My try at a mock

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
with a little boost from NFLDraftScout's top 2,698

1st round #27 -- Maryland OT Bruce Campbell

Huge framed, athletic, but extremely raw OT prospect. Considering that rookies never start for us, he won't be seeing the field for a couple, even a few years anyways. So in that time he gets to sit and watch Flozell Adams, and learn from Houdson Houck to polish up his game.

ALT: Florida State CB Patrick Robinson

2nd round #59 -- Georgia Tech FS Morgan Burnett

Play-making S who had a down 2009, for him, which will only benefit the Dallas Cowboys. Was a ball-hawk in college, snaring 14 career interceptions. Possesses great size and good speed.

ALT: UMass OT Vladimir Ducasse (trade-up)

3rd round #90 -- North Carolina DT Cam Thomas

Prototypical NT at a shade under 6'4" and 331 pounds, which he carries very well. Is very hard to move at the LOS, and can shoot gaps from time to time.

ALT: Arkansas State DE Alex Carrington

4th round #122 -- Indiana (PA) CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

Big, fast and smart corner who offers the ability to make the switch to safety. Is great at baiting QBs, attacking the ball, and making something happen on the return. Could excel playing either man or sitting in a zone. Also a candidate to return kicks.

ALT: Iowa OLB AJ Edds

6th round #186 -- TCU OG Marshall Newhouse

College LT who projects to guard in the NFL. Big player at 6'3" 326 who holds his ground well against stronger players, and sets up quickly in pass-protection. Hustles to the whistle.

ALT: Utah FS Robert Johnson

7th round #218 -- Virginia DT Nate Collins

A part-time starter for most of his career at VA untile a breakout Senior campaign, finishing 5th in the ACC in sacks with 6, and contributing 10.5 tackles for loss. Switched between NT and DE in Al Groh's 3-4 scheme. More suited to play the 5-technique DE spot.

ALT: Tulane RB Andre Anderson

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3271821 said:
with a little boost from NFLDraftScout's top 2,698

1st round #27 -- Maryland OT Bruce Campbell

Huge framed, athletic, but extremely raw OT prospect. Considering that rookies never start for us, he won't be seeing the field for a couple, even a few years anyways. So in that time he gets to sit and watch Flozell Adams, and learn from Houdson Houck to polish up his game.

ALT: Florida State CB Patrick Robinson

2nd round #59 -- Georgia Tech FS Morgan Burnett

Play-making S who had a down 2009, for him, which will only benefit the Dallas Cowboys. Was a ball-hawk in college, snaring 14 career interceptions. Possesses great size and good speed.

ALT: UMass OT Vladimir Ducasse (trade-up)

3rd round #90 -- North Carolina DT Cam Thomas

Prototypical NT at a shade under 6'4" and 331 pounds, which he carries very well. Is very hard to move at the LOS, and can shoot gaps from time to time.

ALT: Arkansas State DE Alex Carrington

4th round #122 -- Indiana (PA) CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

Big, fast and smart corner who offers the ability to make the switch to safety. Is great at baiting QBs, attacking the ball, and making something happen on the return. Could excel playing either man or sitting in a zone. Also a candidate to return kicks.

ALT: Iowa OLB AJ Edds

6th round #186 -- TCU OG Marshall Newhouse

College LT who projects to guard in the NFL. Big player at 6'3" 326 who holds his ground well against stronger players, and sets up quickly in pass-protection. Hustles to the whistle.

ALT: Utah FS Robert Johnson

7th round #218 -- Virginia DT Nate Collins

A part-time starter for most of his career at VA untile a breakout Senior campaign, finishing 5th in the ACC in sacks with 6, and contributing 10.5 tackles for loss. Switched between NT and DE in Al Groh's 3-4 scheme. More suited to play the 5-technique DE spot.

ALT: Tulane RB Andre Anderson

Is Burnett better than Mike Hamlin? They seem similar to me, Hamlin might be the better playmaker. I like where you project Carrington and Newhouse, 2 very good players.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;3271827 said:
Is Burnett better than Mike Hamlin? They seem similar to me, Hamlin might be the better playmaker. I like where you project Carrington and Newhouse, 2 very good players.

for some reason the staff thinks Mike Hamlin is a SS

so we get a FS to complement him

I kind of like my alternate better, but I don't like projecting trades in mocks. Although moving from 59 to 51 (where NFLDS has Ducasse pegged) would probably only require our 3rd round pick

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3271829 said:
for some reason the staff thinks Mike Hamlin is a SS

so we get a FS to complement him

I kind of like my alternate better, but I don't like projecting trades in mocks. Although moving from 59 to 51 (where NFLDS has Ducasse pegged) would probably only require our 3rd round pick

Can I have Pouncey instead?

And Antonio Brown late

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3271834 said:
in a trade down

If you then trade back up somewhere else. 7,8 guys is too many.

So something like Pouncey @ 35 Ducasse @ 50.

Got your G/C of the future, maybe your LT(Im a sceptic) and Brewster a WC.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Pouncey
Ducasse
Devin Mccourty - CB/KR
Akoni-Oasasa-Akawa - DB/KR
Vince Oghabase -DE/DT
Antonio Brown -WR/KR

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Whats the deal with the CB out of Indiana? Why a 4th round grade? I've seen him play a few times and he balls everytime. Physical and fast. I dont get why he gets no love from these sites.

VACowboy

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3271864 said:
Whats the deal with the CB out of Indiana? Why a 4th round grade? I've seen him play a few times and he balls everytime. Physical and fast. I dont get why he gets no love from these sites.

Small school.

I think he'll be gone in the first half of the third, unfortunately.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
AWFUL!

I was going to say that whether I like it or not, sorry.

It's not bad. There, I said it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like the 4th round pick a lot, but not at all crazy about the rest of it. Campbell and Burnett are two I want to steer away from.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3272220 said:
I like the 4th round pick a lot, but not at all crazy about the rest of it. Campbell and Burnett are two I want to steer away from.

I can understand Campbell, but why Burnett?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272501 said:
I can understand Campbell, but why Burnett?
I just don't think he was very good this year. In 2008 he really was. Reminded me a little of former GT Safety Ken Swilling.

That guy was amazing as a Junior. Then he got hurt and fell apart as a Senior and I am not sure he ever even made the NFL. He was a top 10 pick if he had come out his Junior year.

When I see production fall off from one year to the next I tend to be hesitant. I just am not fan of his and his position and school reminds me too much of Ken Swilling.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3272539 said:
anI just don't think he was very good this year. In 2008 he really was. Reminded me a little of former GT Safety Ken Swilling.

That guy was amazing as a Junior. Then he got hurt and fell apart as a Senior and I am not sure he ever even made the NFL. He was a top 10 pick if he had come out his Junior year.

When I see production fall off from one year to the next I tend to be hesitant. I just am not fan of his and his position and school reminds me too much of Ken Swilling.

fair enough, although it's hard to snag 7 INTs every year

rkell87

Reaction score
TheCount;3271924 said:
AWFUL!

I was going to say that whether I like it or not, sorry.

It's not bad. There, I said it.

that means its not good either

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272550 said:
fair enough, although it's hard to snag 7 INTs every year
I'm not just talking about the INTs though Bob. As a sophomore he went from being a 1st or 2nd team All American by almost every publication out there, to what as a Junior?

That concerns me a lot.