My Top 10 QB rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The only times I have seen him be consistently inaccurate was when he's been injured.

He was a little slow on decisions early on. After that, I chalked some of it up to the revolving door of receivers & tight ends.

I'm hoping they get it all put together. I think he could be really fun to watch if they do!!
And you could be right, I like watching Herbert play, but have only did so a few times last year. The big one that sticks out to me was when the Cowboys played him last season. Several times I felt like he was slow to make decisions and wild with the football, especially when he got his feet moving. I thought often during that game that our defense was lucky to hold them to what they did. Of course I'm going off of a pretty small sample size though.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a big Herbert fan, but the thing that pops out to me is how inconsistent he is with his decision making and accuracy, which those two could be related issues. The guy has every tool you want, but seems to be slow to decide what he wants to do with the football at times. This could be why his passes are off target so often. I'm not overly worried about his W/L record just yet for reasons you mentioned. Seems like a perfect Harbaugh guy though.
Not so sure. Herbert may have PTSD flashbacks to his days under Mario Cristobal.

Chargers lost their two best receivers (Allen 108 catches) and they could have addressed this by drafting Nabers or Odunze but it’s apparent they’ll be run heavy by adding Alt & Gus Edwards. Harbaugh wants to take the air out of the ball. Don’t like that marriage for Herbert.

Then again, I believe they have Fehoko so it could be a return to the days of Air Cornell!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not so sure. Herbert may have PTSD flashbacks to his days under Mario Cristobal.

Chargers lost their two best receivers (Allen 108 catches) and they could have addressed this by drafting Nabers or Odunze but it’s apparent they’ll be run heavy by adding Alt & Gus Edwards. Harbaugh wants to take the air out of the ball. Don’t like that marriage for Herbert.

Then again, I believe they have Fehoko so it could be a return to the days of Air Cornell!
Yeah I worry a lot more about the weapons on that offense than anything else. Harbaugh building up the Oline, hammering the football in the run game in theory should set Herbert up well, but you may be right and that team may be a year away still from really doing anything.

CWR

Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Here's why I have Dak above those guys:

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.
Remember when Dak was gonna struggle without the great Kellen Moore and Herbert was going to go off? Good times lol.

Maybe a big part of Dak improving last year was getting rid of KM...I'd bet good money Philly struggles with him at coordinator. They'll run up the score some games, but there will be absolute stinkers as well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Love sat for years and came in and lit it up with a guy who’s a top 5 offensive mastermind. Stroud is was a rookie and while I think Tank Dell and Collins are great and underrated nobody knew who the hell they were now they are carrying him….

For the record I think he debatable. If one person wants to say Love is better I get it. I think at this very least it’s debatable.
I’m not debating Stroud isn’t a top 10 QB. But there is a lot of pedigree he’s jumping over from 10 to 4.

Better than the league MVP? Better than the 2nd place MVP? Better than SB champions because he had a nice 23td rookie season? Only in Texas

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.
Winning a Super Bowl doesn't matter to you? Dak should not be ranked higher than guys that have done that. Dak finished second to Lamar in MVP votes. Dak isn't better.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl doesn't matter to you? Dak should not be ranked higher than guys that have done that. Dak finished second to Lamar in MVP votes. Dak isn't better.
I've never really understood that argument. Yes superbowls are the end goal but its a team accomplishment, not an individual one. I'm not taking Nick Foles over Dak just because he won a superbowl. I don't think a guy like Eli Manning is that much better than a guy like Tony Romo either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not debating Stroud isn’t a top 10 QB. But there is a lot of pedigree he’s jumping over from 10 to 4.

Better than the league MVP? Better than the 2nd place MVP? Better than SB champions because he had a nice 23td rookie season? Only in Texas
I have no issue with it because at the end of the day there's Mahomes and then there's a bunch of second tier guys from about the 2-9 range that can be interchangeable.

Josh Allen, Hurts, Dak, Goff, Burrow, Stroud, Love....these are all the same caliber of quarterback.

Stroud put the team on his back and made some big time throws. Texans don't make the playoffs without him. That's a game changer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've never really understood that argument. Yes superbowls are the end goal but its a team accomplishment, not an individual one. I'm not taking Nick Foles over Dak just because he won a superbowl. I don't think a guy like Eli Manning is that much better than a guy like Tony Romo either.
I don't know why people's brains just shut off when it comes to QB discussions....on one hand people can admit that Romo would probably have a ring if he played for a different organization but then give guys like Nick Foles credit for being a SB champion.

Nav22

Reaction score
They polled NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs, and they ALL have Dak as a top 10 QB.

Anyone who has Dak outside the top 10 is a silly hater - losers like that can't be taken seriously.

Hope this helps!
:thumbup:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
They polled NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs, and they ALL have Dak as a top 10 QB.

Anyone who has Dak outside the top 10 is a silly hater - losers like that can't be taken seriously.

Hope this helps!
:thumbup:
NFL players ranked him Top 5 and all I get are: "what are you smoking?" comments.

It doesn't look like I'm the one going against the grain here.

Proof

Reaction score

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
[
[/QUOTE]
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-jared-goff-playoff-stats

better playoff numbers as well. i like goff though, and am a fan of his bounce back.

career loser stafford immediately winning a sb in place of him is not a good look though
Goff taking Staffords old team to the Conference Championship when Stafford couldn’t even win a playoff game there isn’t a good look either.

Goff turned out to be the best QB from the 2016 draft class.

Proof

Reaction score
Goff taking Staffords old team to the Conference Championship when Stafford couldn’t even win a playoff game there isn’t a good look either.

Goff turned out to be the best QB from the 2016 draft class.
[/QUOTE]

ehh. it was staffords old team with a ton of upgrades. the rams were practically identical (except for the qb swap and giving away their first round pick)

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Stop smoking the drapes!!

Nav22

Reaction score
NFL players ranked him Top 5 and all I get are: "what are you smoking?" comments.

It doesn't look like I'm the one going against the grain here.
He's firmly in the 5-10 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.