My thoughts. Who is Dak?

movaughn88

Reaction score
He clearly has the "it" factor in terms of how people are responding to him. Today was the first time I have honestly saw it.

I can't understand it, but his teammates just hover about him like satellites.

I just don't think that is enough to win a title.

What has happened to you?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Point out the one QB who doesn't have bad passes please? I'm just curious.

Oh that doesn't matter, remember only Dak Prescott has to live up to the standard of perfection. That means he can't miss a pass, can't have a bad throw, no sacks etc.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if the Cowboys win next week, you true to form will move the goal post. Heck if they somehow managed to with a SB you and the rest of the haters - and yes it is hate because none of what you say is grounded in any reason, it's just blind irrational hatred of a kid who has simply stepped in a filled a role - you would still be here whining about Dak Prescott not being the perfect QB. Frankly, the act is getting tiring. So carry on with your hate-fest. Your opinion of the kid after he has proven you wrong so throughly isn't even worth the pounds of crap at a fertilizer farm.

You are a HATER bud....a hater of reality...and you put your Dak-Crush above the health and prosperity of our Cowboys....live in your Hate world bud....if we win in the playoffs it will not be because of Dak it will be IN SPITE OF DAK......

superonyx

Reaction score
The IT factor is indisputable...he just wins in the regular season (like Romo)....Its time to take the "IT factor" to the next level and lead this team deep into the playoffs.... If its one and done in the playoffs... Im looking to replace both Garrett and Dak.. To much talent on this team to waste it.... Like DAK but its time to show he can take the next step and play championship level football.
What you shou,d be looking to do is get over it and learn to accept that Dak will be our QB for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise you may end up like some of these Manbabies we have here crying all the time.

morat1959

Reaction score
Before anything that involves stats or accuracy, the thing that jumps out at me is he's a Leader and a Winner. He was drafted in the 4th round, so clearly he needed work. But after 3 yrs, he has had more success and better stats then any QB from his draft.

So while fans can cry and gripe about him not being accurate, him not having pocket awareness. In big games he shows up and wins. In big situations he wins. At the end of games, he wins. What more do fans need? Do we need 400yrds and 4Tds and a loss, or a balanced attack that just wins games? Fantasy football and madden have warped fans brains into thinking just because they do things in a video game that its easy to play in the NFL.

Fans will compare Dak to the guy he took over for, and the favorite quote is "Romo would win a superbowl with this team". NO he wouldnt, he couldnt win a playoff game with one of the best teams in Cowboys history in 2007. They dominated on offense and defense. Dak shows better poise then Romo ever did with the game on the line. That TD pass to Beasley was amazing. And an even better catch. Dak put that ball the only place that would've been completed. It was picture perfect, and what made the catch harder wasnt the placement but Beasley lack of height. So he had to reach. A Taller WR catches it easy. But great catch by Beasley.

I know people are going to say Dak missed deep throws today that would've been TDs. SO WHAT!! he took the team to TDs on those drives anyways. He missed a guy but overcame that and drove the team down and scored TDs on perfect reads to Jarwin and the game winner to Beasley.

He balled out today without Tyron and Martin and Elliot. The game was in Daks hands and he nailed it. The defense was abused but Dak put the team on his back and won the game. The game winner, he alludes a sack and throws it while taking the hit with a perfect placement, when the team needed it. Last down, he either makes that throw or they lose. And the outcome was the same as its been his whole professional career. A win when the games on the line and they need a TD. Daks doing something the team hasnt had since Aikman. A QB who could win you the game late. And no Romo never gave them that.
What has he won?

superonyx

Reaction score

You are a HATER bud....a hater of reality...and you put your Dak-Crush above the health and prosperity of our Cowboys....live in your Hate world bud....if we win in the playoffs it will not be because of Dak it will be IN SPITE OF DAK......
Dude we just won a nice game and are going to the playoffs and you are here trolling cowboys fans and trying to suck any excitement others have away from them. You said your piece. Why keep repeating yourself over and over in every thread you can find to rain on?
What a miserable sack you are.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To those who have asked in the past what Dak's supporters mean when we say he has "it", please do the following.

Re-watch the last 2:29 of today's game, with the Cowboys down 35-28 on the road with no timeouts.

That's "it". What Dak did today. Lesson over.
Tebow had "it" too.
So what exactly does "it" mean?

movaughn88

Reaction score
I am going through some personal turmoil. It has made me weak. I apologize.

Honestly, when you see the guys, they don't care about our stupid quips on this board.

