My thoughts 5-3

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'll be damned for accepting that I'm wrong and eating crow.
Also, I didn't say he would disrupt the locker room, I said he would CHANGE it (you took it the wrong way by thinking I SAID it negatively). I did say he looked like he didn't want to be there. He showed some passion after last night, so I was wrong.

His body language at the start to me kinda felt this way. But i think it was more just not being familiar playing with this team. He's a reserved person so i think it just took some time to let loose. When he did I saw exactly what i expected to see.

Only thing i didnt like had nothing to do with him, and thats why is Collins starting over him?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
and same can be said about SF and NE....NE played one tough team and they got taken to the shed.....

with that said, my expectations at this point of the season was to be 6-2....we are 5-3 and its the dang Jets loss that stings....

Pats also beat the 6-2 Bills and SF has beaten the 5-3 Rams and the 5-3 Panthers and since your trying to be picky about it the Pats also beat a Jets a team that owned our ***

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pats also beat the 6-2 Bills and SF has beaten the 5-3 Rams and the 5-3 Panthers and since your trying to be picky about it the Pats also beat a Jets a team that owned our ***
I am not denying we should be better....but I also don't buy this thing that we suck and can only beat and play against craapy teams while all others are these super team, with super coaches that do no wrong....

we did beat a 5-4 eagles team...in fact dominated them.....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
5-3 is a good thing but lets be real, we beat the Giants twice, Skins once and the Dolphins our only win out of the 5 that was against a competent team was the Eagles and i think we caught them on a bad night and alot of injuries. We really haven't beaten anybody yet. The meat of our schedule is coming up and from what i have seen thru 8 games i say it's 50/50 that we wind up the season at either 8-8 or 9-7 (hope i'm wrong? but i just don't see us being much better than that. Anybody here really think we looked good as a team last night?

It’s like many other seasons over the last 25 years.

5-3 but we could be 7-1
5-3 but we could be 3-5

I honestly have no idea what this team is.,. Actually based on your post I do have an idea. We beat bad teams (except Jets) and we lose to good teams.

Not a good way to be... with this talent we have.

Praxit

Reaction score
..you forgot most important stat? The Black Cat. He was the MVP. ;)..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lets not forget the refs blew a blatant PI on NO that would have given Dallas pts. IDK if it wouldve been a win but those pts determined the game.

Lets not forget the numerous calls that didnt get called on GB. It happenes every game when these two play. Dallas gets called for 80% of the flags when these two play. The Dez catch non catch, the double hold on Irving. And these non calls that happened right in front of refs looking right at the play.

Vs the Jets Witten getting mugged in the endzone.

Now maybe the team shouldnt let the game come down to a play like this, or a missed call. But thats besides the point, the fact is these non calls happened to this team in these games. And those non calls affected the game, as have alot of other calls in other games determined the outcome. My point being is the officiating is bad in the NFL today. Lazy calls and lazy attention to the game. As Arians said this week, officials arent being held accountable. Instead the league puts its puppet Blandino on air to cover up for these refs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gonna start with the new guy on the block, Michael Bennett.

Stat line
3tackles 1 sack 2 TFL 4 QB hits

This is a great game considering its his first game and he's getting acclimated to his teammates. He never stops moving. He had a couple penalties but thats him. He's had them penalties his entire career because he pushes the limit on lining up right on the LOS. Thats his game, as he wants to put pressure on that guy in front of him. He got into Jones' head the first time he hit him. Drove him right into the ground, and you saw it later in the game where Jones saw Bennett coming free and panic'd into a bad throw.

You saw him get comfortable with his teammates as the game went on too. Thats the biggest part of the night for me. You could tell at the start he looked to be closed off of sorts. But the more he played you could see him open up and got comfortable with them and started celebrating and letting loose. Thats when you started to see him become a nightmare for the OL. They just couldnt block him and he was in the backfield all night. This guy is going to only get better and i think we're going to see alot of sacks coming for this DL. 5 sacks lastnight, and the giants have a good OL.

