My worthless thoughts after rewatching the game

CB61

Reaction score
Hopefully this will cheer you up

Darn it didn't capture the caption at the bottom it says the New York Giants arriving for the first training camp practice

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Your thoughts are no more worthless than anyone else typing up a thesis about a game we all watched already. Be of good cheer, young man.

Been saying this since the beginning. Ball was way off target and hummed in there. The chances of a speedster catching that was next to none. There was tons of room to work with so it didn't need to be zinged, but if you do, it needs to be on target.

Coop-Overhead1.gif

That throw right there Troy and Mike could do in there sleep.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Completely disagree. GB only appeared to play well because we were a comedy of errors and they controlled both LOS's. Had nothing to do w/ attitude or showing up to play.
gee I would think that controlled both LOS's would indicate they played well :huh:
Sure Dallas did play poorly at times, but GB played outstanding and with an attitude.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You hit on something that I have seen on replays before - The Colts and Rams games last year. New Orleans and Green Bay games this year. Execution. In all these games the execution of the opposing offenses was sharp. Everyone hit their blocking assignments in the running game. On the Cowboys side, its the opposite. It looks like guys are flailing around and getting people blocked almost by accident or getting in their way. They are not holding their blocks. Anyone who has the video of the Colts game from last year can see what I mean. This is what I was referring to as discipline. Knowing assignments and each individual getting his job done. On defense its recognition of what's about to happen and then beating your blocker or getting to the hole before the blocker can block you. Its recognizing the cut backs and containing the outside by not getting drawn inside too much.

The Packers were getting one or two linemen out to the second level to block the LBs because the linemen were not beating their one on one blocks to disrupt the play. If the DTs are beating those blocks then the Packers need double teams which allow the LBs to run to the hole unimpeded.
yes I agree, there was one play where lve was knocked on his back
by the OL coming out to block him, and then jones came thru and lve was on the ground.

I was watching, to see where dallas made mistakes, but I could not help but notice that GB
was just playing very good.
Their secondary played really well, and were reading the plays, and thats how they intercepted
2 of the passes, by reading it and come flying in front of the wr. Also dak was not looking them off, he was staring at guy he was gonna throw to the whole time. Then if they were tightly covered he threw it anyway!
So imo both NO and GB simply played a great game while dallas was not as bad as they seemed, they just didnt play great.