CFZ My Thoughts on the 2022 Team

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I agree Dak is not average....he is below average. He is regressing year to year as his injuries pile up like the excuses you guys make for him. He played great as a rookie, but now he plays like a rookie. He is in his freaking 7th year and appears less knowledgeable than Herbert, Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen. All have passed him on talent and skill. Too scared to run, confused, and inaccurate passer....not a great combination. What a $160m mistake. Watch Rush give us the same thing for $358,200 he is getting paid this year. :facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
When I think of this team I can't help but look back to the events of the 2010 season.

After a promising season in 2009 that looks as though many questions has been answered:

They start the first game with injury issues on the offensive line.

During the game, a defensive struggle, the OC, Jason Garrett almost completely abandons the run. Their RB ended the previous season averaging 5.9 yards a carry and also rushed for 150 yards in the playoff game they won. However, n this game, he carries the ball a total of 8 times for an average of 4.8 yards a carry.

The next two games he carries the ball 7 times.

After 5 games the Cowboys are 1-4 as the injuries continue to pile up. In the 6th game Tony Romo goes down for the season. He averaged 41 pass attempts during the first 5 games.

It is later learned that the Head Coach, who also doubled as the DC, knew absolutely nothing about the team's offense. In fact, the OC reported directly to the GM as did the DC. This, combined with some rather amateurish playcalling leads some to believe that Wade Phillips is HC in name only.

The team is 1-6 by the time it reaches game #8....against the Green Bay Packers. The Packers hand the Cowboys one of the most humiliating defeats in history. The Packers heap on the misery about 12 weeks later because they end up winning the Super Bowl......played in Jerry's new stadium

The following day Wade is fired and the OC becomes the interum coach.
Couple of things on that....

-Yet another example of how Jerry sees himself as the walk around head coach, with Wade as DC and Garrett as his genius OC. Jerry walked into the locker room after firing Wade and directly blamed the players after attempting this ridiculous way of assembling a team.

-Interesting how Jesse Holley claimed that same day, Garrett had several new plays for the offense he was already running.

Jerry seriously deserves his failures. He doesn't have a remote clue as to what he is doing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please explain how we can be wrong for 7 years but Dak right now is in his 7th year.

I will go to bed now and have a really good sleep. Meanwhile you can figure out those things you write.

This is the 7th year you are wrong.

Go back to bed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
if he is top 10 then its due to the lack of QB talent right now vs how good Dak is.

Nope, almost EVERY QB list has Dak as top 10. Looks like its back the drawing board troll.

You lost!! Go back to bed.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is the 7th year you are wrong.

Go back to bed.

LOL. You are funny. Not very bright nor creative in the way you try to dimish me. But funny.

Now very slow for you. So you can follow. Take your time and think good about this. Remember, this seems not easy for you:

1. Tell me, when you are 41 years old, what is the year of your life you are in ?
2. And how many years from the start of your life have passed ?
(Answers down below, but dont sroll down too fast. Try it at least 10 minutes on your own.)

Its easy mathmatics. The difference between interval and moment in time. Kids learn this in groundschool.

Results (only for the really dumb ones)

1. 42th
2. 41

Understand now the difference between being "6 years wrong" and also "being in his 7th year" kiddo ?

Now thank me that i dont demand payment for helping you on this one so you dont show yourself in public again as an dumb person.

And I PLEASE you! Try to get an education you wanna be clown.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
LOL. You are funny. Not very bright nor creative in the way you try to dimish me. But funny.

Now very slow for you. So you can follow. Take your time and think good about this. Remember, this seems not easy for you:

1. Tell me, when you are 41 years old, what is the year of your life you are in ?
2. And how many years from the start of your life have passed ?
(Answers down below, but dont sroll down too fast. Try it at least 10 minutes on your own.)

Its easy mathmatics. The difference between interval and moment in time. Kids learn this in groundschool.

Now thank me that i dont demand payment for helping you on this one so you dont show yourself in public again as an dumb person.

And I PLEASE you! Try to get an education you wanna be clown.

LOL, you guys are nothing but the truth on this board.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's also dumb to not even try to find the next Mahomes. Dak is what Dak... very average.

