My Thoughts On The Game: Week 3

quickccc

Reaction score
OFFENSE

- The ball is being spread out and distributed so well, that it has minimized the loss of Gallup in the offense. Still Kudos to Cedrick Wilson who has stepped up in he’s place and made his presence felt.as a 3rd WR.
Gally has a way of contouring his body and feet to get the sidelines – that Wilson out of bounds play would’ve been a more of a plus with Gally- but Wilson has played well and delivered his share of plays in Gallup’s place.

- Opposing defenses on the schedule are gonna really be so scary and fearful of this Kellen-Dak offense; the up tempo pace, moving and shifting, the way the ball comes out quickly, the way it presents a dual threat as both passing team and running team, the way it distributes and spreads ball around. Though we move ball very well per yards – and 3rd conversions, we still need to improve in red zone.

- Our offense is gonna be one of the very top offenses to have to contend with. So long as we have Dak and
an protecting OL.

- Dak’s fast pitch throws that sees him quickly getting rid of the ball … that makes him that much more difficult to rush and get too. One reason I was surprised he held ball longer that help result in fumble for Philly TD in end zone

- Schultz is one that has been big vs pass and shown up as a factor in all 3 games

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
OFFENSE

- The ball is being spread out and distributed so well, that it has minimized the loss of Gallup in the offense. Still Kudos to Cedrick Wilson who has stepped up in he’s place and made his presence felt.as a 3rd WR.
Gally has a way of contouring his body and feet to get the sidelines – that Wilson out of bounds play would’ve been a more of a plus with Gally- but Wilson has played well and delivered his share of plays in Gallup’s place.

- Opposing defenses on the schedule are gonna really be so scary and fearful of this Kellen-Dak offense; the up tempo pace, moving and shifting, the way the ball comes out quickly, the way it presents a dual threat as both passing team and running team, the way it distributes and spreads ball around. Though we move ball very well per yards – and 3rd conversions, we still need to improve in red zone.

- Our offense is gonna be one of the very top offenses to have to contend with. So long as we have Dak and
an protecting OL.

- Dak’s fast pitch throws that sees him quickly getting rid of the ball … that makes him that much more difficult to rush and get too. One reason I was surprised he held ball longer that help result in fumble for Philly TD in end zone

- Schultz is one that has been big vs pass and shown up as a factor in all 3 games

Reciever slipped...Dak shouldve thrown it into the ground though...the one grip I have for Dak so far is he is looking for perfection on every play Especially when he gets out the tackle box...throw it away and his game will be damn near 100% perfection. The strip sack TD is mostly on the center but Dak needs to kill some turf on that play.

quickccc

Reaction score
COACHES

- Two weeks in a row, i have seen Cowboys coaches that has denied the Dak led offense a chance at more points
at the end of a half.

- 1st with Bones (Bonehead?) blunder with the punt block that resulted in a personal foul flag that keep drive alive for Chargers

- Now there's the HC who let the clock wind down until the Halftime horn. Per his press, Mac said he did not want to
risk a turnover and give Philly another gimme TD .. wow what team confidence, coach.

- OL coach Joe Philibin will irritate me one moment, and then impress with another .. Waited way too late with McGovern
to center, but kudos with his surprised work with vastly improved Terrence Steele.
Has Lael Collins been missed these last past 2 games ?

- Kellen Moore is constantly trying to show defenses different looks and formations, would it be a CeeDee Lamb
handoff carry as a RB .. or lining up McGovern as a FB.
Team held possession all night and wore out the Philly's defense.

- Quinn is making the defense work , even in the event of both injury and CoVid 19. ..

quickccc

Reaction score
DEFENSE

- Is this defense really legit or it getting by on smoke and mirrors ?

- Cowboys may have money balled the safety position again, and this time around it seems to have paid off; even with the depth - credit the McClay, players and coaches scheme thus far.
Kearse, Kazee and Hooker have contributed to make plays
But Don’t be surprised if Kearse permanently replaces Donovan Wilson

- Parsons is becoming a catalyst impact player. I think he’s the kind that also makes teammates, other players around him better. His pass rushing skills, tackling instincts and pursuit speed is paying off big time in these past 2 games
He’s even drawing holding calls that is a drive killer for opposing offenses.

- Diggs is becoming the other impact, catalyst player for this defense – even more confident and schemed up vs Nolan’s 2020 team, Trevor is playing passes like a WR, getting his hands on a number of balls and making his snare of INTs; he’s a legit turnover machine.

- Jalen Hurts is a gimmick QB and a very average pure passer, imo … he was flat missing targets- even wide open, he won’t be near the Mahomes, Carr, Cousins, or Murray we will be facing along the upcoming schedule- those will be the measure of Quinn’s defense.

- what I do still like is the way this defense is coming up with opportunistic turnovers; we have players who make plays on the ball whether thrown passes or punching out fumbles .. and i don't think that's by coincidence or accident.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. Dak played great again. He didn't make any mistake, was efficient, and just overall played a solid game. He should have no problems winning the come back player of the year.

2. I'm super impressed with the defense. These guys were outplaying the offense for the majority of the game and that's a great sight to see considering how well the offense was playing.