Jourdan Lewis, is Dallas' best CB. He is basically the only CB who isnt getting beat. He understands the system and he locks up WRs, and puts hits on in the run game. He's always around the ball and isnt afraid to get dirty. How this kid was being sat in favor of Brown IMO is just a case of a stubborn coach stuck in his own way. BIggest problem this team has the coaches unwilling to think outside their own box.

Sean Lee, balled out lastnight and son'd Barkley all night. So much that Barkley didnt want no part of him in the 4th. We saw just what made Lee so good, unmatched instincts and fluid pursuit. Vander Esch didnt even enter my thoughts lastnight.

Demarcus Lawrence, has had a ressurgence and had a monster game lastnight aswell. Him and Bennett are a perfect match for eachother. The way they started using them interchanging them inside and outside give this team a different look teams are going to have to start game planning for.

Respect for Robert Quinn. Hernandez was acting like a you know all game, and Quinn had enough grabbed him by the facemask and treated him like a little kid holding him there in front of everybody. Hernandez didnt cause anymore problems after that.

Martin, Frederick and Williams are coming together and are starting to dominate teams. Williams and Martin when pulling is a thing a beauty.

You can see just how much Witten loves this organization. He's not going to beat anybody deep, but nobody expected that. But, even at 37 nobody can cover him in the flats and across the middle. They try but they just cant. His blocking has been incredible this yr.

Gotta respect Jarwin aswell. He should be starting but he knows his place and what Witten means so taking the backseat for now without causing any problems.

Looking forward to this next month for this team. All great games.

Its absolutely amazing how you put a real DT in there and get Heath out of there and the defense magically starts balling. LOL

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not denying we should be better....but I also don't buy this thing that we suck and can only beat and play against craapy teams while all others are these super team, with super coaches that do no wrong....

we did beat a 5-4 eagles team...in fact dominated them.....

Don't take it personally, until we start beating some good teams you shouldn't be really impressed with who we have beaten. If we were as good a team as the Pats or 49's (who you brought up before) we would be 7-1 against the teams we have played so far. I hope we run the table but in when i look at it i really don't see us going any better than 9-7 this season, i hope i'm wrong

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lets not forget the refs blew a blatant PI on NO that would have given Dallas pts. IDK if it wouldve been a win but those pts determined the game.

Lets not forget the numerous calls that didnt get called on GB. It happenes every game when these two play. Dallas gets called for 80% of the flags when these two play. The Dez catch non catch, the double hold on Irving. And these non calls that happened right in front of refs looking right at the play.

Vs the Jets Witten getting mugged in the endzone.

Now maybe the team shouldnt let the game come down to a play like this, or a missed call. But thats besides the point, the fact is these non calls happened to this team in these games. And those non calls affected the game, as have alot of other calls in other games determined the outcome. My point being is the officiating is bad in the NFL today. Lazy calls and lazy attention to the game. As Arians said this week, officials arent being held accountable. Instead the league puts its puppet Blandino on air to cover up for these refs.

lets not forget we weren't playing against Drew Brees and one blown call does not excuse a 10 point effort by the offense. Refs are always an easy excuse around here, i got news for you every teams has calls go against them every week, we didn't lose any of those games because of those calls we lost them because we got outplayed by the teams we were playing

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lets not forget we weren't playing against Drew Brees and one blown call does not excuse a 10 point effort by the offense. Refs are always an easy excuse around here, i got news for you every teams has calls go against them every week, we didn't lose any of those games because of those calls we lost them because we got outplayed by the teams we were playing
i guess you didnt read the part when i mentioned every team goes thru this. And the other part when i said the team should;ve never allowed it to get to that point when a missed call could play in the outcome.

But those missed calls did in fact play into why the team lost.

The missed calls arent a Cowboys conspiracy thing, its a league problem and too many game outcomes are being decideed by zebras and not players.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
[QUOTE="LatinMind, post: 9647787, member: 2868"]i guess you didnt read the part when i mentioned every team goes thru this. And the other part when i said the team should;ve never allowed it to get to that point when a missed call could play in the outcome.

But those missed calls did in fact play into why the team lost.