You can have Mahomes here right now. You really think it'll matter:facepalm: Prime Romo was nearly that and he couldn't get it done. So this Dak basing is just that. Bashing. We all know who and what the problem is and until that changes Jesus at quarterback is not going to matter.

Nexx

Reaction score
You can have Mahomes here right now. You really think it'll matter:facepalm: Prime Romo was nearly that and he couldn't get it done. So this Dak basing is just that. Bashing. We all know who and what the problem is and until that changes Jesus at quarterback is not going to matter.

ok I agree lets just give up and not try

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cant base anything off of one game. Most of this is pretty much a garbage analysis. Especially with Gallup out. That being said, this line simply doesnt give us enough time to consistently attempt to go deep. EVERY team plays a two deep nickel zone against us and tries to shut down pass and specifically the deep passing area.

They dare us to run. Until we can dominantly make teams pay for playing this way with the run game, the offense will struggle. Especially with a bad Oline.

Simple, simple football.

Lamb is 100% a number 1 receiver. He already was our number 1 last year.
Strong run game will make passing that much easier. Same can be said about defending the pass if they can effectively stop the run. Basic football 101, it's all about the trenches.

visionary

Reaction score
As of this writing, Dak's body of work as an NFL QB consists of 86 games. The storyline hasn't changed much: Prone to injury; little-to-no skill-set development...regression, even. I'd love to see the guy succeed, and become a so-called "elite" QB but, barring a miracle, it just isn't happening.

You are responding to a blind Dak apologist
Don’t waste your time

ghst187

Reaction score
QB with the top overall pick is logical.
But that would mean admission of an error with Dak.
Jerry holds on too long to mistakes.
See 9.5 years of Jason Garrett.

agree. but I will say if we are that close to CJ Stroud or Bryce Young and don’t go get one, we deserve the following ten years of failure at the QB position.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
agree. but I will say if we are that close to CJ Stroud or Bryce Young and don’t go get one, we deserve the following ten years of failure at the QB position.
This front office has avoided a lot of their consequences
I have a feeling that's gonna change.

CWR

Reaction score
These are based on one game. Unlike Jerry, I don't believe this will magically turn around. Below are the reasons why I have come to this conclusion. And some thoughts on the Bucs game.

• The front office seems to have issues with multitasking. They worked on the defense, but considered the OL to be set. They did hit a home run with Tyler Smith it appears, But counting on Tyron Smith is a reoccurring error due to health. And anything beyond Tyler Smith and Zach Martin is sketchy.
  • Again, the single mindedness of the FO has returned to the beginning of the 2018 campaign when the receiving corps was pitiful. This group just cannot stretch the defense. And married with the OL, running two receivers in patterns and keeping TE's in to block is a recipe for failure.
  • My convictions with Dak are now slipping. He cannot create unless he has a clean pocket. When harassed, he falters. I can live with the less than Brady accuracy. When Romo was here he made decisions quickly and released the ball. Dak does not have that quality. A great deal of his problems stem from the lack of real talent around him. He will need playmakers on the line and receiving corps if he is to be all he can be. Is that enough? Doesn't appear to be.
  • The seasonal theme of not stopping the run has arrived again. I see the defense as better than last year. But shopping at Walmart for defensive tackles seems to be in a Groundhog Day loop. As the game progresses, the inside presence is shoved around like a bullied school kid.
  • Is the linebacker corps adequate if your best player on defense is now rushing the passer? Micah is stellar, but when he moves to the line of scrimmage, there doesn't seem to be enough playmaking ability.
  • Lamb is not a #1 receiver. He thrives in the slot. So we are back to the same spot the FO left the team in 2018 as stated above.
  • Kellen Moore doesn't seem to get that slow developing plays meant for the outside allow even the mediocre teams to move into position to stop them. This kid is not a play caller of any quality.
  • I like McCarthy. But he needs to step up and take control of this offense.
  • If you've gotten this far, I have not given up hope for a season that is passable. But I am not far from seeing this as a draft slot season at best. Walter Football currently has Dallas at the 4th over-all pick. They suggest a WR named Jaxon Smith-Njigba. But with the 4th over-all, would a QB be more in order? Let him sit for a year and send Prescott packing.

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2023.php

If we draft that high we can't pass up qb.