3. McCarthy and his bone head clock management is just mind boggling. This is 2 weeks in a row that he has allowed precious time to just go off the clock. This week was even more mind boggling. You allow basically 2 mins, with 2 time outs, to just go away? That is inexcusable.

4. Diggs is playing like an All Pro. That's it.

5. Parson is, once again, proving to be the best linebacker AND the best defensive lineman on the team. He is a force and I am ecstatic that we have him on our team. Him and Diggs are culture changers.

6. The run game was great again. I wish Zeke could have gotten his 100 yards, but he was close enough. Pollard is still making the most of his carries, although I'd personally like to see him get more. I feel like we could have buried them even more if we would've just kept running the ball.

7. The offensive line had their hiccups in pass protection, but overall once again played great football. I have no complaints in that department.

8. The defense forcing turnovers is a beautiful thing. It's just wonderful to watch them actually try to get the ball instead of just trying to make a tackle.

9. I'm still not happy with the red zone play calling. I feel like Kellen Moore tries to get too cute with reverses or tries to pass the ball too much. Zeke and Pollard were running at will. Pound the rock and make them stop us. Even though I still believe Dak got in with that sneak, the ball still should have went to Zeke.

10. I'm digging using the offensive lineman as a full back to block. That is some creative stuff that we're not used to seeing.

Overall a great performance. I wanted a blow out and that's what was delivered. I don't believe the Eagles are a good team and what we did to them is what you're supposed to do against bad teams. I think we still have a lot of work to do. It's only Week 3. I think we're clearly the best team in the division though and I look forward to see more improvement every week.
pretty much on point....
this is the third week in a row McCarthy has mismanaged the clock. against Tampa on the last drive we should have eaten more of the clock and leave them less time. he should have told the players not to go out of bounds and they kept going out of bounds.

Glad we got parsons......

Biadasz and Williams need to get better in pass protection. Biadasz keeps getting pushed back in pass blocking. his technique is bad.

I am with you on the redzone play calling and some of the other play calling in general. Moore needs to stop trying to outsmart himself. like you said, no need to get cute.

jrumann59

Reaction score
1. Connor Williams isn't a starting guard in the NFL going on 4 years now

2. We have to fix the blown coverages on defense and the red zone offense
If Dallas does not Re-sign him I guess we will find out in FA. I expect him to be paid very well, not top tier OG well but next tier down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1. Dak played great again. He didn't make any mistake, was efficient, and just overall played a solid game. He should have no problems winning the come back player of the year.

2. I'm super impressed with the defense. These guys were outplaying the offense for the majority of the game and that's a great sight to see considering how well the offense was playing.

3. McCarthy and his bone head clock management is just mind boggling. This is 2 weeks in a row that he has allowed precious time to just go off the clock. This week was even more mind boggling. You allow basically 2 mins, with 2 time outs, to just go away? That is inexcusable.

4. Diggs is playing like an All Pro. That's it.

5. Parson is, once again, proving to be the best linebacker AND the best defensive lineman on the team. He is a force and I am ecstatic that we have him on our team. Him and Diggs are culture changers.

6. The run game was great again. I wish Zeke could have gotten his 100 yards, but he was close enough. Pollard is still making the most of his carries, although I'd personally like to see him get more. I feel like we could have buried them even more if we would've just kept running the ball.

7. The offensive line had their hiccups in pass protection, but overall once again played great football. I have no complaints in that department.

8. The defense forcing turnovers is a beautiful thing. It's just wonderful to watch them actually try to get the ball instead of just trying to make a tackle.

9. I'm still not happy with the red zone play calling. I feel like Kellen Moore tries to get too cute with reverses or tries to pass the ball too much. Zeke and Pollard were running at will. Pound the rock and make them stop us. Even though I still believe Dak got in with that sneak, the ball still should have went to Zeke.

10. I'm digging using the offensive lineman as a full back to block. That is some creative stuff that we're not used to seeing.

Overall a great performance. I wanted a blow out and that's what was delivered. I don't believe the Eagles are a good team and what we did to them is what you're supposed to do against bad teams. I think we still have a lot of work to do. It's only Week 3. I think we're clearly the best team in the division though and I look forward to see more improvement every week.
I gave you a like but this is all regurgitated info that’s been said 100 times today. Why not post a positive thread the day before the game instead of the day after?

Verdict

Reaction score
If Dallas does not Re-sign him I guess we will find out in FA. I expect him to be paid very well, not top tier OG well but next tier down.
I would love to see us get a 3rd round comp pick fir him, but I don’t think that is remotely realistic. I don’t think he is going to draw a lot of interest on the free agent market. I hope I am wrong.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I was once hopefully with Conner Williams. Not anymore. He just can't stand up to bullrushes.

What I would like to happen is keep Steele at RT and put Lael Collins back at guard. I think its also time to ditch Biadisz and start looking for a replacement. I don't think he is a capable center.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I gave you a like but this is all regurgitated info that’s been said 100 times today. Why not post a positive thread the day before the game instead of the day after?
I can’t post my thoughts on the game BEFORE the game, Rocky.