My Top 10 QB rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is a slightly better than average qb overall...he beats bad teams and loses to good ones, he's not a top 5 qb...he's a paper tiger with padded stats that falls apart under any pressure
All of those guys listed are paper tigers lol…..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Stroud you are basing on 1 season even though I agree he looks to be a franchise gamer

I love Burrow when healthy....the problem is that every year in the NFL he enters the season not healthy

You provide excuses for Dak and his Dl, but have you watched the Chargers play Football lately? Herbert though in my mind has been overrated

Sure Lamar has not performed in the playoffs either, but but, he has 2 MVP awards that adcording to you don't matter?

Purdy fits right into the 9ers scheme, and like it or not is better than Dak at this time....also, you don't have Jordan Love anywhere on your list? C'mon.

How many players were polled when they decided Dak was top 5? Why not poll coaches and GM's and ask who their top QB;s are? On, that's right they were polled. Dak was tied for 10. Lastly, ask GM's which QB they want to lead their team in the future?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why not? Why can’t Stroud be better than those guys? Especially Love?

Love had a higher QBR without a receiver like Nico Collins or a TD like Schultz, and his 20-1 TD/INT ratio over the last 8 games was historically good. Plus one of the best playoff performances in team history; a team littered with historic QBs.

Is it just because Stroud was a rookie and this is projection? He could be better one day, but why are we saying he is already? 4th best QB in the NFL ahead of the guy who just won MVP… This seems okay to everyone?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It's not due to location IMO, it's due to him being a rookie, playing very well, and the idea that he can stay/improve from that.

Not like he was 22TDs 11INTs but was from UT or another local college team.

In 15 games he put up some very good numbers. And it's not like he has Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson to chuck it and they'll grab it no matter what. Went 9-6 and the game didn't look too much for him
They were good numbers, not quite as good as Love, and Stroud still had Nico. Love has a bunch of #2’s and #3’s. And not nearly as good as the NFL MVP, who he is also ranked higher than (also higher than Justin Herbert, who had a better rookie season and has improved since)

John813

Reaction score
They were good numbers, not quite as good as Love, and Stroud still had Nico. Love has a bunch of #2’s and #3’s. And not nearly as good as the NFL MVP, who he is also ranked higher than (also higher than Justin Herbert, who had a better rookie season and has improved since)
Not saying I agree with how high he's been ranked, but I can see the argument of him being in the top 10, purely off his rookie year+ some expected progression and I don't think it's due to where he plays.
#4 is too high.
I agree Love should be in the mix. His play was exceptional

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not saying I agree with how high he's been ranked, but I can see the argument of him being in the top 10, purely off his rookie year+ some expected progression and I don't think it's due to where he plays.
#4 is too high.
I agree Love should be in the mix. His play was exceptional
I agree also he’s worthy of top 10 consideration. But the difference between being 10 and 4 is pretty mammoth with the names in between

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Herbert though in my mind has been overrated
I agreed with everything you said except this. He has been injured the past two seasons and his top 2 receivers could not stay on the field. When healthy, he has the wow factor. As far as talent, he's up there.

I have no idea how things are going to go with Harbaugh. They have thrown some resources at the WR position, who know how they will pan out. Lost Ekeler. I could see 2024 being a mediocre year for the team but I doubt it will reflect Herbert's play.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Love had a higher QBR without a receiver like Nico Collins or a TD like Schultz, and his 20-1 TD/INT ratio over the last 8 games was historically good. Plus one of the best playoff performances in team history; a team littered with historic QBs.

Is it just because Stroud was a rookie and this is projection? He could be better one day, but why are we saying he is already? 4th best QB in the NFL ahead of the guy who just won MVP… This seems okay to everyone?
Who was Rico Collins before Stroud got to town? The guy had 900 yards and 3TDs in his career before this year. Its perfectly valid to be cautious about a guy coming off a rookie season, but I also think that if the league hit the reset button and held a draft to repick teams Mahomes goes 1.1 and Stroud goes 1.2.

His advanced metrics were crazy good last season, and not just by rookie standards. He is really good outside the hash marks, was probably the best deep ball passer in the league last year. He get the ball out quick against the blitz, and actually had a higher receiver drop % than Dak did a year ago which we all know was high. Just 5INTs all season and none of those came off of passes over 20 yards telling me the kid is a massive student of the game and understand how to read defenses like a 10 year veteran. The guys numbers were very similar to rookie Dak, except Stroud pushed the ball down field more.

Its an interesting debate, but I wont blame anyone who ranks Stroud very high these lists, especially because outside of Mahomes I'm not sure the gap is that massive between any of them.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agreed with everything you said except this. He has been injured the past two seasons and his top 2 receivers could not stay on the field. When healthy, he has the wow factor. As far as talent, he's up there.

I have no idea how things are going to go with Harbaugh. They have thrown some resources at the WR position, who know how they will pan out. Lost Ekeler. I could see 2024 being a mediocre year for the team but I doubt it will reflect Herbert's play.
Yeah I'm a big Herbert fan, but the thing that pops out to me is how inconsistent he is with his decision making and accuracy, which those two could be related issues. The guy has every tool you want, but seems to be slow to decide what he wants to do with the football at times. This could be why his passes are off target so often. I'm not overly worried about his W/L record just yet for reasons you mentioned. Seems like a perfect Harbaugh guy though.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Here's why I have Dak above those guys:

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.
Did you just wake up this morning and decide that today was a good day to be kicked in the bean bag?

Perhaps you’re an arsonist and this is your way of setting CZ ablaze.

But…it’s your list, and you stand by it so good for you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a big Herbert fan, but the thing that pops out to me is how inconsistent he is with his decision making and accuracy, which those two could be related issues. The guy has every tool you want, but seems to be slow to decide what he wants to do with the football at times. This could be why his passes are off target so often. I'm not overly worried about his W/L record just yet for reasons you mentioned. Seems like a perfect Harbaugh guy though.
The only times I have seen him be consistently inaccurate was when he's been injured.

He was a little slow on decisions early on. After that, I chalked some of it up to the revolving door of receivers & tight ends.

I'm hoping they get it all put together. I think he could be really fun to watch if they do!!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Cool.

Here’s mine.

1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Rodgers
6. Stroud
7. Love
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Purdy
Pretty good. I'd flip Purdy and Herbert...but other than that...

And although I agree that Lamar has earned his #4 spot - and would be higher if he could perform in the playoffs - I'd take Stroud and Love over him. I like NATURAL passers...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Love sat for years and came in and lit it up with a guy who’s a top 5 offensive mastermind. Stroud is was a rookie and while I think Tank Dell and Collins are great and underrated nobody knew who the hell they were now they are carrying him….

For the record I think he debatable. If one person wants to say Love is better I get it. I think at this very least it’s debatable.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just can't put Stroud on this list after 1 season. Those other guys on the list have done it for a few seasons at least.

Before I anoint Stroud or Love, I want them to put together 2 or 3 good seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.