My thoughts 5-3

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Gonna start with the new guy on the block, Michael Bennett.

Stat line
3tackles 1 sack 2 TFL 4 QB hits

This is a great game considering its his first game and he's getting acclimated to his teammates. He never stops moving. He had a couple penalties but thats him. He's had them penalties his entire career because he pushes the limit on lining up right on the LOS. Thats his game, as he wants to put pressure on that guy in front of him. He got into Jones' head the first time he hit him. Drove him right into the ground, and you saw it later in the game where Jones saw Bennett coming free and panic'd into a bad throw.

You saw him get comfortable with his teammates as the game went on too. Thats the biggest part of the night for me. You could tell at the start he looked to be closed off of sorts. But the more he played you could see him open up and got comfortable with them and started celebrating and letting loose. Thats when you started to see him become a nightmare for the OL. They just couldnt block him and he was in the backfield all night. This guy is going to only get better and i think we're going to see alot of sacks coming for this DL. 5 sacks lastnight, and the giants have a good OL.

Jourdan Lewis, is Dallas' best CB. He is basically the only CB who isnt getting beat. He understands the system and he locks up WRs, and puts hits on in the run game. He's always around the ball and isnt afraid to get dirty. How this kid was being sat in favor of Brown IMO is just a case of a stubborn coach stuck in his own way. BIggest problem this team has the coaches unwilling to think outside their own box.

Sean Lee, balled out lastnight and son'd Barkley all night. So much that Barkley didnt want no part of him in the 4th. We saw just what made Lee so good, unmatched instincts and fluid pursuit. Vander Esch didnt even enter my thoughts lastnight.

Demarcus Lawrence, has had a ressurgence and had a monster game lastnight aswell. Him and Bennett are a perfect match for eachother. The way they started using them interchanging them inside and outside give this team a different look teams are going to have to start game planning for.

Respect for Robert Quinn. Hernandez was acting like a you know all game, and Quinn had enough grabbed him by the facemask and treated him like a little kid holding him there in front of everybody. Hernandez didnt cause anymore problems after that.

Martin, Frederick and Williams are coming together and are starting to dominate teams. Williams and Martin when pulling is a thing a beauty.

You can see just how much Witten loves this organization. He's not going to beat anybody deep, but nobody expected that. But, even at 37 nobody can cover him in the flats and across the middle. They try but they just cant. His blocking has been incredible this yr.

Gotta respect Jarwin aswell. He should be starting but he knows his place and what Witten means so taking the backseat for now without causing any problems.

Looking forward to this next month for this team. All great games.
Spot on! Before this game I posted a thread stating, I thought our D might take big step forward because Lewis and Lee were going to get extensive playing and Bennett was going to make an impact. They all came through big time!

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
The ONLY reason (excuse?) we are losing (as CLEARLY shown tonight against Minnesota) is COACHING/PLAYCALLING. For the love of god, Garrett has K Moore calling Run on 1st down EVERY GD time... We lit them up ALL NIGHT via the pass, and gave the game away with stupid playcalling and asinine coaching. That is the answer to your question, why a team with our talent is now 5-4, is entirely coaching/playcalling.