The missed calls arent a Cowboys conspiracy thing, its a league problem and too many game outcomes are being decideed by zebras and not players.[/QUOTE]

I did and i missed that part!

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't take it personally, until we start beating some good teams you shouldn't be really impressed with who we have beaten. If we were as good a team as the Pats or 49's (who you brought up before) we would be 7-1 against the teams we have played so far. I hope we run the table but in when i look at it i really don't see us going any better than 9-7 this season, i hope i'm wrong

it’s always the grass is greener with you types. I’ll bet you haven’t watched 3 whole games of either of those teams playing, you’re just going for their records

shabazz

Reaction score
Nicely written thread but how is it possible to sum up the important parts of a 5-3 season and not even a mention of the player who's demanding 33-35 million dollars a year? Shouldn't he, in fact be the cornerstone of this 5-3 season summary?.............very telling that the bus driver doesn't even rate one comment

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure. Well if that’s the case the your logic is nonsense. The pats can’t be good because they’ve played nobody and the good team they did play just smacked them (the ravens)

Like i said the Pats have also beaten a 6-2 football team, you keep ignoring that little fact and like i said the 49's have beaten 2 teams with winning records the Rams and Panthers, neither of those teams has lost to a team like the Jets either

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like i said the Pats have also beaten a 6-2 football team, you keep ignoring that little fact and like i said the 49's have beaten 2 teams with winning records the Rams and Panthers, neither of those teams has lost to a team like the Jets either

the bills had the ball on the final drive of the game with a chance to win. With a backup qb in the game because Allen had gotten hurt. Whoop de freaking do. And got dog walked by the Ravens. And the cowboys beat the eagles who destroyed that same 6-2 bills team. So again your logic makes no sense

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
5-3 is a good thing but lets be real, we beat the Giants twice, Skins once and the Dolphins our only win out of the 5 that was against a competent team was the Eagles and i think we caught them on a bad night and alot of injuries. We really haven't beaten anybody yet. The meat of our schedule is coming up and from what i have seen thru 8 games i say it's 50/50 that we wind up the season at either 8-8 or 9-7 (hope i'm wrong? but i just don't see us being much better than that. Anybody here really think we looked good as a team last night?

Same could be said for the NE Patriots. 8-1 - who did they beat? Steelers, Dolphins, Jets (twice), Bills, Skins, Giants, & Cleveland? All weak except the Bills...
Then they got stuffed by the best team they played (Ravens). You gotta beat the teams you are supposed to beat and try to split (or better) the good teams to get in the playoffs. We are a good team (and were dominating the weak teams early on), just had a couple slow starts, and some unlucky breaks along the way (and some injuries). We could easily be 7-1, with the 2 point losses to Jets and Saints (with missed FGs), and a missed 2 pt conv. This is the NFL. We have the personnel to go all the way. And yes, after the slow start, we looked like a good team.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Same could be said for the NE Patriots. 8-1 - who did they beat? Steelers, Dolphins, Jets (twice), Bills, Skins, Giants, & Cleveland? All weak except the Bills...
Then they got stuffed by the best team they played (Ravens). You gotta beat the teams you are supposed to beat and try to split (or better) the good teams to get in the playoffs. We are a good team (and were dominating the weak teams early on), just had a couple slow starts, and some unlucky breaks along the way (and some injuries). We could easily be 7-1, with the 2 point losses to Jets and Saints (with missed FGs), and a missed 2 pt conv. This is the NFL. We have the personnel to go all the way. And yes, after the slow start, we looked like a good team.

Your right except the Pats are 8-1 and they beat the teams they are suppose to beat. so they lost to a good team in the Ravens alot of teams will lose to them this year but you never see the Pats lose to a team like the Jets and i'm pretty sure they would have beaten the Saints without Brees and would never have fallen behind the Packers 28-3. The question you and others should be asking, is why a team with our talent and easy 1st have schedule is only 5-3. Excuses are like A-holes everyone has one and they all stink. You seem to have alot of them as to why we lose. Don't worry you will have many more to excuses to come over the next 6 weeks cause now our schedule really gets tough