CFZ My Thoughts on the 2022 Team

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are based on one game. Unlike Jerry, I don't believe this will magically turn around. Below are the reasons why I have come to this conclusion. And some thoughts on the Bucs game.

• The front office seems to have issues with multitasking. They worked on the defense, but considered the OL to be set. They did hit a home run with Tyler Smith it appears, But counting on Tyron Smith is a reoccurring error due to health. And anything beyond Tyler Smith and Zach Martin is sketchy.
  • Again, the single mindedness of the FO has returned to the beginning of the 2018 campaign when the receiving corps was pitiful. This group just cannot stretch the defense. And married with the OL, running two receivers in patterns and keeping TE's in to block is a recipe for failure.
  • My convictions with Dak are now slipping. He cannot create unless he has a clean pocket. When harassed, he falters. I can live with the less than Brady accuracy. When Romo was here he made decisions quickly and released the ball. Dak does not have that quality. A great deal of his problems stem from the lack of real talent around him. He will need playmakers on the line and receiving corps if he is to be all he can be. Is that enough? Doesn't appear to be.
  • The seasonal theme of not stopping the run has arrived again. I see the defense as better than last year. But shopping at Walmart for defensive tackles seems to be in a Groundhog Day loop. As the game progresses, the inside presence is shoved around like a bullied school kid.
  • Is the linebacker corps adequate if your best player on defense is now rushing the passer? Micah is stellar, but when he moves to the line of scrimmage, there doesn't seem to be enough playmaking ability.
  • Lamb is not a #1 receiver. He thrives in the slot. So we are back to the same spot the FO left the team in 2018 as stated above.
  • Kellen Moore doesn't seem to get that slow developing plays meant for the outside allow even the mediocre teams to move into position to stop them. This kid is not a play caller of any quality.
  • I like McCarthy. But he needs to step up and take control of this offense.
  • If you've gotten this far, I have not given up hope for a season that is passable. But I am not far from seeing this as a draft slot season at best. Walter Football currently has Dallas at the 4th over-all pick. They suggest a WR named Jaxon Smith-Njigba. But with the 4th over-all, would a QB be more in order? Let him sit for a year and send Prescott packing.

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2023.php
  • OLine
    • They drafted a LT in the 1st round.
    • A team is not going to give a big contract to a free agent LT when they just drafted a LT in the 1st round.
    • Drafting Tyler was the backup plan in 2022 for Tyron getting injured and the replacement plan for 2023.
  • WR
    • Gallup is set to return soon.
    • They signed stop gap free agent but he is out injured.
  • Dak & Kellen Moore
    • Cowboys Offense
      • 2021: #1 in points scored. #1 in total yards. #2 in passing yards.
      • 2020: (at the point Dak got injured): #2 in points scored. #1 in total yards. #1 in passing yards.
      • 2019: #6 in points scored. #1 in total yards. #2 in passing yards.
  • Stopping the Run
    • They held Tampa to 19 points.
    • Tampa only scored less than 19 points for 1 game in 2021.
      • i.e. They lost because of offense, not defense.
    • If Tom Brady is the QB, do you focus on pass defense or run defense?
  • LB
    • Obviously nobody can replace Parsons at LB when he is playing DE.
    • They did sign Anthony Barr who a solid run defender in 2021.
    • LVE was one of the best players in the playoff game last season.
      • He looked bad at the beginning of 2021, but looked very good by the end of the season.
    • They have fan favorite draft pick from 2021 Jabril Cox as the 4th LB.
    • It's only a matter of time before Sam Williams is playing significant snaps.
      • His success will limit the need for Parsons at DE.
      • I saw at least 2 very good plays from him despite only playing 6 snaps.
  • CeeDee
    • He had more catches and yards in less snaps than Mike Evans in 2021 with near identical Yards/Catch.
    • The Cowboys were #1 in scoring which means somebody was scoring TDs. They didn't need CeeDee to do it in 2021.
  • Walter Football
    • Walter is a huge Eagles fan. He hates the Cowboys.
    • That site always projects the worst for the Cowboys.

Last edited: