslebeck throw a boneheaded int late in the game and they sure as hell did not make Stevens drop some easy passes. Seattle can blame themselfs for their own lack of execution.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
As I sit here and read all of these opinion, not all together wrong BTW, I can't help but ask the question.

What did we all expect? I mean, many say the Pats were great champions, and to an extent, I suppose I see the argument but honestly, were they really great? I mean, they never beat anybody by more then 3 points in any of there SBs. They didn't hold anybody to under two TDs. I mean, the accomplishment was great and the fact that they did it in the salary cap era was extrodinary, IMO, but was the team really that great? TB was dominating but one and done. Not great IMO. Baltimore was basically the same thing IMO. St. Louise one and really, came within a yard of never doing that. A truely great offense IMO but not a great team. Denver, with Elway and TD was a great team, IMO. They had a balanced offense and decent defense. Not dominating but decent. GB, again, was a great team even thou they only won one IMO. They had the misfortune of being good when both the Cowboys and the 49rs were superior for a stretch of 4 to 5 years. A different time and they may very well have won more championships. I think they were a great team. Having said that, the Broncos and the Packers were teams that were early into the Cap/FA era. The cap was around but it had not really balanced the league yet. In short, mediocraty had not become known as the "NFL" as it has today.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the league has strove to create balance. Mediocraty, IMO. Nobody is head and shoulders above the rest. Any given year, 10 teams can make a single move and win a championship. There are no teams that are top to bottom great IMO. All have weakness and all play not to lose. Nobody really dominates on both sides of the ball anymore. It is exactly what the NFL wanted to create. Average.

Post of the day........

The NFL as it is today is selling us a very mediocre product. It's the same as substituting Mr Pibb (or whatever the heck it is)....for Dr Pepper. ;)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
devotedfan said:
I have a piece of property in Florida you might be interested in that you need a good outboard motor to cut the front lawn.

Really? Where's it at? We might be neighbors.......