For sure Cooper gets frustrated, but when they made that 2 point play and I saw the emotions, I thought, "wow they really believe in this guy"

khiladi

Reaction score
Truthfully that was more of a great catch than throw. Great play by Dak avoiding the rush and getting the throw off but it was kind of a desperation throw that Beasley made a great catch on. We have seen Dak miss what, 5 to 7 wide open WRs for walk-in TDs and the throws weren’t even close. That is what he has to fix. Just hit half of those and Dallas is blowing teams out. I’m happy he had that final drive and two point conversion. I’m hoping at some point he improves on some of those flaws. If he can, the sky is the limit for him. If he can’t, there won’t be much success for the team.

Dak is a street-ball QB. That’s why he misses easy throws when he needs to read the field and process. From what I watched in the first half, he was mediocre to average, with poor pocket presence causing him to get sacked or lose yardage. He checked down on free play.

In that situation, he just fired away to Beasley after he immediately escaped from the pocket putting him on street-ball mode. When he doesn’t need to ‘process’ he’s fine, which is why he doesn’t have problems going to his first read.

And the Giants were absolutely stupid anyways. That’s a 4th and 15, you rush three and give up the underneath and it’s over.

The Giants were consistently collapsing in the fourth with their defense all year.

Last edited:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Before anything that involves stats or accuracy, the thing that jumps out at me is he's a Leader and a Winner. He was drafted in the 4th round, so clearly he needed work. But after 3 yrs, he has had more success and better stats then any QB from his draft.

So while fans can cry and gripe about him not being accurate, him not having pocket awareness. In big games he shows up and wins. In big situations he wins. At the end of games, he wins. What more do fans need? Do we need 400yrds and 4Tds and a loss, or a balanced attack that just wins games? Fantasy football and madden have warped fans brains into thinking just because they do things in a video game that its easy to play in the NFL.

Fans will compare Dak to the guy he took over for, and the favorite quote is "Romo would win a superbowl with this team". NO he wouldnt, he couldnt win a playoff game with one of the best teams in Cowboys history in 2007. They dominated on offense and defense. Dak shows better poise then Romo ever did with the game on the line. That TD pass to Beasley was amazing. And an even better catch. Dak put that ball the only place that would've been completed. It was picture perfect, and what made the catch harder wasnt the placement but Beasley lack of height. So he had to reach. A Taller WR catches it easy. But great catch by Beasley.

I know people are going to say Dak missed deep throws today that would've been TDs. SO WHAT!! he took the team to TDs on those drives anyways. He missed a guy but overcame that and drove the team down and scored TDs on perfect reads to Jarwin and the game winner to Beasley.

He balled out today without Tyron and Martin and Elliot. The game was in Daks hands and he nailed it. The defense was abused but Dak put the team on his back and won the game. The game winner, he alludes a sack and throws it while taking the hit with a perfect placement, when the team needed it. Last down, he either makes that throw or they lose. And the outcome was the same as its been his whole professional career. A win when the games on the line and they need a TD. Daks doing something the team hasnt had since Aikman. A QB who could win you the game late. And no Romo never gave them that.

You can tell you got caught up in your underwear in excitement over Dak with the Romo line which is completely false and actually surprised me coming from you, but other than that - good post.

Let's see what the sentiment is if he struggles in a playoff game and loses next week because for some around here, a QB is only measured by Super Bowl wins which is insane.

zack

Reaction score
Oh that doesn't matter, remember only Dak Prescott has to live up to the standard of perfection. That means he can't miss a pass, can't have a bad throw, no sacks etc.

There are some salty people on this board. Got Captain obvious saying something about naming a QB that doesn’t throw a bad pass and then this about living up to perfection. Dak had a great game today and hopefully it will carry into next week.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

You are right, I am a hater. I hate people who are bigots, a-holes and generally uneducated enough to hate someone with no rhyme or reason. I hated it when Tony Romo was getting started and I hate it now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right, I am a hater. I hate people who are bigots, a-holes and generally uneducated enough to hate someone with no rhyme or reason. I hated it when Tony Romo was getting started and I hate it now.

You have explained your situation in one simple post.....GL bud as in life you will need it....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You're arguing this yahoo?
He's... I've already hit the boiling point with some of the gorgeous, beautiful mods here.
Good luck!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I do like Sally Field. I fail to see what you're trying to say though.
That I pander?
That is your soap box?
Mine is you're a lying punk who is a one-trick pony that can't expand his post repertoire to save his life.