My thoughts. Who is Dak?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
“He's a warrior for us," Beasley said. "And that's what he does, he wins ballgames. The stats aren't always pretty sometimes, but he's a game-changer, man. Without him, we wouldn't be where we're at."

That is exactly who he is.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Good luck with trying to have an intellectual conversation with that yahoo.
He makes assumptions and runs like a naked alzheimer patient on meth.

I know pappy from another board. I don't know him to be pessimistic or at least he didn't seem to be.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Think that game winner to beasley was a deep throw. Thats just me tho.

Truthfully that was more of a great catch than throw. Great play by Dak avoiding the rush and getting the throw off but it was kind of a desperation throw that Beasley made a great catch on. We have seen Dak miss what, 5 to 7 wide open WRs for walk-in TDs and the throws weren’t even close. That is what he has to fix. Just hit half of those and Dallas is blowing teams out. I’m happy he had that final drive and two point conversion. I’m hoping at some point he improves on some of those flaws. If he can, the sky is the limit for him. If he can’t, there won’t be much success for the team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I know pappy from another board. I don't know him to be pessimistic or at least he didn't seem to be.
He's been a one-trick moron, talking absolute falsehoods about posters when he feels threatened.
He's one of the very worst here. I hate that he wallows in my swamp. I want to be the worst poster here!

Kaiser

Reaction score
One of Dak’s strong intangibles is that he doesn’t get flustered with the game on the line . Until it’s iver, it isn’t over with Dak

Not only that, but we won today because Dak wanted to be on the field for every play. He isn't about stats or protecting himself for a big contract. He wants to win - all day, every day.

lwehlers

Reaction score
In all honesty, Dak is Dak.

I appreciate your thoughts though. But I'm done with the Romo-Dak comparisons. Apples and oranges.

as much as Prescott drives me crazy on his hot and cold games I am also tired of the romo dak talk. both qbs are totally different. Prescott played good today hopefully he carries that into next week because if not the seahawks will win next week.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Corso has a thing for the Pappy....think he's jealous cause Pappy tells it like he thinks it no matter what the responses or attacks he faces from the Dak-Zoids.......see Corso wants to be liked here first and foremost ....he really has no opinion unless he throwing insults my way...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Corso has a thing for the Pappy....think he's jealous cause Pappy tells it like he thinks it no matter what the responses or attacks he faces from the Dak-Zoids.......see Corso wants to be liked here first and foremost ....he really has no opinion unless he throwing insults my way...
You talk lies fool. That's not an insult. That's the truth.
Eat on that sandwich.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You talk lies fool. That's not an insult. That's the truth.
Eat on that sandwich.

Thank you for proving my point....GL Corso you will need it in life....

Pants

Reaction score
Not only that, but we won today because Dak wanted to be on the field for every play. He isn't about stats or protecting himself for a big contract. He wants to win - all day, every day.
I will give you that but while I am happy that they win, it was not a smart move to have him in there (see: LVE scare, what if that were Dak?)

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Before anything that involves stats or accuracy, the thing that jumps out at me is he's a Leader and a Winner. He was drafted in the 4th round, so clearly he needed work. But after 3 yrs, he has had more success and better stats then any QB from his draft.

So while fans can cry and gripe about him not being accurate, him not having pocket awareness. In big games he shows up and wins. In big situations he wins. At the end of games, he wins. What more do fans need? Do we need 400yrds and 4Tds and a loss, or a balanced attack that just wins games? Fantasy football and madden have warped fans brains into thinking just because they do things in a video game that its easy to play in the NFL.

Fans will compare Dak to the guy he took over for, and the favorite quote is "Romo would win a superbowl with this team". NO he wouldnt, he couldnt win a playoff game with one of the best teams in Cowboys history in 2007. They dominated on offense and defense. Dak shows better poise then Romo ever did with the game on the line. That TD pass to Beasley was amazing. And an even better catch. Dak put that ball the only place that would've been completed. It was picture perfect, and what made the catch harder wasnt the placement but Beasley lack of height. So he had to reach. A Taller WR catches it easy. But great catch by Beasley.

I know people are going to say Dak missed deep throws today that would've been TDs. SO WHAT!! he took the team to TDs on those drives anyways. He missed a guy but overcame that and drove the team down and scored TDs on perfect reads to Jarwin and the game winner to Beasley.

He balled out today without Tyron and Martin and Elliot. The game was in Daks hands and he nailed it. The defense was abused but Dak put the team on his back and won the game. The game winner, he alludes a sack and throws it while taking the hit with a perfect placement, when the team needed it. Last down, he either makes that throw or they lose. And the outcome was the same as its been his whole professional career. A win when the games on the line and they need a TD. Daks doing something the team hasnt had since Aikman. A QB who could win you the game late. And no Romo never gave them that.
I think it's his inconsistency mostly and people are just waiting for a stinker in the playoffs to jump back on the train. I'm a Dallas fan first , if this guy can keep winning I see no problem

Kaiser

Reaction score
So while fans can cry and gripe about him not being accurate, him not having pocket awareness.

Great post.

I think the pocket awareness stuff is overdone, it was never an issue until we had a bad OL. People also forget Romo's early years when he would bail out of the pocket and scramble his way into a big loss fairly often.

I think the accuracy issue is about consistency, there are plenty of QBs that win with the level of accuracy Dak has. He will never have that laser pointpoint accuracy that Aikman or Rodgers have but he is accurate enough. I think the issue with the fan base is that he will have a poor throw once or twice a game and it drives them bonkers. But the 25 throws each game are either good or good enough. There are plenty of winning QBs like that, Dak just needs to eliminate the footwork driven mistakes. The TD to Beasley was a work of art, you can't make that throw if you have "no accuracy".

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is not qualified to start as a QB for any NFL team including America's team.....he is a Grade D QB and I'll let Dak prove it to you come this coming weekend.....beating a Dead Giants team once again changed 0 concerning Dak inept talent levels....

There is a strong reason why guys like you do not have jobs in the NFL and are just posting non-sense on a fan forum....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
“He's a warrior for us," Beasley said. "And that's what he does, he wins ballgames. The stats aren't always pretty sometimes, but he's a game-changer, man. Without him, we wouldn't be where we're at."
Sounds like Beasley wants a cut of his new contract.

Also factors into the Woodson narrative floated about lately.

The Realist

Reaction score
I've posted these numbers in a couple of other threads, but to me, this is the stuff that just can't be coached:

4th qtr/OT, margin 8 points or less, 2016-18

1 Brady 132 of 193 1816 yd 11 td 1 int 115.1
2 Prescott 169 of 257 2222 yd 16 td 2 int 110.4
3 Wilson 157 of 245 2074 yd 18 td 3 int 110.1
4 Rthlsbrgr 161 of 233 1986 14 td 3 int 109.8
5 Brees 177 of 247 2053 yd 17 td 6 int 109.3

The only reason Dak has those stats is because Romo chose to retire and this team carries him. Romo would be #1 on this list by a wide margin.