4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Here's why I have Dak above those guys:

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Here's why I have Dak above those guys:

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.
Amazing simply amazing..............

forehead-slap-this-guy-bw9akj5f0okyo97m.gif

McKDaddy

Reaction score
People preach on hate but I don't know that I can recall more people hating on a 2 time MVP. I understand he hasn't played great in the playoffs but you elevate another guy who hasn't played great in the playoff over a guy who the league has twice selected as the MVP. Interesting.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I really like Stroud and believe he can \ will earn his place on these lists ... but I'm not sure he should be that high now.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I’d have everyone one of the OPs list other than Hurts over Dak. I’d also have Rogers Purdy, and Love over him.

John813

Reaction score
If CJ Stroud played in Minnesota and not Texas, no one here would be putting him that high on their lists. Better than Lamar? Better than Herbert? Better than Love? That is Looney Tunes

It's not due to location IMO, it's due to him being a rookie, playing very well, and the idea that he can stay/improve from that.

Not like he was 22TDs 11INTs but was from UT or another local college team.

In 15 games he put up some very good numbers. And it's not like he has Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson to chuck it and they'll grab it no matter what. Went 9-6 and the game didn't look too much for him

Status
Not open for further replies.